New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    From the infamous segment on David Letterman's show...

[SIZE=3]Top 10 Reasons Why There Couldn't Be a Filipino-American US President:[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]By David Letterman[/SIZE]

10. The White House is not big enough for in-laws and extended relatives.

9. There are not enough parking spaces at the White House for 2 Honda Civics, 2 Toyota Land Cruisers, 3 Toyota Corollas, a Mercedes Benz, a BMW , and an MPV (My Pinoy Van).

8. Dignitaries generally are intimidated by eating with their fingers at State dinners.

7. There are too many dining rooms in the White House - where will they put the picture of the Last Supper?

6. The White House walls are not big enough to hold a pair of giant wooden spoon and fork

5. Secret Service staff won't respond to "psst... psst" or 'hoy....hoy...hoy...'

4. Secret Service staff will not be comfortable driving the presidential car with a Holy Rosary hanging on the rear view mirror, or the statue of the Santo Nino on the dashboard .

3. No budget allocation to purchase a Karaoke music-machine for every room in the White House.

2. State dinners do not allow "Take Home".

AND THE NUMBER 1 REASON WHY THERE COULDN'T BE A FILIPINO-AMERICAN U.S. PRESIDENT IS...

1. Air Force One does not allow overweight Balikbayan boxes!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Sus gaya gaya talaga tong si David Letterman kay Jay Leno, tagal na nyang nag-joke na ganyan e.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    well, if this was really from David Letterman's how, then no doubt he's got a Filipino writer in his staff.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    yeap malamang meron ngang pinoy sa staff hehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    iba pag "presidente" ang gawing plot dito mas may dating... but this is actually all about ugali ng pinoy.

aywan ko lang kung nakikita nyo na ang mga balikbayan sa kanikanilang bayan yung mga... pakistanis, indians, to mention the few. nakakalula sa laki ang mga bagahi.. at dumudura pa sila kahit saan... at super anghit pa.

i mean, dala talaga yan ng up bringing or breeding which constitute education. of halos lahat ng nagaabroad na pinoy ay educado and why they tend to do those things mentioned above kasi chiefly due to dala nga ng pangangailangan.

when it comes to karaoki aywan ko kung tayo nga ang addict talaga dyan.

more on the truth din yung ugali ng pinoy na pasikat. but if you analyze it deeply it is more on telling people na "hoy pinoy ako at hindi basta basta as you thought we are" so ano yun? di ba maaring ikaw din mismo yun?

tanong nyo sa sarili nyo... hypocrisy aside dude.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    iba pag "presidente" ang gawing plot dito mas may dating... but this is actually all about ugali ng pinoy.

aywan ko lang kung nakikita nyo na ang mga balikbayan sa kanikanilang bayan yung mga... pakistanis, indians, to mention the few. nakakalula sa laki ang mga bagahi.. at dumudura pa sila kahit saan... at super anghit pa.

i mean, dala talaga yan ng up bringing or breeding which constitute education. of halos lahat ng nagaabroad na pinoy ay educado and why they tend to do those things mentioned above kasi chiefly due to dala nga ng pangangailangan.

when it comes to karaoki aywan ko kung tayo nga ang addict talaga dyan.

more on the truth din yung ugali ng pinoy na pasikat. but if you analyze it deeply it is more on telling people na "hoy pinoy ako at hindi basta basta as you thought we are" so ano yun? di ba maaring ikaw din mismo yun?

tanong nyo sa sarili nyo... hypocrisy aside dude.
    Now now. No need to rag on other people's cultures. If they don't use deodorant because of their culture, then you you have to respect that.

The Pinoy penchant to impress is not to impress outsiders but to impress other Pinoys. Whether or not that's bad or ok depends on the circumstances. Personally, I'm fine with those oversized B-boxes. I tend to travel light myself, often with no check-ins. I'm not the kind to give gifts for every relative (although I'll slip em a few greenbacks and tell them to buy what they can with it). But, my wife is one of those who bring with her enough stuff to fill a van.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tagal na neto ah, i've read this somewhere before. typical na ugali nating mga pinoy hehehe

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    di ko masabi kung matutuwa ba ako o hindi...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    waiting for someone with no sense of humor to turn this into a hate thread

...or has that already happened?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Yung no. 6 ang nakakatawa.....

Pero totoo bang lumabas ito sa David Letterman's Show? Meron ba sa YouTube?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top 10 Reasons Why There Couldn't Be a Filipino-American US President