New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tapos pag up and running na ang pabrika mo madami parin hihingi sayo

tapos pabago bago ang policy ng gobyerno

ung incentive na binigay sayo kaya ka nag invest in the first place... pwede alisin ng gobyerno anytime

WTF diba?

sino gusto mag invest sa ganyan bansa?

kaya kulelat ang Pinas

puro import nalang mas hindi sakit sa ulo

bodega lang kailangan mo konting tauhan isang sekretarya
    Last edited by uls; February 9th, 2021 at 12:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    naalala ko mga debate namin ni jpdm more than 10 yrs ago haha

pinoy made car bwahahaha

utot

foreign carmakers nga dami puhunan sumusuko sa Pinas

hanggang assemble oner type o sarao lang kaya ng Pinas

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya di magiging manufacturing country ang pinas

di tayo magiging taiwan, sk, japan, germany, china etc

in your dreams

forever importer tayo

at para may $$$ tayo pambayad ng imports -- OFW and BPO

yan ang fate ng pinas

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    If the Vios and Mirage cannot hit the required number of CARS... Porsche pa kaya

If my memory is correct...

2019 Porsche deliveries

Thailand - 900+
    Singapore (where prices are X3 compared to PH) - 590+
    Vietnam - 320+

2020 (YTD up to Q2)

Malaysia - 92

Thailand, Singapore and Vietnam are all connected to Malaysia by land and they all drive on the same side of the road...

I really think Vietnam will officially overtake our economy this year... Making us #7 in ASEAN

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    May problem pa sa dami ng lalagyan mo para magkaroon ng permit!!! Hehehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if i were seated, i will railroad all the red tape, sayang kikitain ng bayan yan eh

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    I believe the current Porsche Macan 2.0 price is/was pegged at 5.5M

I think Porsche is not competing in sales number vs BMW, MB, Audi. So Porsche PH may not drastically reduced it to compete against the likes of:
    Merc GLA 3.29M
    Merc GLC 3.99M 2.0T
    BMW X1 3.09M
    BMW X3 3.99M 2.0D
    Audi Q3 3.39M 1.4T
    Audi Q5 ~5.1+M 2.0T quattro
    Lexus RX350 4.38M 3.7L V6

Taking note of the base Q5 price (also the car most closely related to the Macan with same engine), the most likely scenario is just a slightly reduced price but not below the Q5. Or It could even match it given the Q5 released here is quattro by default.

Recent Audi prices are not published anywhere, and since PGA cars includes Porsche, only willing buyers who inquire will get to negotiate price with discounts.

The base Merc GLC 200's price suddenly became more attractive, since the X3 comes in diesel still.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I owned an Audi q5 2.0 tfsi quattro (the current model). Nice car but absolutely NOT worth the money.

German car prices here are crazy and they arent much better, faster, safer, (and in some cases have less equipment) than their japanese, korean counterparts (especially the compact crossovers). If brand is more important to you..then go ahead and buy and enjoy it. But i cant see the point anymore in buying these entry level german crossovers when the asian competition is so strong.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    talagang napagiiwanan na tayo ng ibang asean neighbors...
    stuck na talaga tayo sa jeepneys.

ewan ko lang in the future kung makakabalik pa tayo in the glory days kung saan napakaraming auto manufacturers sa atin way back in the 50s-70s like yutivo when they assemble (CKD) general motors cars and trucks. I think pati na rin mercedes used to be assemble their cars here i forgot the name company who assemble mercedes benz cars here back in the 60s-70s universal motors ata yun? correct me if im wrong..

hopes in the future kung yung lahat sa administration ay matino at well trained to run the country's economy and investments, auto manufacturing industry will sure back in the country. There will also a possibility for the country to have it's own car brand. look at vietnam's vinfast.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    wala na

PH can only manufacture people

for export (OFW), for service industry (BPO)

yan na talaga role ng Pinas sa mundo

supplier ng manpower

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Porsche confirms CKD operations in Malaysia from 2022 at Sime Darby plant – first outside of Europe! | Paultan

Local assembly will be done together with Porsche’s long-standing partner Sime Darby, who is the official distributor of Porsche vehicles in the country via Sime Darby Auto Performance (SDAP). Currently, Sime Darby Motors has the Inokom vehicle assembly plant in Kulim, Kedah, which also assembles BMW, Hyundai, Mazda and MINI cars, with an annual production capacity of 38,000 vehicles.
    Besides announcing CKD operations in Malaysia, Porsche also revealed that it will set up a new permanent research and development centre in China, its largest single market that it won’t set up an assembly plant in. The satellite facility will serve to increase the company’s understanding of its Chinese customers and their requirements, and to improve the local product development.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Porsche to set up assembly plant in Malaysia