New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm not sure why Manny Villar is so hated. Just exactly what has he done to make him so hated. Is he a bad guy or is it just the good old crab at work?

Reading references about him online tells me one thing and looking here tells me another. To me, one or the other is full of BS.

If someone would kindly provide a sh*t-list of what MV has done wrong so I can understand.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    during a speech in one of the entrepeneur forum one of the guest is then cong. manny villar...he talks about his background which was very inspiring but na turn off ako whan he said about his ambition...like...why put a word cong. instead mr. before your name...why not senator or president?...walang masama mangarap pero you are talking politics mr. villar and we are talking how to make a business. Next was during the boiling of point of edsa 2...cong. villar talked to a rally in bacolod city thousand listened..ang sinabi ang mga plano Nya ano ginawa from planning stage..to prayer..to banging of the gavel....kulang na lang ako ang hero. At one point during Q and A time a professor from la salle told villar...Mr. Cong. we knew you did something good for the country why don't we just attack malacanang and get erap out....you came here just to tell us what you did?...What is the Plan!......tahimik ang loko.

Well villar is a billionaire but he will not be a good president....ask the people from las pinas.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    during a speech in one of the entrepeneur forum one of the guest is then cong. manny villar...he talks about his background which was very inspiring but na turn off ako whan he said about his ambition...like...why put a word cong. instead mr. before your name...why not senator or president?...walang masama mangarap pero you are talking politics mr. villar and we are talking how to make a business. Next was during the boiling of point of edsa 2...cong. villar talked to a rally in bacolod city thousand listened..ang sinabi ang mga plano Nya ano ginawa from planning stage..to prayer..to banging of the gavel....kulang na lang ako ang hero. At one point during Q and A time a professor from la salle told villar...Mr. Cong. we knew you did something good for the country why don't we just attack malacanang and get erap out....you came here just to tell us what you did?...What is the Plan!......tahimik ang loko.

Well villar is a billionaire but he will not be a good president....ask the people from las pinas.
    He He. I was expecting something like he's under suspicion of skimming public funds, racketeering, taking payoffs, having 3 mistresses, or something like that. If he chose to use the title congressman because he is one.......? Well, he was already one, right? As a public figure, he's supposed to. It's the same here.

I don't know the circumstances about that rally. But...... Let me put myself in MV's place and there's this professor goading me to attack Malacanang Palace.

My reaction? I'd look around, then ask, "Attack Malacanang Palace with what? You have any tanks or weapon caches I don't know about? Did you bring an army with you?"

Some questions I have in turn.... Were there sizable breakaway military forces backing them up that could've made an attack on Malacanang possible? It's one thing if an attack is really possible and totally another if it's just a bunch of hotheads not thinking rationally. Did that La Salle professor join in an attack on Malacanang? Push comes to shove, they didn't need MV's blessings if they were serious about attacking. Was there an actual attack by them? Or was it all hot air which cooled off after a bit?

MV was right to keep quiet. There's not much else to do when he's surrounded by hotheads. I'm sure he didn't want a senseless bloodbath. He was probably thinking that La Salle professor was an idiot. I would too. "You want me to attack Malacanang? Give me some tanks and a division of troops".

Most politicians are showboaters. If those were the extent of his showboating then they're relatively tame. I've seen worse here.

I was going to ask next what people from Las Pinas think of Manny Villar. Never mind his personality. Is he a bad person or not? Does his accomplishments speak for themselves? Do they outweigh any faults he have or any mistakes he may have made?
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 15th, 2008 at 09:45 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jun, I forgot you're from Las pinas pala and quite close to the Aguilars?....hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jun, I forgot you're from Las pinas pala and was quite close to the Aguilars?....hehehe
    Last edited by shadow; June 16th, 2008 at 07:54 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    SIPAG ......sipag mag hanap ng mayaman na asawa.
    TIYAGA ....pag tiyagaan ang pangit mo na asawa dahil mayaman naman.

loko ka manny...dahil sa dalawang dumptruck naging bilyonaryo ka? anong karga ng truck mo ginto? dahil sa sobra mong ambisyon matatalo ka.
    any details???

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Jun, I forgot you're from Las pinas pala and quite close to the Aguilars?....hehehe
    If you mean like buddy-buddies? Nope. But now you have me reminiscing.....

I used to live within walking distance of the mayor's residence. But, that's about it. The only friends I had in those parts were a couple of Fil-Chinese guys and a Pinoy who looked more Middle Eastern than Pinoy. The rest of my friends were scattered either at the other end side of the subdivision by Vergon Village or at other subdivisions (Moonwalk Village, all the BF Homes, etc).

I didn't really know much about the Aguilars. As far as I knew, the mayor was a recluse right up to the day I left. He was so light-complexioned from living a sheltered life at first I thought he was a relative of Hans (ask CVT about Hans). While he stayed indoors most of the time, I was outdoors either cycling, swimming, or playing soccer and never saw too much of him. To be fair, he's much older. He was already married and running a business while I was carefree, jobless, and had no worries.

The mayor certainly has changed. He's a lot darker now. Looking at him, I'd guess he made his rounds of banquets and all-you-can-eat buffets. He He. Getting a little tubby, eh Mayor?

So, no. I didn't actually associate with the Aguilars beyond being a neighbor. I was too busy doing my own thing. I was surprised to find out he's the mayor of LPC. He didn't seem the type. But, oh well. I never was good at predicting politics.

I am close to LPC because I have great memories of life there. Back then, it was clean. It was orderly. It was safe. I’d hate to see crooks, leeches, and corruption ruin the place.

That's why I want to see the bad guys proven they're really bad guys and be exposed as bad guys. If it's just a personality thing, I don't really care so long as they have integrity and know the job they're supposed to be doing. If Nene's dirty and Manny Villar's a crook, then lay it all out for all to see. If they're breaking the rules, then break open the rule book and show what rules they're breaking. If they did in fact break the rules, I’d be the first to scream bloody murder.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 16th, 2008 at 07:00 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ang naririnig ko na masama about villar is that he's a land grabber. of course, as with any big fish, there's no concrete evidence to substantiate it. otherwise, he would have been in jail for the longest time. whatever.

what actually concerns me is the way he danced in his senatorial campaign commercial. now that's scary! hahahaha

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hm... Loren also has a TV ad. It's a pseudo-campaign ad disguised as a commercial for her public service organization. Nag-uunahan na sila...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    I'd agree it's a bit early to start campaigning for the 2010 elections.

But, you're implying he's crooked. If he's crooked and scum, then by all means expose him and his pork barrels. But, looking at his bio on the net, it seems like he was a savvy and hard-working businessman and was already quite rich before he got into politics.

Based on this bio, he looks legit unless all these is garbage:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Villar
    Well, Manny has very good media personnel. I dont really know what he's done good though. I do know that many people hate him because many of his land projects ended up squatting on their lands. My family for one, was a victim of this. Some farmers have gone to us because they lost portions of their land to his high end subdivisions. And he doesnt acknowlegde or pay anything No one can sue him as long as he is in government, that's a law. But I heard a lot of people want to sue him and are just waiting for him to lose. He's covered the media quite well that's why we dont hear so much negative news about him. That's how politics works...

It doesnt matter what you do, as long as mabango ka sa mga tao, OK yun. That's politics! Many politicians and their advertisements really made us think they were doing well, yet in the actual output, we dont see anything. Kung talagang magaling sila as what their commercials say, hindi maghihirap ang pilipinas as we are now! It all just a commercial, an entertainment source of fiction.
    Last edited by webmiester; July 8th, 2008 at 11:02 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sen. Manny Villar's TV ads