New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I have heard that certain BPOs/CCs are already terminating staff and some Ad Agencies and offshore banks have began retrenching.

Who else is affected?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    As far as the Phils. in concerned,

sa 2009 pa natin mararamdaman ang effect ng global economic slowdown. (job losses)

Pinoy holiday spending will mask the effect of the slowdown.

Magastos ang pinoy pag Christmas season hehe

Lalo na ngayon malakas ang dollar, mas madaming pang gastos ang mga OFW dependents.

Pag tapos ng holidays...

First quarter 2009...

dun na natin makikita ano mga industries ang hihina.
    Last edited by uls; November 17th, 2008 at 03:10 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Industries anchored on exports will be hard hit but not across the board. The electronics industry will be affected but those exporting lower end market might even experience a surge of sort.

The financial sector might also be hit with job cuts.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Telecom industry.

Marami na natanggal.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    umpisa palang yan

things will get worse in 2009

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've heard accenture stops hiring as of the moment.

and to think my contract would end this year.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I used to work for an offshore bank, my friends who stayed told me that the bank laid off almost 300 employees. Grand excuse was redundancy. There goes my chance of going back to the corporate world. Almost all the offshore banks are freeze hiring.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Citi brings out the big knife

Wall Street Journal - 1 hour ago
    By BRETT PHILBIN NEW YORK -- Citigroup Inc. is cutting approximately 53,000 more jobs in the coming quarters as the banking giant struggles to steady itself after suffering massive losses from deteriorating debt.
    AFP - 1 hour ago
    NEW YORK (AFP) — Citigroup said Monday it would cut up to 50000 jobs worldwide as the US banking giant struggles with the global financial crisis and four consecutive quarters of heavy losses.
    JP Morgan too

Bloomberg - 19 hours ago
    By Andrew Cleary Nov. 16 (Bloomberg) -- JPMorgan Chase & Co. plans to cut thousands of jobs worldwide starting at the beginning of next year
    Last edited by uls; November 18th, 2008 at 12:18 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    What about the local automotive industry? 'heard that the US big three are in dire straits...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    According to Toyota (local) they expect 0% growth next year. I think we are still better off than the developed countries. What I am quite curious about is what happens to Chevrolet (GM) and Ford in RP if their respective mother companies go Chapter 7? Kapag Chapter 11 baka ibenta lang pero kung Chapter 7 pano na kaya yung mga bumili ng Chevy or Ford dito may parts pa kaya?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
What companies/industries are hit by global economic crisis and are laying off?