New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    United States unhappy over bid to end Manila security treaty

Washington is not pleased with a plan by some Philippine lawmakers to scrap a treaty that they believe gives undue protection to visiting US troops who break the law, a Philippine official has said.
    full story

Are you in favor?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    now is not the right time lang talaga, with the widening gap between the rich pinoys and the poor ones, we can turn into a beirut anytime ...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    scrap na yan, para naman makita natin na kaya ng Pinas tumayo mag-isa.

Sure, if VFA is scrapped, the US Military's logistics ops can be affected. But Phils lose more than what the US would. Kung gusto ng Pinas na ma-apektuhan ang logistics ops ng US Military, ask S. Korea, Japan, AUS, and the rest of the Western Pacific region to scrapped the VFA as well. Tapos, yayain nyo ng gera US para masaya. :hihihi: If not, wala ding epekto ang pag scrapped ng VFA sa Pinas.

Saka ano ba naman ang sama kung US has the custody while the case is in progress? Akala ba talaga ng Pinas hindi hahatulan ng parehas ang mga US Military? Juskudai, a couple of my friends has been to the brig for just an assault**. Na-late nga lang ako ng balik sa barko, napunta na ko ng Captain's Mast*. How much more kung rape.

*Nonjudicial punishment of US military personnel is authorized by Article 15 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

**Article 128 assault; assault consummated by a battery; assault with a dangerous weapon
    Last edited by Karding; January 27th, 2006 at 03:56 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    exactly, If Phil-US relations get burned or worsen, another super power will take her place. and we all know naman who's the super power in this region na. i dont think the mighty US will give us away just that easily to you know who.

not to sound like a conspiracy theorist or something , but we are very vulnerable right now. napakadali i-exploit ang taung-bayan to join an "idealistic" cause with a hidden agenda. spooks are everywhere.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Gustong i-scrap ng lawmakers ang VFA pero walang makitang suggestion nila to cover for the $300million that would be lost "excluding funds to build roads and schools in poor communities" if VFA is scrapped. Malapit na ba botohan sa Pinas? nagpapabanguhan na naman yata sa congress/senate.

I know madali magsalita dahil hindi ko kamag-anak yung alleged rape victim.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Look at this map, kaya kailangan din ng Pinas ang US is because Phils and its water is part of the so called Arc of Instability. Also, US needs the Phils to implement the new 10-30-30 strategy.

10 days to react to crisis
    30 days to swiftly defeat the enemy
    30 days to re-supply and do it again

kapag wala ang Pinas baka maging 10-30-45 na. Masakit sa ulo mag amend ng strategy... :evillaugh

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    1995 - US servicemen abduct, beat up, then raped a 12 yr old Okinawan girl.

1998 - US servicemen flying a jet in Italy flew too fast and too low, thus cutting the cables of a ski gondola and causing 20 people to fall to their death.

2005 - US servicemen allegedly raped a Filipina in Subic.

'Ala lang ... all these servicemen came from the US Marine Corps. Sila yata taga-"testing" ng mga VFA.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    It's funny; law here in the Phil is just a matter of convenience. If the media viewed it as disadvantageous, politician scrap it. Custody was made clear when the VFA was signed, why scrap it that easily.

I just can't help it but wonder why the media has been so one sided on this case. Na scrap na rin ba ang balanced journalism dito sa pilipinas?

Eto pang judge na humawak ng kaso. He knows about the rule on VFA custody, I mean what's the point in issuing a warrant of arrest?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    scrap na yan, para naman makita natin na kaya ng Pinas tumayo mag-isa.
    I have to agree (Hahaha).

Saka ano ba naman ang sama kung US has the custody while the case is in progress?
    It's a question of sovereignty. If a Filipino (or a Kenyan or Bolivian or Bangladeshi) were accused of raping an American girl in the US, would the US give up custody????? Pantay-pantay lang dapat ang LAHAT ng bansa, KAHIT SUPERPOWER ka pa. People should not be able to get away with things because of their citizenship.

Akala ba talaga ng Pinas hindi hahatulan ng parehas ang mga US Military?
    I think the answer to that question is obvious. And the right word is not "akala".
    Last edited by creepy; January 27th, 2006 at 12:28 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by creepy
    It's a question of sovereignty. If a Filipino (or a Kenyan or Bolivian or Bangladeshi) were accused of raping an American girl in the US, would the US give up custody????? Pantay-pantay lang dapat ang LAHAT ng bansa, KAHIT SUPERPOWER ka pa. People should not be able to get away with things because of their citizenship.
    Kapatid, may VFA ba sa US ang alleged Filipino rapist? Kung wala, eh di why give up the Filipino? Kung meron, eh di ibigay ang hilig ng Pinas. Depende din naman sa nilalaman ng VFA mismo.

Pantay pantay na papaano? Gaya ng sabi ni coder, hindi ba binasa ng mga politician sa pinas ang VFA??? It clearly states that US can demand custody while the case is in progress.

Pantay pantay, eh di basahin muna ang VFA bago pirmahan. Tapos ngayon tatawag ng FOUL ibang Pinoy dahil gusto ng US sila may custody sa mga USMC. Eh kung pinagisipan muna kse bago pinirmahan, eh di wala sanang nagrereklamo ng inequality.

Straight-Six, tama ka...kadalasan mga USMC ang sumisira sa pangalan ng US Military.
    Last edited by Karding; January 27th, 2006 at 03:09 PM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Scrap the VFA?