New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 101 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Its almost at a level similar to 5years ago. I wonder how the remittance will be like come payday.

XE High 45.86

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Good news!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I remember ten years ago when it was around the 55 mark.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I remember ten years ago when it was around the 55 mark.
    With 55 thats like a free car for some expats. Hopefully this year it breaches 47-50pesos.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Not a good news for importers.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Higher $ is good for OFW & their depents likewise for exporters & BPOs. Good for tourism.
    It's bad news for imports, could hold gasoline prices to further go down and costly for foreign travel.

But what i don't damn understand is why is that the price of car keeps going up irregardless whether $ goes up or down. Unless the only logical explanation is taxes.
    Last edited by macsd; August 10th, 2015 at 09:41 PM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Higher $ is good for OFW & their depents likewise for exporters & BPOs. Good for tourism.
    It's bad news for imports, could hold gasoline prices to further go down and costly for foreign travel.

But what i don't damn understand is why is that the price of car keeps going up irregardless whether $ goes up or down. Unless the only logical explanation is taxes.
    Sadly, it is, bro....

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    Not a good news for importers.
    Yeah..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post

Some Mux variants are priced nicely
    So are suzukis and nissans. Also some mitsubishi is nicely priced. And the ecosports.

As for price increase, its relative to supply and demand. I mean look at the total car sales this year for the Philippines. We will exceed 300k by the end of the year. People are getting richer hence demand is increasing. Supply will be limited. Prices go higher. Same case for condos. A growing economy like ours will push prices higher.

Look at the scam victims. They are liquid in millions. Imagine how many cars they already have and what they can afford.

The AEC hopefully will enrich aseans more. Sana in the next 3-5years meron na effect sa Philippines.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    XE HIGH 46.04

I wonder how the chinese yuan devaluation affects this...

Page 1 of 101 123451151 ... LastLast