New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    While there are a lot of rich doctors who don't file proper taxes, sobrang unfair yung generalization.

Not all doctors are rich. A whole lot of them are pretty poorly off, considering how much they spent studying.

You have doctors in the barrios, doctors who work in government hospitals, doctors who work for emergency services (like our very own OTEP), and doctors who do charity work.

A lot of those doctors are extremely offended by the ad.

-

Pero, baguhin natin. Wag naman doctor. Gawin nating OFW:

Tutal... maraming OFW na TNT at di nag-re-remit naman, diba? That's a fact. So kung OFW yung nasa ad, di dapat ma-offend yung mga nag-re-remit at legal na umalis, di ba?

Oops... sandali... bayani mga OFW... gawin natin mga prostitute.

Prostitute: libo-libo kita kada gabi. Walang taxes. High-life pa. Immoral pa. Fair naman, diba? Kung di ka naman rich prostitute, at white slave ka lang, di ka dapat ma-offend... tama?

Oops... baka magalit Gabriela... loan sharks naman.

Bumbay! May turban pa! Itong dayuhang walanghiyang nag-e-exploit ng mga pinoy... illegal na 5-6... malaki kita... di naman dapat magalit yung mga legal na Bumbay... wala naman silang ginagawang illegal.

Oops... baka racist daw. Sige... doctor nalang... tutal naman... puro masama yung mga doctor, diba? Di naman sila nagpakahirap mag-aral ng lampas dekada para maging doctor... at di naman nagbibigay ng discount sa mga mahihirap (o libreng consultation)... di rin nagbibigay ng free samples ng gamot sa mga pasyente para makamura. Sige... doctors nalang.

-

Itong gobyerno nating nagbabawal sa media ng mga palabas at sulat na nagpapasimuno ng pagkawalang respekto sa mga authority figures (nasa batas yan, ha)... ang yabang naman mambastos ng isang buong sektor ng lipunan at magpauso ng mga stereotypes na naninira sa mga taong nagbibigay ng serbisyo sa sarili nilang bayan.

-

TLDR: prosecute the rich doctors who don't remit. Don't tar and feather all the other doctors, too. Assholes.

Totally agree. Negative ads will just add to the animosity. Proper and timely prosecution of tax evaders is the way to go.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    If you're paying your dues properly why get affected? Hindi naman nga nilahat ng doctors yung ad.

And yes mostly mga doctor na napuntahan ko either walang resibo or meron man hindi talaga official receipt yun binibigay.

Walang standard sa charges and if you asked for a discount regarding your philhealth benefits they just blurt out na its already deducted.

Sa office namin andami complaints against some doctors. Some claiming for dubious/fabricated claims, ghost patients etc. Some don't
    give out philhealth deductions yet they reimburse to us members confinements.

Again hindi ko nilalahat ha?.

We had this conversation sa office, lets say kahit mga employed hindi outright ang tax deductions? Will we pay properly kaya?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yon nga problema na-generalize, eh!

and i definitely think lawyers are much worse. sana lawyers na lang ginamit nila sa ad.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Not all doctors are tax evaders, but on the flip side, not all doctors are doctors to the barrio as well. Kung makareact kasi mga tao, parang kawawang kawawa mga doctor eh.

Also, it's hard to argue with facts. The average doctor earns more than the average public school teacher. But guess who pays more in taxes?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Not all doctors are tax evaders, but on the flip side, not all doctors are doctors to the barrio as well. Kung makareact kasi mga tao, parang kawawang kawawa mga doctor eh.

Also, it's hard to argue with facts. The average doctor earns more than the average public school teacher. But guess who pays more in taxes?

The go after these tax evaders and stop wasting peoples taxes on this ridiculous shame campaign.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaNker View Post
    The go after these tax evaders and stop wasting peoples taxes on this ridiculous shame campaign.
    Mabuti pa, mahal kaya print ad esp mainstream newspaper.

Good intention, bad implementation. Press release na lang siya, mas mura. Hehe.imho lang naman

Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Or mag suicide na lang si KH at baka maraming mag abuloy and that will go all to BIR.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    yon nga problema na-generalize, eh!

and i definitely think lawyers are much worse. sana lawyers na lang ginamit nila sa ad.
    Ah, she won't allow that... kasi abugado din sya. Baka sya ilalagay sa taas kung sakali.

I wonder what will her doctor do when she complains of some ailment...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Like I said: change doctors to "Indians" or "Chinese" and both groups will react the same. Even if there's a grain of truth, if you sling mud in a general direction by singling out one specific group, you are going to make even the innocent angry.

A lot of doctors I know who ARE government hospital workers / emergency responders or barrio doctors are deeply offended by the ad.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I wonder what will her doctor do when she complains of some ailment...[/QUOTE]

nothing. she'll get the same treatment, just like everybody else.
    all physicians pride themselves in being able to deliver good medicine. we all had at least five years in training to do that.. it's something not easy to shrug off.. it's something we do even in our sleep...
    Last edited by dr. d; March 10th, 2014 at 01:57 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    A lot of doctors I know who ARE government hospital workers / emergency responders or barrio doctors are deeply offended by the ad.[/QUOTE]

i'm one of them (the government doctor, though you don't know me). and i am not offended. i am angered... instead of identifying with the doctor, i identified with the teacher! that someone in my profession is getting a free ride on my shoulders! i am also hoping and praying that something good will come out of all this..
    Last edited by dr. d; March 10th, 2014 at 02:31 AM.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast