New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Now this is really weird news: http://news.discovery.com/animals/ta...errorists.html

Monkeys have been trained by the Taliban in Afghanistan to use machine guns and trench mortars against U.S. military forces, reports People's Daily Online.

According to this Chinese media story, monkeys can now operate the Kalashnikov, Bren light machine gun, and have the ability to identify and attack U.S. soldiers based on the appearance of their uniforms.
    The below photo has been widely distributed over the Internet.

[SIZE=+0] [/SIZE]
    The report indicates the Taliban was inspired by none other than the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency, which it claims used peanuts and bananas to train "monkey soldiers" in Vietnam. This information was, in turn, attributed to a "British media" report from last month.
    The story ends by saying, "A senior U.S. military source confirmed the existence of the Taliban monkey soldiers, military experts call armed monkeys 'monkey terrorists.'"
    [SIZE=+0][SIZE=2]So we have a story built on rumor, with no named sources, quoting a media source of unknown origin. Personally, I think a clever monkey could be behind the whole thing.[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    Kung sa bagay, dito sa Pilipinas, mga unggoy naboboto rin sa pulitiko.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some prefer to do it gangstah!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Well, I can't distinguish the difference between Talibans and monkeys. I don't wonder anymore.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So what happens when the monkeys revolt against their masters?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    at first natawa talaga ako but then, I realized that how people are really losing their humanity, as even innocent animals are used or being trained to be a killing machine.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by malinkelly View Post
    at first natawa talaga ako but then, I realized that how people are really losing their humanity, as even innocent animals are used or being trained to be a killing machine.
    nothing new... there has been others animals like dolphins and dogs used by the military.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by malinkelly View Post
    Luma na yan, since the Middle Ages pa, humans have used animals for warfare.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    next on the news, monkey suicide bombers

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tachyon View Post
    and then monkey suicide pilots? :rofl:

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tachyon View Post