New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

keep acquiring assets that generate income

the goal is your assets will generate enough income to support the lifestyle you want

then you don't have to work anymore
    ^this

I keep telling my friend this. She doesn't get it. I've run out of ways to explain. I've exhausted all analogies so far. Kinda tiring to have to keep explaining the same point over and over.

------------------------------------------
    Stay hungry. Stay humble.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I remember posting something similar a few years back:

Indeed, it's good to keep on coming back to this story every now and then to get grounded. Socioeconomic Classifications According to NEDA

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Yes it was you then . I knew i read it in these forums. Lesson has stayed with me since.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by EQAddict; February 24th, 2018 at 07:37 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Again, the numbers don't lie. After all is said and done, the numbers fall that way - only 1% of Filipino households (about 200,000 families) earn over 150k a month. Are you saying the numbers are wrong because mas marami pang naka-PPV at pickup?

Dami kong kilalang naka-PPV pero maliit lang sweldo. Hindi lahat sila may maid or may magandang bahay. For some of them, the car loans already eats up a big majority of their income.

May isa akong bisor, nakatira sa maliit na bahay sa Ilocos (yung semento lang, walang pintura). Sweldo niya nasa mga 25-30k lang, plus his brother na OFW. Mga anak niya nasa public school lang. Pero naka-Montero siya.

ah

Anyways total remittance by 2.2M OFWs several years ago was 24B USD in 2015?

so which class is this 50k/month na tax free ofw families?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    May isa akong bisor, nakatira sa maliit na bahay sa Ilocos (yung semento lang, walang pintura). Sweldo niya nasa mga 25-30k lang, plus his brother na OFW. Mga anak niya nasa public school lang. Pero naka-Montero siya.

Wow How could he pay amortization with that salary?

There's this village in Pasig where all the houses look similar - small and cute, the roads are narrow and just enough for 2 cars. My estimate, average 100 sq m cuts (no more than 150 sq m). Nagugulat ako sa mga kotse e. One car garage but everyone has at least 2 cars. And the cars are huge SUVs. I had to reverse my way out of the street because there is no way to manoeuvre (too narrow and cars parked on the road)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by stayhungry View Post
    ^this

I keep telling my friend this. She doesn't get it. I've run out of ways to explain. I've exhausted all analogies so far. Kinda tiring to have to keep explaining the same point over and over.

mahirap mag analogy. here's a real-world example. we have several rental properties. we rent them out w/ 10-year contracts. rentals come in every month and i just check their payments online. passive income. this allows me to leave the country for up to 2 months at a time coz my other businesses are flexible enough that i could put them on hold for 1 or 2 months

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Wow How could he pay amortization with that salary?

There's this village in Pasig where all the houses look similar - small and cute, the roads are narrow and just enough for 2 cars. My estimate, average 100 sq m cuts (no more than 150 sq m). Nagugulat ako sa mga kotse e. One car garage but everyone has at least 2 cars. And the cars are huge SUVs. I had to reverse my way out of the street because there is no way to manoeuvre (too narrow and cars parked on the road)
    Joint income nila ng OFW brother niya. Plus they rent out the Montero every now and then. 2.5k/day ata singil niya so if they rent it out often, bawi na amortization. Socioeconomic Classifications According to NEDA

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Joint income nila ng OFW brother niya. Plus they rent out the Montero every now and then. 2.5k/day ata singil niya so if they rent it out often, bawi na amortization. Socioeconomic Classifications According to NEDA

Madiskarte naman pala

8. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    mahirap mag analogy. here's a real-world example. we have several rental properties. we rent them out w/ 10-year contracts. rentals come in every month and i just check their payments online. passive income. this allows me to leave the country for up to 2 months at a time coz my other businesses are flexible enough that i could put them on hold for 1 or 2 months
    Sigh. Yup. I've given her different variations of that. In the end I'm always give a version of "paano naman passion ko???" With matching sad face

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by stayhungry View Post
    Sigh. Yup. I've given her different variations of that. In the end I'm always give a version of "paano naman passion ko???" With matching sad face

What's the context? How come ayaw niya ng passive income?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    How do you get the capital for in order to earn rental passive income?

I'm sure for most people, if given the choice between passive and active income, they would pick the former. But passive income is always making money work for you. But what if yoh dont have the money to begin with?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Socioeconomic Classifications According to NEDA