New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Nakow e bukas andyan pa ako, I have meetings galore sa Ortigas. . . Pero dati naranasan ko na nga rin batuhan ng tear gas nung nasa kabilang bangko pa ako na ayala based.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Parang post WWI Germany yan..the reichsmark dollar exchange rate reached up to the billions per dollar. One truck of cash can only buy a bag of potatoes....Then out of the chaos, the ruins a genius will appear to lead the nation to greatness...Sana nga lang genius hindi monster tulad ni Fuhrer

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    we may not be so lucky next time a coup happens.

What if a power vacuum is created and the power grab turns ugly?

the armed forces could split and take sides of different power grabbers...

What if the power transfer doesnt take place in a day. Or 2.

What if we are left with no central govt for a week. Or 2.

Or a month. Or 2.

No govt agencies would be functioning...

No one would know who to take orders from...

Sino susundan ng pulis? ng militar?

U will have multiple self-proclaimed leaders...

Scared yet?

Not yet?

I'll scare u...

------------------------

And while there's no govt...

Our Philippine Peso money would have no value coz there would be no govt to back it up.

Like if u have P10,000 worth of SM gift checks, as long as SM exists, those gift checks represent P10,000 worth of goods from SM.

But if SM went out of business, those gift checks would represent nothing.

If the Phil. govt collapses, all your Philippine Peso money... in the bank, in your wallet... would be worthless.

There will be bank runs. Eventhough the cash withdrawn will be worthless.

The financial system will collapse.

And guess who will suffer most... the poor, the working class...

The rich have forex deposits in banks abroad.

They can fly out of the country...

They can live comfortably abroad for an indefinite amount of time...

They can wait out the chaos...

Then come back when things get better...

(like what Danding Cojuangco did after Marcos was deposed. He lived abroad for many years, then returned to take control of San Miguel Corp... amazing patience rich people have...)

Meanwhile the masses fight and kill each other for food... for survival...

You fear for your life and the lives of your family...

Your kids cant go to school, u cant go shopping, life as you know it totally changes...

Sacred yet?
    Yes this is a possible scenario, sana hwag naman mangyari ito. withdrawal of support, with the support of majority of the people without bloodshed dapat

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't like GMA but I won't support a coup or junta. We're still a nation of laws so we gotta try and make our democratic institutions work.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kung may coup? Sa TV na lang. Panoorin ko yung mga modern armaments ng Army natin rolling on EDSA. At yung latest model ng Tora-tora at Huey helicopters natin, swooping on Aguinaldo and Crame.

Pag nangyari yan........saan kaya tatakbo si GMA?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I'll jump for joy if they bomb Cristy Fermin and the rest of ABS CBN off the air. Seriously, many of you didn't experience real figthing during 1989 putsch, ask anyone around White Plains, Malacanang, Camp Aguinaldo, Camp Crame and ABS CBN complex. They were shooting at anything that moved, even civilians. And don't expect to see anything on TV or the Internet since these will be seized by whoever is leading a coup...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    I'll jump for joy if they bomb Cristy Fermin and the rest of ABS CBN off the air. Seriously, many of you didn't experience real figthing during 1989 putsch, ask anyone around White Plains, Malacanang, Camp Aguinaldo, Camp Crame and ABS CBN complex. They were shooting at anything that moved, even civilians. And don't expect to see anything on TV or the Internet since these will be seized by whoever is leading a coup...
    Makati also had its fair share. If you look closely at the Atrium you will see the bullet holes. Also office buildings were occupied by soldiers and some "alleged" atrocities occured when condo units were taken over. Some victims were foreigners as well. It has been forgotten but imagine the impact of that now.

I recall my office on Producers Bank building (now has a BDO and is still on Paseo) ransacked and full of feces on the floor. Also how the villages were surrounded by tanks. And snipers were shooting indiscriminately and hitting the occasional civilian. That was the first time I heard the term "uzi" come out. It was a time when The Fort was a real Fort.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Pinagtataka ko simulat nagkaisip ako..bat pag may rebellion laging sa makati o kaya sa white plains area o kaya sa EDSA? E diba nasa Malacanang yung target? Bat wala man lang mag frontal assault sa Malacanang para tapos agad ang laban?

Naalala ko tuloy yun sikat na photo ng Vietnam War, sa Fall of Saigon. Isang North Vietnamese tank nag smash sa gate ng palace ng South Vietnam.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    What would I do if they launched a coup? I'd ignore it.

Far more relevant matters deserve my attention more than their antics.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    here's another scenario:

napuno ng tao ang EDSA, Makati, Mendiola...

GMA flies by helicopter to Pampanga and sets up office there.

GMA wont step down. She's still president. AFP still obeys her command.

Tapos? Ano na?

-----------------------

GMA goes to Pampanga

Media tags along (reporters with live crew)

She goes on the air and declares she aint stepping down.

It's a media war.

The opposition chooses someone to become president and goes on the air to declare his/her presidency.

So u have 2 people insisting to be president HAHAHAHA

BTW, i doubt if the opposition can choose 1 person to become president.

They will definitely be fighting each other...

This i'd like to see --- Erap, Villar, Legarda, Lacson, Madrigal, Drilon, Guingona, Escudero, Binay, Ramos, Cory, bishops, Lozada etc etc lahat sila nag aaway away kung sino dapat ma-proclaim na presidente!

Major big time clash of the super egos!!

Sino susuportahan ng military?

There will be total confusion.

The opposition will implode!

And GMA, FG, Mikey etc will be watching in Pampanga...
    Last edited by uls; February 29th, 2008 at 12:07 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What would you do if they launched a coup?