New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    eto na......

Zubiri to give up Senate seat -- source | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features

Zubiri to give up Senate seat -- source

MANILA, Philippines (UPDATE) - Senator Juan Miguel Zubiri is expected to announce his resignation from the Senate on Wednesday after new witnesses to fraud in the 2007 elections cast doubt on his mandate.

A source close to Zubiri told ABS-CBN News the senator will make his announcement in a speech at the Senate this afternoon.

Zubiri will supposedly resign to spare the institution from further controversies brought about by allegations of fraud.

His lawyer, George Garcia, did not answer queries on the matter. He only said the speech will revolve around “Zubiri’s gratitude for the people who helped him.”

His family and close friends will also attend this afternoon’s session.

Lawyer Aquilino 'Koko' Pimentel III filed an election protest after Zubiri snatched the 12th and last senatorial post in 2007.

Pimentel's protest is still pending before the Senate Electoral Tribunal.

New witnesses, including suspended Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) Governor Zaldy Ampatuan and former Maguindanao election supervisor Lintang Bedol, recently came out saying they were instructed by Malacañang to pad votes for Zubiri in 2007.

Ampatuan, an accused in the Maguindanao massacre case, also revealed he was ordered to cut the votes for opposition bets Panfilo Lacson, Noynoy Aquino, and Alan Peter Cayetano

Zubiri, who ran under the administration ticket, won the post by a slim margin of around 21,000 votes over Pimentel, who ran under the opposition. – with a report from Ruby Tayag, dzMM

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    really? meron pala ganyan sa Pinas?
    bata pa e. pwede naman makabawi uli.:D
    mahirap kung cling sya baka mawalan na sya pag-asa in the future.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    ano update?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Zubiri resigns amid poll fraud scandal | Inquirer News

MANILA, Philippines—Senator Juan Miguel Zubiri announced his resignation from his post on Wednesday, saying he and his family were deeply hurt by fraud allegation and trial by publicity being waged by his rival, lawyer Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III, who lost against him for the 12th slot in the 2007 senatorial elections.

“Without admitting any fault and with my vehement denial of the alleged electoral fraud hurled against me, I am submitting my resignation as a duly elected Senator of the Republic of the Philippines in the election for which I am falsely accused without mercy and compassion,” Zubiri said in a privilege speech.

“I am resigning, not because I am exhausted from the demands of my calling as a legislator. Hindi po ako napagod sa paglilingkod sa inyo [I never got tired of being of service to you],” he said.

“I am resigning, not because I wish to evade the decision of the Senate Electoral Tribunal. Handa ko pong tanggapin ang anumang hatol mula sa nasabing hukuman [I am ready to accept any verdict from the said tribubal].”

“Rather, I am resigning because of these unfounded accusations against me and these issues has systematically divided our nation and has casted doubts in our electoral system which has affected not only myself, this Institution but the public as well,” the senator added.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ano na update?

totoo kaya yun rumors na bakla daw yan? lols!

his wife is a congresswoman, right?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Zubiri : I am resigning, not because I wish to evade the decision of the senate electoral tribunal.

Hmmmm. :um:

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Tinawagan na kasi sya ni pandak na gumawa ng isyu para mabaling atensyon ng tao sa helicopter. payback time na

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lancy09 View Post
    Tinawagan na kasi sya ni pandak na gumawa ng isyu para mabaling atensyon ng tao sa helicopter. payback time na
    possible nga ito. para ma-divert yung attention ng mga tao.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    well

mas masahol pa sa iba na nakaupo.. harapan na ang ebidensya, ayaw pa rin umalis sa pagkakaupo

at least sa kanya nag resign sya para masabing may dangal sya

10. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Bakit ngayon lang?! tsk

Sama na niya revelation para matuluyan na yung punggok!
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
"Senator" Miguel Zubiri to resign this afternoon?