New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Well, at least it's over. No more crying over spilled milk. One less issue that causes so much division among Filipinos.
    It isn't over. It actually brings the issue more to the forefront of the public's eye, as opposed to pre-DU30, when everyone was practically ok with Macoy being refrigerated in his mausoleum up north.

Sent using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ true. This has re opened a veritable pandora's box for the president.

to be or not to be, that always confuses me!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Well, just to put things into perspective, both my parents were activists and were for a while, became political detainees during the mid-70's. I was maybe 3-4 years old then. I grew up hating the Marcoses.

But now, I really don't give a rat's ass where they put his body. However in this case, the SC has spoken so that's fine by me. They may have supported an unpopular decision, but If nobody believes in the justice system, then what's the point of having an SC in the first place?

Personally, I don't want to waste my energy and dwell too much on the past. Just get over it... You win some, you lose some.

Future nalang problemahin natin. To infinity and beyond!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by oj88; November 8th, 2016 at 10:57 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Future nalang problemahin natin. To infinity and beyond!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's the problem. This signifies a big win for historical revisionism. It's not farfetched to be worried that the atrocious Marcos era will be rewritten to portray a golden age instead.

In my generation, I already felt that our educational system was lacking in terms of highlighting the gravity of the Marcos regime in terms of its human rights violations, corruption, and negative effect on the economy. I can only imagine that the Marcos crimes will be further watered down when relayed to the kids of the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    That's the problem. This signifies a big win for historical revisionism. It's not farfetched to be worried that the atrocious Marcos era will be rewritten to portray a golden age instead.

In my generation, I already felt that our educational system was lacking in terms of highlighting the gravity of the Marcos regime in terms of its human rights violations, corruption, and negative effect on the economy. I can only imagine that the Marcos crimes will be further watered down when relayed to the kids of the future.

the marcoses already did just that. my nephew, one of those so called millenials, do not believe me one bit when i told him about martial law and the marcoses. in school their professors actually taught them of the "great works of the greatest president of the philippines". the marcoses must have spent a great deal of money putting sons and daughters of loyal minions in professorial positions in our universities to brainwash the generations born after 1986.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    the marcoses already did just that. my nephew, pne of those so called millenials, do not believe me one bit when i told him about martial law and the marcoses. in school their professors actually taightbthem of the "great works of the greatest president of the philippines". the marcoses must have spent abgreat deal of money putting sons and daughters of loyal minions in professorial positions in our universities to brainwash the generations born after 1986.
    Depende talaga sa school and prof. I was fortunate that my HS social science teacher was a Martial Law activist.

WATCH: Martial Law victim recalls act of kindness during detention

But this shouldn't be the case. It should be a vital part of all students' history lessons. Kaso paano pa mangyayari yun? If the government is willing to downplay the Marcos atrocities and grant him a hero's burial, what's to stop them from changing history for future generations? Yan ang dapat bantayan. Kaya hindi talaga 'to "past is past". Hay. [emoji35]

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, at least it's over. No more crying over spilled milk. One less issue that causes so much division among Filipinos.

It's not spilled milk people mourn over. It's blood.

It is not one less issue that causes division. It is an action that opens up wounds from the past.

Here we have a family and their cohorts pushing to revise history instead of to make amends. It's just wrong. Too bad those are the feelings you carry, but I guess that is the hard, painful lesson learned for those who feel otherwise.
    Last edited by vinj; November 9th, 2016 at 12:23 AM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Many years ago, we slept at the Libingan in one of our FTXs. I chose to sleep beside the grave of a Medal of Valor recipient, dreaming big dreams...

The Libingan ng mga Bayani is a hallowed final resting place of those who offered their last full measure of devotion so that we could have what we have now.

His remains will desecrate that field.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Never seen a good explanation on what happened on the agreement with Ramos. Marcos was allowed to be repatriated on the condition that his remains will be buried in Ilocos.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Well, future generation will never believe that martial law happened. They will just argue that if martial law happened why is he there in the LNB at the first place.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast