Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    never ko naging basehan ang sasakyan kung mayaman ang isang tao o hinde

it just separates you from the commuting public but that's it

ang basehan ko is freedom

wealth buys freedom

yung hindi ka nakatali sa trabaho o business

a manager with a big salary doesn't have the freedom to fly out of the country anytime he gets bored

it's the guy who employs the manager who has that kind of freedom

ordinary folks have to wait for long weekends or public holidays to go on holiday

rich people don't have that constraint

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    owner jeep?

I still can't believe how many are considered AB My friends and family complain all the time about not having enough.
    Magkaiba kasi contentment sa wealth. Many people have increasing costs of living as their income goes up.

Ilan lang ba dapat ang considered AB? Maliit naman ang 1% ah.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    30k/month lang naman hulog sa PPV. Many people are neck-deep in their car loan payments, hindi naman lahat mayaman. And even if we indulge that hypothesis - looking at the 2017 numbers and the average of 20-30% car sales growth, it's safe to assume around 500,000 PPVs/pickups were sold in the past 5 years. So following your assumptions, that's just 0.5% of the total Filipino population.

Nandiyan na yung data bro. Both private and government institutions spend millions of pesos on market research to get their numbers right.

bro the payment of 30k monthly for a vehicle is just part of their "capacity". they still have money to pay for property and other expenses like yaya, electric bill water bill.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

wealth buys freedom

a manager with a big salary doesn't have the freedom to fly out of the country anytime he gets bored

ordinary folks have to wait for long weekends or public holidays to go on holiday

Amen bro. I need freedom hahaha. Which kinda reminds me what the pursuit is all about?

Someone posted this before. But let me post it again:

“Everyone chases after happiness, not noticing that happiness is right at their heels.” –Bertolt Brecht

One day a fisherman was lying on a beautiful beach, with his fishing pole propped up in the sand and his solitary line cast out into the sparkling blue surf. He was enjoying the warmth of the afternoon sun and the prospect of catching a fish.

About that time, a businessman came walking down the beach trying to relieve some of the stress of his workday. He noticed the fisherman sitting on the beach and decided to find out why this fisherman was fishing instead of working harder to make a living for himself and his family. “You aren’t going to catch many fish that way,” said the businessman. “You should be working rather than lying on the beach!”

The fisherman looked up at the businessman, smiled and replied, “And what will my reward be?”

“Well, you can get bigger nets and catch more fish!” was the businessman’s answer.

“And then what will my reward be?” asked the fisherman, still smiling.

The businessman replied, “You will make money and you’ll be able to buy a boat, which will then result in larger catches of fish!”

“And then what will my reward be?” asked the fisherman again.

The businessman was beginning to get a little irritated with the fisherman’s questions. “You can buy a bigger boat, and hire some people to work for you!” he said.

“And then what will my reward be?” repeated the fisherman.

The businessman was getting angry. “Don’t you understand? You can build up a fleet of fishing boats, sail all over the world, and let all your employees catch fish for you!”

Once again the fisherman asked, “And then what will my reward be?”

The businessman was red with rage and shouted at the fisherman, “Don’t you understand that you can become so rich that you will never have to work for your living again! You can spend all the rest of your days sitting on this beach, looking at the sunset. You won’t have a care in the world!”

The fisherman, still smiling, looked up and said, “And what do you think I’m doing right now?”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by EQAddict; February 24th, 2018 at 05:39 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Amen bro. I need freedom hahaha. Which kinda reminds me what the pursuit is all about?

“Everyone chases after happiness, not noticing that happiness is right at their heels.” –Bertolt Brecht

One day a fisherman was lying on a beautiful beach, with his fishing pole propped up in the sand and his solitary line cast out into the sparkling blue surf. He was enjoying the warmth of the afternoon sun and the prospect of catching a fish.

About that time, a businessman came walking down the beach trying to relieve some of the stress of his workday. He noticed the fisherman sitting on the beach and decided to find out why this fisherman was fishing instead of working harder to make a living for himself and his family. “You aren’t going to catch many fish that way,” said the businessman. “You should be working rather than lying on the beach!”

