New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Should the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant be powered up?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, power it up

16 80.00%
  • No, keep it turned off

4 20.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i don't know what condition that nuclear plant is in but i bet it's in bad shape.
    (mothballed for years, left to deteriorate)

So it would take years and millions of dollars to get it up to operational condition.

Don't know if the govt has the budget for it...

And the environmentalists will be opposing it...

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    When it comes to alternative power I'm always optimistic, so yeah, why not.

Safety issues? Hhmm, let's try placing Bayani Fernando at the helm.

Pink Power anyone?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i would agree to it. nuclear is a source of "alternative" power.
    just have it fixed. it can't be opened in its current state.
    and embed the "safety first" mindset to its operators. di pwedeng careless careless dyan.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hell no! no offense but some Pinoys have this 'devil may care' attitude.

yan ang nakakatakot...this is nuclear we're talking about. I dont want a Chernobyl type of incident to happen here.

also, how can we secure a facility like this from terrorists when in fact we could not even properly secure our prisons.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    with internation fuel prices going double by 2010, nuclear energy might be an option for the country. besides, never heard of a nuclear fallout within this era with advancing reactor coolants eg. liquified sodium ion. even remote towns in alaska has its own nuclear reactor. japan will have its own micro reactors on every block. though the public image on nuclear power is still negative, the current developments have increased safety exponentially.
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    As long as the structural is safe for safety reason why not. It may cost million's of dollar to fire up and operate but govt. could save more in the long run compare those gas or diesel powered plant.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yes. Mas safe na technology ngayon sa mga nuclear power plants. Hirap kasi sa ibang tao pag sinabimo nuclear ay bomba na kagad nasa isip.

Good for enviroment nadin kasi walang air pollution and with the current prices of crude oil going up... going nuclear is logical.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Seems to be a risky proposition. We will be better be off with a new Nuclear Power Plant.

I guess power plants have a lifecycle of only 50 yrs.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    if it is safe (structural/operational) then go ahead.

oh by the way, make sure that who ever the president/govt official who will give the go signal will sign with his blood that if something catastropic will happen to the nuclear reactor, he will be liable, preferably, hanged, drawn and quartered...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Should we consider powering up the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant?