New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    corruption is so entrenched in the Phils. it has become part of culture

the higher up you go mas grabe ang corruption

children of oligarchs don't even know that their families' wealth depended on corruption (bribing, giving commissions & kickbacks to govt officials, lobbying for laws to protect their businesses from competition etc)
    Last edited by uls; May 30th, 2012 at 01:27 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    sorry but i don't agree with that

a lot of corruption happens at the highest levels of govt involving mind-boggling amounts of money

the wealthiest in the private sector all have friends in the highest levels govt

they help each other
    I think I have to clarify my statement because it depends on what levels of govt belongs to high or low.
    I refer to high as in highest level (Pres, Congress and SC). mid- level as departments and attached agencies. Low local govt agencies. Lowestest the brgy level. This is just for me and not official of course.

The highest level receives the highest amt per transaction. But IMO, lower levels has the higher number.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    new paradigm of transparency daw

tignan natin

:taunt: :coffee:
    sana may accountability din. may mga palpak na govt officials si ngoyngoy pero hindi maalis. e.g puno and llamas (stike two na nga si llamas)

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    All impeachable goverment officials can now be thrown out of office by a incomplete SALN statement. Won't declaring P10,000 be any different from not declaring P80 million? Politicians IN OFFICE will now not cross PNoy, I'm sure his opponents/opponents-to-be will be double checking their past SALN. Yung mga remaining GMA justices will be sweating by now. Siguradong si Lapid daming butas sa SALN din...

daming congressman na kampi dati kay GMA ang kampi na ngayon kay Pnoy ibig sabihin tuloy ang ligaya hehehehe

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    wala. ganon pa din. NGANGA!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    so makikita na natin ang uniporme ng buong congress na yellow at pati mga senators.. si Midas nagpatahi na ng yellow na damit

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I agree dapat all goverment officials should waive their assets and other accounts now, so they can't be subjected to BLACKMAIL by whoever is in power.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    I think this will serve as a wake-up call for all of our government official. We should start somewhere and this is it.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    the Tarlac Mafia rules

hehe

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    ^ To be frank, we've been "starting from somewhere" since the first People Power that ousted ex-Pres. Marcos (for me, being an 80's teenager). I've lost count about the time they impeached ex-Pres. Estrada.

We've been like:

"Ito na."
    "Hindi pa"
    "Ito na, ito na!"
    "Hindi pa rin"
    "Malamang ito na yan!"
    "Ay! Wala pa rin"
    "Ito, peks man, totoo na!"
    "Yaaa! Hindi pa rin!"

Everytime a demon is kicked out of office, another one with twice as many horns takes over.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What happens now? After Corona was found guilty?