New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    "It's unusual that they would be here longer than a few days, but that's the situation now," said Art Wong, a spokesman for the Port of Long Beach. "They can't move it through their pipeline fast enough so they are asking for additional space while they keep their vehicles here more than a few days, and in some cases more than a few weeks."
    Full story http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081207/...us_autos_ports

Padala na lang kaya yan dito as surplus.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I have read nga sa UK daw merong buy 1 take 1 promo. 2 Dodge Avengers for €24K. Interestingly those are American cars. Unwanted talaga mga US cars... That is a good deal, but I am sure the dealer is just cutting his losses already...

http://news.abs-cbn.com/classified-o...beat-recession

Dealers in the US also face with huge fall in demand. They have so many stock of vehicles which can be potentially be axed by GM as part of its restructuring. Brand like Saturn, Hummer and Pontiac. Syempre mga customers ayaw bumili ng cars na may chance to be axed or not supported anymore...

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/...ts-uncertainty

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    that's what happens when banks tighten credit

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    And that is also what happens when car makers make vehicles that are too expensive that people will end up still getting bank credit just to buy the car.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    that's what happens when people have no savings and live on credit

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Siguro kung BMW yan, people would scram to get it. hehehe.

Buy one M5 and take one M3 for free!! wow. :D

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Asa pa tayo Yep normally kung Buy 1 Take 1 normally crap talaga binebenta Pero meron din akong nabasa buy a fully loaded Ford Expedition and you get a free bare bones Ford Focus. Now they really wanna get rid of their Expeditions, those are such gas guzzlers and their resales are tanking by the second the longer the dealer hold on to it the bigger his losses will be. Its a financial time bomb sitting in your lot
    Last edited by tidus1203; December 8th, 2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: spelling

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sadly, prices of vehicles here are still steadfast.....

7101:hooray:

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Actually sa new cars its true that prices are still high as if nothing has happened, pero sa 2nd hand market medyo di na rin ganun kadali and the buyers are very meticulous na and ang aggressive tumawad... We sold a 2nd hand Revo (supposedly a popular vehicle especially for the OFW class since very versatile and cheap) recently and pahirapan talaga gusto ko sana P310,000 napababa all the way to P280,000 tapos ako pa gagastos ng transfer of ownership, tapos on top of that may commission pa ako sa finder. But oh well, just to get rid of it I guess...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i wonder what would happen if that keeps on going.

Baka bumababa ang american cars dito sa atin.

I'll line up for Ford Focus TDCI DSG na buy one take one. hehehe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Unsold cars pile up