New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    i'm not surprised to the lack of sympathy to the reply given on this topic. and i agree with them, ofw left on their own, it is their decision to work abroad.

my answer to the question "what should the government do when ofw's decides to go home??" nothing, the govt does not have to do anything, yun nga lang unemployment issue sa pinas inde masolusyonan, idagdag pa ang mga pauwing ofws. baka nga mabuset pa ang gobyerno kasi dagdag pa ang mga ofw sa statistics ng mga unemployed..

from experience and what i've heard from other ofw, pag kumita na ng dolyar, malabo ng umuwi kasi nga natikman na ang mataas na kita, inde naman lahat pero karamihan lang.

yung mga highly skilled at high earner malamang sa canada/australia/new zealand na ang punta ng mga yan as immigrant.

para mabawasan ang dissapointment sa buhay, wag po tayong umasa ng milagro sa gobyerno, kanya kanyang sikap at kayod na lang..

ito po ay para sa akin lang naman...

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    they will not go home kasi ang iisipin nila lalo silang mas maghihirap sila sa pinas.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by b1rken5tock View Post
    i'm not surprised to the lack of sympathy to the reply given on this topic. and i agree with them, ofw left on their own, it is their decision to work abroad.

my answer to the question "what should the government do when ofw's decides to go home??" nothing, the govt does not have to do anything, yun nga lang unemployment issue sa pinas inde masolusyonan, idagdag pa ang mga pauwing ofws. baka nga mabuset pa ang gobyerno kasi dagdag pa ang mga ofw sa statistics ng mga unemployed..

from experience and what i've heard from other ofw, pag kumita na ng dolyar, malabo ng umuwi kasi nga natikman na ang mataas na kita, inde naman lahat pero karamihan lang.

yung mga highly skilled at high earner malamang sa canada/australia/new zealand na ang punta ng mga yan as immigrant.

para mabawasan ang dissapointment sa buhay, wag po tayong umasa ng milagro sa gobyerno, kanya kanyang sikap at kayod na lang..

ito po ay para sa akin lang naman...

Mabuhay ka, Bro!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    what the government should do whether the peso appreciates or depreciates is to truly promote entrepreneurship in this country. hindi puro lip service lang. "go negosyo" daw e sobrang pro-labor naman ang bansa (mantakin mong sobrang haba nitong recent undas vacation with pay?), tapos sobrang hirap magtayo ng negosyo (sobrang daming requirements at regulatory agencies just to set-up a business).

right now, the government should take advantage of the strong peso and start making programs and policies that should spur entrepreneurship. ang daming pera ngayon, ang taas ng liquidity, sana ma-convert ito into business. hindi puro PR campaigns lang. so that our OFW's would want to actually invest money in our country (in small and micro businesses) and have some form of fallback in the event the peso continues to appreciate.

our OFW's who have seen how business is run abroad can apply the tech they learned over here. they have seen new ideas, and new ways of running businesses. they have seen and can appreciate innovation at a visceral level. they must be brimming with ideas on what businesses to put up. but just like the people who have stayed behind, they will need some degree of support. or at least, bawasan na lang ang stumbling blocks sa pagtatayo at pag-maintain ng negosyo.

the peso appreciation isn't a problem with regards our OFW "workforce," rather it is an opportunity that i hope we will not miss out on.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Errrr... why does it always have to be the government? Why can't people just stand on their own two feet?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's easier to blame someone than to take ownership of a fault, John hehe...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    Errrr... why does it always have to be the government? Why can't people just stand on their own two feet?
    while i completely agree with you, the plain and simple answer is because that is the government's job.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    It's easier to blame someone than to take ownership of a fault, John hehe...
    quite sad but true.....

bihira ang umaamin ng mali nya.....

sabi nga.....'if everything fails, it is not my fault, it is somebody's fault'

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    whoa, mas madami ang negative.instead of being a pessimist, why not suggest a better thing to do when this happens?

imo, i or the ofw's doesnt blame the government.it's so easy for other people to think that whenever there is a post like this, isip agad biniblame ang gobyerno.hindi po ganon.you are reading it wrong my friend/s.what i'm trying to point here is, you have to face the reality dudes. the very question is so simple, im just asking if we/ the government is ready to absorb again the millions of ofw's in the country?? or to its his own ang attitude yong iba dito?whether we like it not, ofw's (contract workers) are not permanent wherever they are now.there will come a time na babalik din mga yan.besides, tayo din naman ulit mamumrublema tantya ko another tax increase nanaman iisipin ng mga politiko.anyways, heto ang mas direct na tanong, san pupulutin ng gobyerno ang $11B taon taon pag wala ng ofw??me forecast pa nga na tataas pa ng atleat 5% ang remittance e.and ano available resources ng gobyerno para mabigyan ng hanapbuhay ang mga tao.ngayon palang hirap na what more kung madadagdagan pa?look what is happening to the country, too many jobless graduates,then dagdag pa yong babalik na milyones na ofw's??

i may just add, totoo po yon na walang nagsabi sa mga ofw na umalis pero umalis po sila dahil sa kahirapan sa buhay na hindi masyadong mabigyan ng pagkakataon ng gobyerno.yon nalang pong aalis ng kusa ang mga tao e malaking pasalamat na tayo dahil may kusa at yon ang sagot sa bakit hindi tumayo sa sariling paa.

*altis6453 and doc smooth
    Last edited by VtEC; November 5th, 2007 at 07:04 PM.

10. Join Date
    May 2007
    ako ay OFW sa kadahilanan na walang tumanggap sa akin sa pinas noong bagong graduate ako,kahit 1 dollar to 10 pesos ang palitan dito pa rin ako dahil ito ang binubuhay ko sa pamilya ko.dapat isipin natin kung ano ang magagawa natin para sa gobyerno hindi kung ano ang magagawa ng gobyerno para sa atin.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
what should the government do when ofw's decides to go home??