New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Then die for Uncle Sam!

WASHINGTON - The Pentagon will begin recruiting skilled immigrants with temporary status in the United States and offer them an express path to citizenship, The New York Times reported Sunday.
    Citing military officials, the paper said that under the proposed program, recruits would be able to become US citizens in as little as six months.
    Permanent residents, or holders of so-called "green cards," have been eligible to enlist in the US military for a long time.
    But for the first time since the Vietnam War, the military, which is stretched thin due to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, will now open its doors to immigrants with temporary visas if they have lived in the United States for a minimum of two years, the report said.
    Recruiters expect that temporary immigrants will have more education, foreign language skills and professional expertise than many Americans, helping the military to fill vacancies in medical care, language interpretation and field intelligence analysis, The Times wrote.
    "The American Army finds itself in a lot of different countries where cultural awareness is critical," Lieutenant General Benjamin Freakley, the top recruitment officer for the army, told the paper.
    "There will be some very talented folks in this group," he said.
    The program will be first limited to 1,000 enlistees nationwide in its first year and mostly involve the army, the report said.
    If the pilot program succeeds, it will expand for all branches of the military and eventually provide as many as 14,000 volunteers a year, or about one in six recruits, The Times noted.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/world/02/...zenship-report

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    No way.....

There's another program like that but it's more of a lottery. Diversity Visa Program, afaik.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Reminded me of the letter I received when I was graduating in High school. It was about opportunities to join the US navy. That was long time ago when the americans where still here in subic.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this might be a good opportunity, especially for someone who has good scientific or technical skills.

remember that there are TONS of US military jobs that don't involve direct exposure to combat...

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    No way.....

There's another program like that but it's more of a lottery. Diversity Visa Program, afaik.
    I've checked this before. Unfortunately, filipinos do not qualify for this lottery.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Eh pano naman qualified mga Pinoy sa DIVERSITY PROGRAM eh ang dami ng Pinoy sa US and almost all of them voluntarily going there.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^no, thanks! while i would love to immerse myself in that once powerful land...i still find Filipinos worth living for....kahit maraming gago, pinoy at heart pa rin ako...di ko yata pwede pagpalit ang comfort and convenience dito sa Mindanao. ang ganda ng Pilipinas lalo na ang ating karagatan...and, yes, the mountains! simply majestic! i just feel na mas marami pa ako gusto matutunan...i am now interested with the indigenous people all over the country...gusto rin mag enroll in archaelogy, wanna learn by heart ancient civilization and how the Filipino culture has evolved...hay! mga wish list ko lang muna...meantime, ipon at magtatrabaho para kay uncle sam for 5 years? tas balik Pinas for some altruistic endeavors til i grow old, feeble, yet happy...

i would still keep my one and only Passport...only Philippine passport.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bibigyan ka ng citizenship pero on one condition...

gagawin ka munang bala ng kanyon hahahaha!

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Very well said AB_INITIO!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencoil View Post
    Very well said AB_INITIO!
    hehehe...salamat, Sir gc!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Want to be an instant US citizen??