The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hmm...parang nawawala si Safe Origin.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's not faith, for him... it's merely assessing available evidence and seeing no evidence for the afterlife.

Science is not the answer. Science merely defines a method of searching for answers. There's no faith in it. Either the method proves your ideas or it doesn't.

Personally, I'd like to think there is something else, despite the fact that there's no evidence for it... but the evidence against is pretty grim.

The message, though, I think is pretty clear. We shouldn't rest our hopes on the promise of an afterlife, but instead do our best to make the most of the time given to us here. In other words, strive, achieve, overcome.
    +1, mali lang kasi ng iba na sinisisi sa diyos kahirapan or kamalasan. Hindi muna tinitignan and ginwa sa buhay. As DFs' sig would say "if you are born poor, it's not your mistake, if you die poor, that's your mistake!"
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; May 19th, 2011 at 04:04 PM.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ LOL. It's desert_fox's sig. :hysterical:

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Satanismo diba religion din yan?
    religion of demons!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^ LOL. It's desert_fox's sig. :hysterical:
    hehe, ayun pala, thanks sa correction. inayos ko na bossing

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    A professor of mine once said: "it's better to live your life thinking there is a God, then in the end finding out there is none; than living your life thinking there is no God, and finding out in the end there is."

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by teiyaki boy View Post
    A professor of mine once said: "it's better to live your life thinking there is a God, then in the end finding out there is none; than living your life thinking there is no God, and finding out in the end there is."
    sig worthy !

from now on that will be my sig. of course, quoted from you.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    Hi Niky,

Hawking's scientific method requires empirical evidence to prove his theory. He does not have that. Yet he still forms a conclusion, rather he jumps to a conclusion on the basis of so-called insurmountable circumstantial evidence. If such act were committed by a less renowned scientist, we would call it a leap of faith. But Hawking being who he is, tries to get away with it. But the fact remains the same - he has not been able to prove his thesis.

Personally, I am inclined to think there is something beyond life as we know it. After all, when we consider the perfect ratio of the nautilus, or the very complexity of our human bodies, we inevitably and undeniably come to the conclusion these are most likely not random acts of physics. I can list a hundred other trivial observations which will reinforce the concept of a supreme creator yet none of which will provide definitive evidence such entity exists. So, despite the abundance of "circumstantial evidence" pointing to the existence of a Supreme Being, it is still considered a matter to faith to believe so.

Thus, whether you believe in an afterlife or not, I guess, is a matter of faith. But I totally agree with you re Hawking's message, whether intentional or not. We all have to just try to live to the fullest possible.
    I think the point was that there is no proof for "God the Alpha"... in other words, the personal, humanistic God who intervenes for "good" people. But yes, I agree that there is no empirical evidence either pro or con for the afterlife. The absence of proof doesn't mean that it's not there. Just that if it's there, we cannot perceive it or reach those who have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by teiyaki boy View Post
    It's better to live your life doing good for good's sake.

"How you treat the least of these, is how you treat me..." - Jesus Christ. In other words, if you live your life for your fellow men, you honor God. Overt shows of piety and prayer mean nothing compared to how we treat our fellow men. ;)

Or, as Robert Heinlem would put it: "Thou art God" (meaning God is in everyone and everything)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Diba yung sinasabi nilang bilib sa sarili o sa sariling kakayahan faith din yan?

Wala kang kahawak hawak parang impossible pero dahil sa bilib mo sa sarili mo o sa mindset mo, yung impossible nagiging possible?

Maraming ganyan kwento diba, wat if ang isang tao positive ang mindset at faith sarili e nagawang maging successful sa buhay niya at in attribute niya yun sa faith sa kanyang diyos, masama ba yun?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    There's a bit of faith in every one of us. And this particular faith isn't only about or depend on God. Believing is also faith.

; Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.

; Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
    [SIZE=1]source[/SIZE]

There's nothing wrong in believing unless these beliefs contradicts with what is right & what is the truth/reality.

Hawking's point isn't all about the absence of afterlife, his point was to live every single second as it was your last. Never depend on religion only while you're doing nothing but flatten out your butt by just sitting & saying AMEN. AMEN & AMEN. Stand up & do SOMETHING coz by praying only & doing nothing won't lead you to anything. You're just killing the time that what's left in you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Stephen Hawking says afterlife is a fairy story