New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmd3_787 View Post
    Wala naman talaga tayong magagawa e. Bulag talaga ang gov't sa mga Oil Companies na yan kasi napakalaking revenue sa taxes ng mga ito ang nakukuha nila. Anyway, kaya ganyan magtaas ng prices ang mga lintek na yan ay dahil sumusikat na ang mga hybrid cars. Although they have been around for many years, it's only recently that they are getting their share of the spotlight. Sa madaling sabi, malapit ng matapos ang maliligayang araw ng mga Oil Companies na yan.

BTW, Toyota already unveiled Prius here. And it costs Php2,200!!! In Japan, it costs $20,500. Why? Kasi half nung 2.2M ay gov't taxes. These sharks are imposing big taxes on it because they want to discourage people from switching to hybrids. Ganyan din ang ginagawa ng US gov't, mataas ang taxes nila sa hybrids kaya sila ang pinakamalakas na consumer ng langis. Again, why? Kasi nga malaki ang kita nila sa oil taxes!

Tumataas tuloy ang hgh blood ko at nanginginig ang nerbyos system ko.
    Where do you get your information? The hybrids cost more in the Philippines because of taxes imposed on all imported vehicles by the govt. As far as taxes being higher on hybrids in the US you better get you facts straight. The IRS gives tax credits to owners of hybrid vehicles. If it cost more in the US than the same model hybrid in Japan it's because of shipping and taxes on imported vehicles. As far as the US being the largest consumer of oil, did you even consider that the US is the largest market for cars in the world? There are more cars in the US than any country in the world and maybe that has something to do with it's large oil consumption. In addition to that the US is one of the largest producers and exporters of food in the world. How do you think those farms are run without the use of oil to operate the equipment. Before blaming the US for using so much oil know that a lot of that oil is used so that the US can produce and export food such as corn, soy, wheat, and rice among other things that the rest of the world eats. There is a bigger picture to the use of oil in the US and cars are just one aspect of that use.

Hybrids are not the be all and end all for more efficient cars. Most of the hybrids will require new batteries in 8-10 years and that is an expensive replacement. Even if they sold the Prius cheaper in the Philippines how many of the owners could afford the replacement batteries? If they can't afford them what do you think will happen to the used cars without the batteries?
    How will the owners be disposing of these toxic batteries? There are trade offs when you buy a hybrid car that most people do not consider.

As some have already said the gas prices are related to a bigger picture that not just happens in the Philippines. Where I live now the gas prices have already gone up .70 cents per gallon or .18 per liter which is Php8.68 just in the past 4 weeks and we don't get advance notice like in the Philippines.

Here's is the IRS website for you to see that there are tax credits for hybrid vehicles.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/...157632,00.html
    Last edited by redorange; June 23rd, 2009 at 12:03 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    hindi ba unfair yun?? binili mo nang mura tapos i a adjust mo na agad ang prices to reflect the current prices?? dapat ubusin mo muna yung nabili mo nang mura.. bago mo i adjust.. hindi naman yata dahilan yung wala ka nang pambili nung mga susunod na inventory kasi mataas na yung presyo.. tapos pag bumaba naman.. hindi mo naman agad mababaan kasi ang dahilan naman eh mataas mo nabili..
    Please read my entire post. Pagbumaba ang market price, I'll have to adjust my selling price accordingly, which is kelangan ko rin babaan, or else my customers will buy from my competitor na maaaring nakabili na ng new stocks with lower cost. And I'll be stuck with my inventory and ipit ang capital ko. If tumaas ang cost, need ko rin itaas ang selling price, partly to recoup my losses when I sold my stocks at a loss and to give me additional capital to buy the higher price stocks.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    There's actually one easy way to save a lot of money and take away revenue from the evil oil companies and government at the same time. I hate saying it because it's so trite already:

Consume less.

We don't even need any fancy hybrids or magic fuelsaving gadgets to do it now. We can cut off their evil profiteering by 10-20% simply by doing the following:

-Maintain your cars properly.
    -Learn economical driving habits.
    -Carpool or take public transport if possible.
    -Etc.

You know the drill. It's all so trite and cliched that I'm sure you can add a dozen more entries to the list.

Thing is, between all those cars at the mall parking lots with worn tire edges (under inflated), jeepney drivers holding their vehicles up hills using the clutch, anxious drivers in traffic trying to get into every gap in order to gain ten meters and save two seconds, we don't appear to mind, anyways.

Take my cousin, who was sitting in our driveway idling in their Innova, A/C on, for 20 minutes waiting for his sister. I asked him if we could come into the house and have a snack for a while instead of sitting in the car wasting fuel. His reply? Ako naman magbabayad ng gas nito ah.

The truth is, most of us here aren't actually that bothered to learn and practice any of these (free) tips which we actually all know about. Instead of taking a little more effort to save, we, dare I say it, easily pay 10-20% more para lang sa convenience at porma. Talk is cheap, libre lang naman magreklamo. It's ironic that we're always looking for flashy and extraordinary ways to get around and complain about costs while at the same time giving the "system" more opportunity to "oppress" and "take advantage" us.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; June 23rd, 2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Grammatical correction

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ Ganyan naman mga tao, pagnahihirapan na, just find somebody to blame.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i think we cant live w/o the automobile, thats why we have to pay the price, be it high or low.

lets say iam an owner of a small station beside one of the big 3's. and i can still make around 3 pesos per liter even if my price is 50 centavos cheaper than my neighbor. people would still load up on my station bec. mura pa rin sakin.......pero di nila alam na smuggled pala yung benta ko...kaya di nila alam na tumitiba ako. and besides why would i bring the price down further and make my competitors suspiciuos.

i belive there is a collusion between big and small players....who smuggles more makes more profits. maybe ang motto nila is "walang garapalan na baksak presyo ha"

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    *boybi madali sana kung ganyan ang nangyayari...ang problema kase dito sa big 3 nagkukutsabahan sila...maski nabili nila ng mababa ibebenta padin ng mahal ang RASON? kase lugi pa sila...common kung lugi sila then out of business na dapat sila..

di natin pwede i hambing ang mga sari sari store prices sa gas prices kase the fact is me usap usapan yan sila kung kelan ibababa at itatataas ang presyo,..

diko lang ma alala yung batas na ipinasa na walang magagawa ang gobyerno sa mga pricing ng big 3...sorry di pa ako ganun katanda para maalala yun

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^deregulation law

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Another 'the oil companies are evil' thread? :lol:

Good thing my car is now averaging 11km/li.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    Another 'the oil companies are evil' thread? :lol:

Good thing my car is now averaging 11km/li.
    Maybe we should make a "What can I do more productive so I can pay for it" thread

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Maybe we should make a "What can I do more productive so I can pay for it" thread
    1. Spend less time on the forums.

Sinasabi ko na nga ba e (Big 3 Oil Companies)