New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    spongee,

Are you sure? Exchange programs or college scholarships?

Exchange student programs are available on all the top 4 schools, plus UA&P. The other schools are catching up too.

Exchange student programs were made not to actually study in other countries, but to experience "how studying is like" in the foreign universities. Why is that? Because the units your kid would take in the foreign university wouldn't be counted when he gets back here. That's why students think twice when taking up exchange programs. Experience-wise, its really great for your kid, free allowances and living costs and all (but not all programs have this). The consequence is that your child would have to add another semester/term or two before he finishes his course.

The exchange program would depend on the university's external linkages, for example DLSU have programs now with universities in singapore and japan, as well as all FSC (La Salle Brothers) schools. That's why the DLSU-Mla diploma is accepted in the US.

As for foreign university scholarships, your kid must be really good to get in. It's because he/she is fighting with a million other kids from other countries for that slot.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    spongee,

Are you sure? Exchange programs or college scholarships?

Exchange student programs are available on all the top 4 schools, plus UA&P. The other schools are catching up too.

Exchange student programs were made not to actually study in other countries, but to experience "how studying is like" in the foreign universities. Why is that? Because the units your kid would take in the foreign university wouldn't be counted when he gets back here. That's why students think twice when taking up exchange programs. Experience-wise, its really great for your kid, free allowances and living costs and all (but not all programs have this). The consequence is that your child would have to add another semester/term or two before he finishes his course.

The exchange program would depend on the university's external linkages, for example DLSU have programs now with universities in singapore and japan, as well as all FSC (La Salle Brothers) schools. That's why the DLSU-Mla diploma is accepted in the US.

As for foreign university scholarships, your kid must be really good to get in. It's because he/she is fighting with a million other kids from other countries for that slot.
    oh..i see...bout the exchange student program..i know that it'll be a school to school agreement..however what i do not know is that hindi pala credited yung pagaaral mo abroad more so hindi pala whole course ang involve..

about the scholarship naman..what i learned from the internet is only part of the expenses ang libre pag nakapasa ang anak mo..he has to at least have an income to support himself too..kaya nga meron sila nung tinatawag na in-campus jobs para sa mga foreign scholars.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Yes all he can do is get a part time job, which unfortunately cannot sustain even his daily allowances.

And they're not allowed to work full time, especially for foreign students (you have a STUDENT VISA, not a WORKING VISA). You can do work full time, but you would be paid lower than minimum wage, and without insurance coverage too.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I agree with most of the posts made here...

-Being successful really depends on the person
    -Schools have their own specialties

The only problem here in the Philippines is that most companies here are biased towards DLSU, UP, ATENEO..They make you a priority when you come from one of those schools which I think is so wrong...

Maybe it all depends on what type of crowd your child wants to get along with..

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I am a recent college grad who went through the whole employment process. Companies and graduate programs will have preference for schools. This is based on their experience with past graduates.

One of the bigger banks we have here prefers ateneans over UP and DLSU to be their management trainees and I know of 2 international business consulting companies who only hire from UP and ADMU.

That's how the corporate world works and it's unfair for other graduates to not have the oppurtunity to even get an interview just because they didnt come from a premier school.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spongee View Post
    my son is an incoming 4th year at Quezon City Science...he's now reviewing for his college entance exams....sa ngayon since qscience sha...it's like UP or bust para sa kanya...tho ang choices namin kasi varsity player din sha...in order of our choice: UP, Ateneo, LaSalle, UST....iba iba rin ang magiging approach namin sa mga schools na yan if ever maipasa nya lahat.. dahil concern din kami sa tuition fees...UP will not be a problem dahil di naman mataas ang tuition..dun sa tatlo, we are now studying what type of scholarships pwede nya ma-avail..

yung apat na yan lang talaga nasa list namin..(kahit na MAPUA kami pareho ng papa nya)..kasi kung option nyang magabroad someday, may edge talaga ang mga schools na yan...sad to say, silang apat lang talaga ang kilala outside the philippines..
    how i wish these schools recognize outside Philippines na di mo na kailangan balikan o pag-aralan ulit kung ano ang natapos mo. Are you saying the programs and courses offered? I agree na mataas ang quality ng education natin.

Literally kilala if you are working as an OFW in ASIA and some other nations,
    By migrating is far different story, totally back to square 1 (Outside the Philippines).
    this is just my experienced, i work outside the Philippines, yes kilala. By migrating, NO! I'm one of the graduates top 5 universities.

I knew a guy, he work (outside the Philippines)in Hong Kong yung profession niya nagamit niya. He migrate with his family, alam ninyo kung saan siya nag-work 7-ELEVEN AND McDONALD. HE WAS A CPA-LAWYER AND ALUMNI OF ONE OF THE TOP 5 UNIVERSITY IN THE PHILIPPINES. Hindi kaya 3rd world country pa rin tayo kaya doubt sila sa atin. Philippine Economy?!

The only Profession na kilala sa buong mundo kahit saan Colleges or Universities nagtapos,B.S.NURSING. Pagka-NURSE ka you can challenge the Licensure Examination right away.
    Pero proud ako na we have a good education in the Philippines at hindi mawawala sa iyong pagkatao bilang edukado kahit saan ka man.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    my observation lang ako regarding sa UST, out of the Big 4 Universities here in the philippines, UST is way Underrated, hinde ko alam kung bakit
    and mga bossing tama kayo, wala sa school yan, although it will just help you A LOT if you are a fresh Grad, i mean kung mag aaply ka ng trabaho especially if you came from UP, DLSU, ADMU & UST, pero yung mismong achievement mo na sa trabaho mo, nasa sa iyo na iyon.wala na sa school iyon.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks for all youre inputs guys. tanong lang sana namin ng jr. ko ; how much will it costs ba studying in up, admu, dlsu & ust?

so that i will be able to compensate and prepare it as early as possible in advanced.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rccr View Post
    The only problem here in the Philippines is that most companies here are biased towards DLSU, UP, ATENEO..They make you a priority when you come from one of those schools which I think is so wrong...
    This is one form of employment discrimination. Isn't there any law against this?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    pili na lang kayo kung ano definition nyo ng success...

success = 6 digit salary per month from working in a multinational?
    success = 6 digit salary per month from working abroad?
    success = earning a PhD and contributing to R&D in the Philippines
    success = working abroad and then being an entrepreneur in the Philippines

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Whats the top 5 universities in the Philippines?