The fisherman looked up at the businessman, smiled and replied, “And what will my reward be?”

“Well, you can get bigger nets and catch more fish!” was the businessman’s answer.

The businessman replied, “You will make money and you’ll be able to buy a boat, which will then result in larger catches of fish!”

The businessman was beginning to get a little irritated with the fisherman’s questions. “You can buy a bigger boat, and hire some people to work for you!” he said.

The businessman was getting angry. “Don’t you understand? You can build up a fleet of fishing boats, sail all over the world, and let all your employees catch fish for you!”

The businessman was red with rage and shouted at the fisherman, “Don’t you understand that you can become so rich that you will never have to work for your living again! You can spend all the rest of your days sitting on this beach, looking at the sunset. You won’t have a care in the world!”

The fisherman, still smiling, looked up and said, “And what do you think I’m doing right now?”

haha yeah exactly Sir

--

keep acquiring assets that generate income

the goal is your assets will generate enough income to support the lifestyle you want

then you don't have to work anymore
    Last edited by uls; February 24th, 2018 at 05:53 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    bro the payment of 30k monthly for a vehicle is just part of their "capacity". they still have money to pay for property and other expenses like yaya, electric bill water bill.

also majority of ppv buyers arent first time vehicle buyers.

there are a few that are though.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

wealth buys freedom

I read before, you are rich if you can sustain your present lifestyle even without having a job.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

I remember posting something similar a few years back:

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    A little story about a Mexican fisherman illustrates success in a simple life well lived.

The businessman was at the pier of a small coastal Mexican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The businessman complimented the Mexican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them. The Mexican replied only a little while.

The businessman then asked why he didn't stay out longer and catch more fish? The Mexican said he had enough to support his family's immediate needs. The businessman then asked, but what do you do with the rest of your time? The Mexican fisherman said, "I sleep late, fish a little, play with my children, take a siesta with my wife, Maria, stroll into the village each evening where I sip wine and play guitar with my amigos; I have a full and busy life, señor."

The businessman scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and I could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds buy a bigger boat. With the proceeds from the bigger boat you could buy several boats; eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats. Instead of selling your catch to a middleman, you would sell directly to the processor and eventually open your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Mexico City, then LA and eventually New York City where you would run your expanding enterprise."

The Mexican fisherman asked, "But señor, how long will this all take?" To which the businessman replied, "15-20 years." "But what then, señor?" The businessman laughed and said, "That's the best part! When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich. You would make millions." "Millions, señor? Then what?" The businessman said, "Then you would retire. Move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, take a siesta with your wife, stroll to the village in the evenings where you could sip wine and play your guitar with your amigos."

The fisherman, still smiling, looked up and said, "Isn't that what I'm doing right now?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indeed, it's good to keep on coming back to this story every now and then to get grounded. Socioeconomic Classifications According to NEDA

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006

also majority of ppv buyers arent first time vehicle buyers.

there are a few that are though.

Again, the numbers don't lie. After all is said and done, the numbers fall that way - only 1% of Filipino households (about 200,000 families) earn over 150k a month. Are you saying the numbers are wrong because mas marami pang naka-PPV at pickup?

Dami kong kilalang naka-PPV pero maliit lang sweldo. Hindi lahat sila may maid or may magandang bahay. For some of them, the car loans already eats up a big majority of their income.

May isa akong bisor, nakatira sa maliit na bahay sa Ilocos (yung semento lang, walang pintura). Sweldo niya nasa mga 25-30k lang, plus his brother na OFW. Mga anak niya nasa public school lang. Pero naka-Montero siya.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006

wealth buys freedom

Iyan ang masarap. Kaya lamang talaga mga negosyante vs empleyado. Plus the fact that the successful businessmen (those that survive off their passive income) were able to beat the odds and make it big despite the very high mortality rate of businesses, kaya nakakabilib talaga. ☺

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Socioeconomic Classifications According to NEDA