New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    disqualified nako sa "A". i gave away my nintendo (family computer), VCD player, and stereo CD wala din ako floor polisher

2. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Natawa ako sa "he may be a provincial town official" for upper C

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

------------------------------------------
    Stay hungry. Stay humble.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Maraming generalizations and mukhang antiquated na (100k income? VCD player?) yung table, but from what I understand, these aren't hard and fast rules but merely guidelines. Yung interviewer/surveyor pa rin yung may final assessment of one's socioeconomic status.

Particularly tricky yung mga low-key na simpleng bahay lang and lumang kotse but yung cash sa banko kayang bumili ng bahay sa Corinthians, or yung nakalatest gadgets and kotse pero nakatira sa eskinita and walang ipon.

Although if you think about it, kaya siya socio-economic and not just economic status - it factors in other aspects like your lifestyle and education. Prime example, 2 people earning say 500k a month. Yung isa, middle manager sa isang multinational, nagaaral mga anak sa exclusive schools, nakatira sa medyo high end village, may mga current gen SUV.

The other guy, though has the same income, either OFW or mayari ng maliit na hardware, nakatira sa downtown lang, yung mga anak nakatira lang sa malapit, pero naka-SUV din naman.

Same economic standing more or less, but lifestyle is very different. The socioeconomic factors matter in this case because you can't assume that the first guy will have the same preferences (political, cultural, fashion, etc) as the second just because they make the same amount of money.

The whole concept of socioeconomic classification is taken with the context of market surveys, so the stratifications are there to correlate the results of the survey with different socioeconomic strata.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sans floor polisher and landline that table classifies.me as AB. and i disagree. income is too low. pag A dapat minimum 5M monthly and B minimum 2M monthly. rich must be, uhm, rich. period. 100k monthly income pwede pa 10 years ago siguro pero 2018 definitely hindi na. pagpasweldo mo ng maid at bayad ng bills lagas na kalahati nyang 100k.
    Last edited by yebo; February 24th, 2018 at 03:45 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    sans floor polisher and landline that table classifies.me as AB. and i disagree. income is too low. pag A dapat minimum 5M monthly and B minimum 2M monthly. rich must be, uhm, rich. period. 100k monthly income pwede pa 10 ears ago siguro pero 2018 definitely hindi na. pagpasweldo mo ng maid at bayad ng bills lagas na kalahati nyang 100k.
    Yung income mo naman (pinost mo na before dito so medyo public domain na), talagang pang AB na. Maliit and outdated yung 100k/individual but hindi naman 2M/month.

1% is still 1 million people and hindi naman aabot sa 1M na pilipino ang kumikita ng 2M monthly. Kahit nga sa US malaki pa rin ang $40k/monthly. If you earn more than $33k/month, top 1% ka na sa US.

Which Income Class Are You?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    A quick search shows that presently, the NSCB classifies households who earn more than 200k/month as already part of the rich. Suprisingly, only 0.1% of Filipino families fall into this bracket.

SWS on the other hand classifies households in class AB as having 1.8M/yr or 150k/month, and only 1% of Filipino families, or again about 1M individuals, are part of this bracket.

https://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/sec-a...ge-population/

The reason I think why many people from the AB segment think that they're not rich enough to be AB is because they're surrounded by people who are as rich or richer than them so they tend to feel "average". But think about it, there are 100M Filipinos and if you combine everyone living in AAV, LGV, Dasma, Forbes, etc - that's just a few thousand people. The top 0.1% still refers to 100,000 individuals or about 25,000 households.

But if you look outside your social circle, there are millions of families with lower incomes and poorer living conditions. Urban slums like Tondo and Bagong Silangan house millions of poor Filipinos. Many rural towns in the provinces have high concentrations of low-income families. We don't interact with these people often - but the reality is that they comprise the majority of the 100M Filipinos today.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    A quick search shows that presently, the NSCB classifies households who earn more than 200k/month as already part of the rich. Suprisingly, only 0.1% of Filipino families fall into this bracket.

SWS on the other hand classifies households in class AB as having 1.8M/yr or 150k/month, and only 1% of Filipino families, or again about 1M individuals, are part of this bracket.

https://www.pinoymoneytalk.com/sec-a...ge-population/

The reason I think why many people from the AB segment think that they're not rich enough to be AB is because they're surrounded by people who are as rich or richer than them so they tend to feel "average". But think about it, there are 100M Filipinos and if you combine everyone living in AAV, LGV, Dasma, Forbes, etc - that's just a few thousand people. The top 0.1% still refers to 100,000 individuals or about 25,000 households.

But if you look outside your social circle, there are millions of families with lower incomes and poorer living conditions. Urban slums like Tondo and Bagong Silangan house millions of poor Filipinos. Many rural towns in the provinces have high concentrations of low-income families. We don't interact with these people often - but the reality is that they comprise the majority of the 100M Filipinos today.

I think ppv/pickup owners easily do 2M a year. If counting ppv sales the past 5 years and multiply that by a factor of 5 (ownership length), thats how many this class is. and its the fastest growing class. which class do they fall in? i dont know.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I think ppv/pickup owners easily do 2M a year. If counting ppv sales the past 5 years and multiply that by a factor of 5 (ownership length), thats how many this class is. and its the fastest growing class. which class do they fall in? i dont know.

30k/month lang naman hulog sa PPV. Many people are neck-deep in their car loan payments, hindi naman lahat mayaman. And even if we indulge that hypothesis - looking at the 2017 numbers and the average of 20-30% car sales growth, it's safe to assume around 500,000 PPVs/pickups were sold in the past 5 years. So following your assumptions, that's just 0.5% of the total Filipino population.

Nandiyan na yung data bro. Both private and government institutions spend millions of pesos on market research to get their numbers right.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i think what separates the really rich from everyone else isn't just income

it's access

the really rich have advisors who guide them thru complex laws and exemptions from laws and taxes

their advisors also help hide wealth

for example using shell companies to hide assets

for me that's the 0.1% of the world

that kind of access isn't available to the 99.9%

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    c d e

baket meron jeep clause

owner jeep?

I still can't believe how many are considered AB My friends and family complain all the time about not having enough.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; February 24th, 2018 at 05:04 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Socioeconomic Classifications According to NEDA