New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Were Jesus and Mary Magdalene married?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

1 6.67%
  • NO

4 26.67%
  • I have no opinion / undecided

3 20.00%
  • I was the ninong/ninang...

7 46.67%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Were Jesus and Mary Magdalene married?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Proof POSITIVE Jesus "by law" had to have been married.

In the bible, Jesus is referred to several times as Rabbi. This is not a title given to a Jewish man lightly. And ask any Orthodox Jew, how many Rabbis are single ...? None! And even if there are liberal Jews that exist today that do not hold themselves to that law, back then to go against Jewish law could mean extreme punishment, or even death....oh yes we know that don't we? And while I personally believe that it was the church that is primarily responsible for demonizing and knocking Mary Magdalene to the ground, it would seem that ancient texts do support the fact that Mary was not only close to Jesus, but she was favored by him and that attention was significantly different than the affection he showed the other apostles. I am very open minded. I look to the evidence that exists from at or around that time in history. I weigh that so much more that personal feelings of what I was raised or even urged to believe through Catholic School. Jesus , I believe was married . I believe it was most probably to Mary Magdalene. Jesus was a Rabbi therefore required by Jewish Law to be married. He would have been stopped and action would have been taken against him that most certainly would have caused a complete alteration as to the events recorded in history. So I ask you? Look to the evidence. I am still a Catholic. I still give my faith to Jesus Christ and his teachings. It is absolutely amazing in and of itself that the story of my God that I have been taught since a child can be backed up; by documents found at the time the events occurred and with all of the amazing archeological finds. I respect the Muslim, the Jewish and the Christian faiths. I have a unique theory that I share with quite a few people.......We are all worshiping the same God!!!!! Jesus , according to everything I have learned had among him, some of whom he called his closest friends, his followers. And some of them at times doubted, even denied him. But He ,with love in his heart closed his eyes and died with the intention of saving them all from their sins. Based on that I do not understand the actions taken by men in the name of God on behalf of any of the faiths! I know that there is a jerk in every crowd, but at this point in the development of the human species why have we not yet invented an anti jackass ray gun or something along that line......Oh well one can only pray.....or close your eyes and think really hard and focused "anti jackass" "anti jackass" !!!!! lol Just kidding. Note to all: We are capable of looking through the insanity that renders us somewhat like young spoiled children that are uncooperative and insist that you are wrong and they , and only they are right. We are capable of looking to the past , the amazing archeology and technology that enables us to make discoveries day by day now it would seem. Realize that history repeats itself, and by realizing that than we should be able to avoid killing each other indiscriminately in the name of religion or race, because "WE ARE ALL RELATED" Science does not contradict creation....to the contrary the mere fact that everything known to exist in the universe dies , except the Universe itself screams of a creator to me. Perhaps a creator even more amazing and grand than we are currently able to express. Perhaps our bible, Koran, Talmud, perhaps they are merely a guide for us. The amazing religious texts we hold today are to God in comparison much like a comic to a literary genius. Yes they are Holy , divinely inspired, but God is so much more complex that our ability to comprehend and we remain here under these circumstances quibbling over what on a cosmic scale are really rather insignificant difference in details.
    I believe that Jesus and Mary Magdalene were PROBABLY married because their relationship seems to have been redefined by those (males) who established formal churches down through the centuries.

If the Bible is viewed as "being written by God" then they were not married, and Mary was no more than a reformed prostitute who became a "Jesus groupie." It seems apparent to me that the Bible was composed by a number of different writers. This being the case, we can assume that each individual writer had his/her own agenda. Since most of those who were literate were males, we can assume that the agendas were male-oriented, thus creating a male-oriented church. Such a church would want their "heroes" to be males. For Jesus to have a wife at all would be problematic for these "church creators." For Jesus to have a wife who took an active part in his establishment of Christianity would be unacceptable. By relegating Mary Magdalene's role to that of reformed prostitute, the writers of the Bible ensured that Jesus remained as "pure" as his mother, Mary, was thought to be. Jesus and Mary would not have hung out together as long as they did if they were not married, or at least if they did not consider themselves "partners" on some level. In view of the mores of the times, marriage was their most likely partnership.
    source: Were Jesus and Mary Magdalene married?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Yan ang takbo ng utak ng atheist, para ring cult. Kung ano-ano ang nasa isip.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Doesn't matter if they got married or not. Had a child or not. Still a great soul.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

"And a lot of my Managers are called 'Sir',- so they must probably have been Knighted"....

15.5K:boxing1:

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

"And a lot of my Managers are called 'Sir',- so they must probably have been Knighted"....

15.5K:boxing1:
    Panalo!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Extension of "Da Vinci Code" and the gospel according to so-special Mary Magdelene. Strange how people continue to look down on prostitutes when Jesus himself was SPECIALLY mentioned defending one... does anyone ever wondered why it even made it to the all-knowing Bible?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Extension of "Da Vinci Code" and the gospel according to so-special Mary Magdelene. Strange how people continue to look down on prostitutes when Jesus himself was SPECIALLY mentioned defending one... does anyone ever wondered why it even made it to the all-knowing Bible?
    Actually Mary Magdalene was not the prostitute mentioned in the Bible with Jesus. Mary Magdalene was actually one of the early women followers of Jesus along with the (male) apostles. Unfortunately, she was later confused with the unnamed prostitute mentioned in the bible when the early Catholic church decided to remove books, gospels and verses from the "official" Bible. After the time of Jesus, Mary Magdalene later traveled around preaching the "gospel" and even formed her own sect of Christianity that was attractive to women of the time, for the same reason why men (the community leaders of the time) hated and condemned.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Mary Magdalene is what every guy/husband dreams of. supportive, sweet, beautiful, appealing, sensual, humble and probably ***y.

just picture a fashion model with Elizabeth Taylor cunningness but with the qualities of good housewife.

To us that's the perfect woman in the world. unlike what we have now, meron ka nga good housewife, lumba-lumba naman and very controlling and possessive, tapos kung maka-dasal parang lahat na lang ng dangers na-foresee kaya wag ka ng kumilos at sa bahay ka nalang, magpataba sa 55" tv mo

meron ka HoT chick/pokpokin taas naman ng ere if not "dumb blonde", meron ka nga smart / intelligent girl pero grabe naman ang pride at kung mag-claim ng equality sa'yo tapos sobrang binabasa mind mo to the point na yun na nga lang ang private sayo, gusto nya andun sya sa loob. yan ang mga babae ngaun

When God assumed the role of Jesus Christ, sobrang na-curious siguro sya sa personality of Mary Magdalene kasi even siguro sya may biases/stereotypes sa mga women noon araw (the 3 kinds of woman I described above). How could a woman so despised by society eh napakaganda ng ugali para sa kanya.

kung tuusin even after Christ's time, the Holy Roman Empire and rising Church that time never gave importance to the role of the woman. kaya tignan nyo noon if ang simbahan Pari lang ang may position talaga sa Vatican, I think even up to now a nun can't be a pope.

what Jesus Christ found in Mary Magdalene is a one-of-a-kind woman siguro. and Mary Magdalene may be one of the reasons why God had second thoughts of ending humanity. if mahirap pa din intindihin sabi ko, parang Avatar lang yan.

now am not saying that God had a relationship with her, it's just she found her very interesting. one of her creations ganun ka na-develop na quality.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Si OB nabuhay ulit? Nag tour ng Europe at naging born-again?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
"Were Jesus and Mary Magdalene married?"