New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi guys,

I just came from the Trinoma Mall where my uncle bought some liquor from the Landmark supermarket...

At the liquor section I was amused to find San Miguel Beer in King Cans... looking at their label it says:

Brewed and Packed in Tailand by San Miguel (Thailand)...

Imported by: San Miguel Corporation, Manila...

FOR EXPORT ONLY...

May mga mali pa nga sa spelling

Kagrabe, Kitkat and Pringles are made in Malaysia,
    All our cars, (now even the Ford models) are assembled in Thailand...
    Colgate is made in Thailand and will transfer their palmolive line there as well...

And all our politicians can do is bicker and attack the foreign chambers telling them that we dont need them here...

Kagrabe. Even R. Lapids say their Chicharon is made from imported pork skin (from Belgium)...

As I looked around I find so many new condominiums being built... kaso what we dont see is that many of these condominiums were built on lands that used to be factories
    Last edited by webmiester; June 18th, 2008 at 12:35 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    And all our politicians can do is bicker and attack the foreign chambers telling them that we dont need them here...

Kaya nga walang asenso! Lahat na yatang trabaho na ikagaganda ng buhay sa mga talagang nangangailangan ay nalilipat na sa mga katabi nating bansa.

Wala naman silang nagagawa na maganda at kung may makaisip man kinokontra din ang kabila.

Can the Politicians change?????????????????????????

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Mga politicians natin locally made kasi kaya ganyan ang mentality. Katulad ni Jinggoy sa province na-produce ni Erap siguro in-between shootings.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    LoL. Politicians are locally made kaya low quality sila?
    iam3739.com

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    is it our politicians fault or our everlasting whinning labor groups fault?

the red colored banners that most of our labor unions wave.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Kung gusto mo ma-interrupt ang production mo from time to time dahil sa welga... go ahead magpatayo ka ng pabrika dito.

Kung gusto mo magbayad ng mahal na kuryente... go ahead magpatayo ka ng pabrika dito.

Kung gusto mo makipagdeal sa mga mukhang perang tao ng gobyerno na ang tingin sayo ay walking wallet... go ahead magpatayo ka ng pabrika dito

Basically, kung gusto mo sumakit ang iyong ulo... go ahead magpatayo ka ng pabrika dito.

Kaya madaming companies nag-iimport nalang.

Bawas sakit sa ulo.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think there's enough self-loathing to go around.

Maybe San Miguel built breweries in other countries because it's products are also popular in those countries. I doubt the original ones in the Philippines shut down.

But looking at San Miguel Hong Kong......... GO GO GOAL! Soccer! Darn right. I like it already.

http://www.sanmiguel.com.hk/main.html

http://www.sanmiguel.com.hk/prom/pro...oal/index.html
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 18th, 2008 at 03:39 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehehe... what's with the endless blame-the-politician-for-all-our-problems talk? :D

If San Miguel wants to manufacture it in Thailand... why not? In the end the revenues would still go to the stockholders of the said corporation.

It is also being done to optimize the manufacturing & distribution process within the ASEAN region (since we have a free trade agreement with them). Corporations can save a bit by not having a factory in every other country churning out the same product. So in San Miguel's case, the Philippines produces the regular sized bottles & cans and Thailand would churn out the king sized cans (maybe this is to compete better with Tiger beer).

This is the same with other products... Nestle produces products here in our country for export to other ASEAN countries, Colgate-Palmolive is based in Thailand, etc.

All our cars, (now even the Ford models) are assembled in Thailand...
    Only the SUV & pickup line of Ford is in Thailand (since Thailand is the SUV/pickup hub of the region). The Santa Rosa plant produces the Mazda3, Focus, Escape and Tribute not to mention the E20 gasoline engine for the Focus.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Globalization.... We have to be, individually and collectively, globally-competitive.... You manufacture the goods anywhere in the world and these get shipped anywhere in the world.

The real challenge is distribution. And, the infrastructure is already there, with various forwarders like UPS and FedEx among others.... However, with the rising cost of fuel, the business model may shift/change....

6220:foryou:

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Kakahiya nga nung pinapanood ko sa TV...dapat pagbabarilin lahat ng salot dyan sa senate. Ang gagaling nila magsalita sa TV and pagalita mga investors.

Abolish senate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
San Miguel Beer: Made in Thailand!