New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    my friend's dad is thinking of buying one from PGA cars for a whopping 5.2M ... is it a good buy? the S version is 7.5M. imo the S version loookkkss wayyy better

teh turbo is 9.5M

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not really a fan of buying 'base model' Porsches. But what the heck, its still a Porsche.

Although with that kind of money, I will just spend it other stuff rather than on a single vehicle.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    yeah i dont like the weak 220hp in line 6... the lowest model worth buying imo is the S version

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I still like the 911 or boxster than the Cayenne..Plus I dont like the steering wheel... and Id rather use the money in other important things...:D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Inline 6? I know the S variant has V6 engine, which motioncars failed to notice and placed V8 on its specs.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    dba ang boxster 2.8M lang? hehehe yun nalang

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no personal experience, but if they're using the 6 cyl boxster engine then that sounds like it might be underpowered (i.e. ok power for getting around town but if you're expecting "porsche performance" you might be disappointed)

it's funny - i was just talking to a colleague of mine who manages our offices in arizona. he was going to buy the base cayenne but ended up getting the VW Touareg. according to him it's pretty much the same car in terms of features and performance, but much less expensive.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    same comment as m54...many people also commented about it being underpowered.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    5.2M??? wow mahal ah... hmm, para sa suv im sure d na practical yun. kung ako yun pajero na lang kukunin ko yung 3.8 v6 or nissan x-trail kahit todo setup ka don d naman siguro aabot ng 5.2M ang setup. or evo 8 :D 3M ata price nun.hehe

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    The base Cayenne has a 6-cylinder engine borrowed from VW. I am quite sure that it's a V6 and not a straight-6 (normally, only BMW and Toyota use that layout).

The Cayenne is not that great off-road, and on-road, the V6 model can be outran by a BMW X5 3.0i, and the 3.0d will have much better economy but not very much slower. There is also a VW Touareg with a V10 diesel. I'm not sure if it's on sale here, but this is worth considering too. Volvo XC90 is also worth a look, but stay clear of T6.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Porsche Cayenne In-line 6? comments?