New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Ayos! Ganda ng palitan ng usd to peso! Hehe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ayos yan para sa mga OFW bumaba ang Oil Price tapos tumaas ang palitan ng dollar.. Pero mag babago pa yan pag dating ne ber month since dami mag papadala ng dollar..

bumaba din ng 20 cents ang opening ngayon ng dollar to peso.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    may pansabong na si kumpare

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    During my days in HK, no body would dare want to have a YUAN. Now it's dictating the regional currency.

Something is terribly wrong here How the hell can a country of fake dictate the real ones???

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    During my days in HK, no body would dare want to have a YUAN. Now it's dictating the regional currency.

Something is terribly wrong here How the hell can a country of fake dictate the real ones???
    Because China is the factory of the world.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post

Because China is the factory of the world.
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Cheap labor + iron fisted rule = cheap manufacturing.

Help me figure this out:
    - Yuan devaluates, making Chinese products cheaper...but
    - importers pay with USD, and USD is going up, making imports more expensive

What is the net effect on the import of goods?
    Last edited by badkuk; August 14th, 2015 at 01:21 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    People can't seem to figure out why China's currency devaluation caused Asia-Pacific currencies to fall. It's because everyone only thinks of China as an exporter. People forget that China is a massive importer. Many Asia-Pacific countries export to China. The fortune of many countries are tied to China. For example, China is Australia's biggest customer. Australia supplies minerals to China. As China's demand for minerals fell so went the Australian dollar.

Even before the devaluation China's imports have already been been falling. The devaluation will make imports more expensive. As demand from China falls so goes the economies of China's suppliers.

Here's another chart showing exports to China as share of GDP.
    Now I guess people will understand why currencies of countries that export to China fell in reaction to RMB devaluation.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Bathory View Post
    People can't seem to figure out why China's currency devaluation caused Asia-Pacific currencies to fall. It's because everyone only thinks of China as an exporter. People forget that China is a massive importer. Many Asia-Pacific countries export to China. The fortune of many countries are tied to China. For example, China is Australia's biggest customer. Australia supplies minerals to China. As China's demand for minerals fell so went the Australian dollar.

Even before the devaluation China's imports have already been been falling The devaluation will make imports more expensive. As demand from China falls so goes the economies of China's suppliers.
    thank you. i got it now.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Galing talaga ni Uls.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    san kayo nagpapalit ng $? sa villarica +.30 lagisa BDO. Nagtanong ako sa bdo kung may special rate sila minimum $5k daw

Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast