New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My son has actually signified he wants to race karts. He is turning 10 in a month. Any tips? We just got back here in the Philippines and I am no longer familiar wit the set-up here.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    My son has actually signified he wants to race karts. He is turning 10 in a month. Any tips? We just got back here in the Philippines and I am no longer familiar wit the set-up here.
    Good for him! I don't think 10 is too late because he will still have a couple of years before he moves to cars....

I'll watch this thread, my son is turning 2 and I have the same wish for him

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ same here... my son's 8 years old and stands around 4'4". he started dun sa subic and nagustuhan nya. gusto na din nyang i pursue eh...

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    My nephew started last year when he was still 7.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    its never too late to start something you wanna do. the earlier the better i guess. i do some karting myself and one time i was driving over at speedzone at the fort with my xgf it was just the two of us then. we were driving like theres no tomorrow. then a kart passed me. it couldn't be my gf coz the driver way too small to be her. so anyhow after the 10 laps the guy who passed me was a second faster overall. met him in the changing room and he was 8 and i met the mom. hes been driving at speedzone every weekend for almost 2 yrs.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Michael Schumacher was born in Hürth Hermülheim, to Rolf, a bricklayer, and Elisabeth. When Schumacher was four, his father modified his pedal kart by adding a small motorcycle engine. After Schumacher crashed it into a lamp post in Kerpen, his parents took him to the local karting track at Kerpen-Horrem where he became the youngest member of the karting club. His father soon built him a proper kart from discarded parts and at the age of six Schumacher won his first club championship. To support his son's racing, Rolf Schumacher took on a second job renting and repairing karts at the circuit, while his wife worked at the track's canteen stand. Despite the extra income, when Schumacher needed a new engine costing 800 DM (400 €) his parents were unable to afford it, but their son was able to continue racing through support offered by several local businessmen.[9]

In Germany the regulations require the driver to be at least 14 years old in order to obtain a kart license. To get around this, Schumacher obtained a license in Luxembourg in 1981, at the age of 12.[10]
    from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Schumacher

From wiki(above), MS started karting at age 4 and won his club championship at age 6.

Never too late to start!

6404:pump:

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

RP hosts Asian Karting July 25

Philippine Daily Inquirer
    First Posted 02:07:00 07/20/2008

THE PHILIPPINES PLAYS HOST TO another major motorsports spectacle when the 2008 Asian Karting Open Championship Series stages its second leg on July 25-27 at the Carmona Circuit Philippines.

Seven other Asian countries have confirmed their participation in the event bacled by Pagcor Sports, San Miguel Corporation, Pilipinas Shell, Palmer Asia, Department of Tourism and Vivere Hotel.

Hong Kong will be bringing in the biggest delegation with 12 karters, including last year’s overall runner-up Luca Ferigutti and Rotax Max Veteran champion Vince Chong Cheuk Wah. Malaysia has confirmed nine drivers for the event, including Brian Mehta who ruled the Formula 125 Junior Open class in Macau.

But Thailand is predicted to be the Philippines’ toughest rival for the overall leg crown.

Completing the roster of participating countries are Japan, Indonesia, Macau and Singapore.
    OT: This could be interesting to watch especially for your karting boys....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hey cool tip. Thanks. Will schedule a field trip with the boys...and now even the girl wants to join in with her kuyas.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Its never too late.When they grow up sali mo sa TRS.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Schumacher

From wiki(above), MS started karting at age 4 and won his club championship at age 6.

Never too late to start!

Two years nalang pala hihhintayin ko bago makapag start anak ko.

kaso abot na kaya niya yung pedals. hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Is 10 years old too early or too late for a kid to get into serious Karting?