New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    RP's freedoms best in Asia: poll

by Frankie Llaguno, Newsbreak | 11/04/2009 8:34 PM

85% of Filipinos satisfied with everyday freedoms
    MANILA - Filipinos enjoy the best freedoms among the 20 Asian countries included in the recent 104-country study done by the London-based Legatum Institute in tandem with Gallup World Poll and other groups.

“Filipinos enjoy excellent freedom of movement, religion, and speech, and 85% of respondents expressed satisfaction with the freedoms afforded to them in their daily lives,” the poll found.

Japan was second and Taiwan third. In the bottom of the list was Pakistan.

“Freedom of movement, religion, and speech are strongly upheld in Japan,” according to the poll, “and fully 83% of respondents were satisfied with the freedoms afforded them in their daily lives.”

As for Taiwan, residents have many freedoms despite notable dissatisfaction with their daily affairs. Only 64% of respondents were satisfied with their personal freedoms.

Pakistan has the most restricted freedoms of all countries polled.

“In a setting of extreme political and regional instability, freedom of movement, religion, and speech are nearly non-existent in Pakistan,” the poll found.

Worldwide, Norwegians enjoy the best personal freedoms, followed by the Danes and the Canadians.

The freedom poll is part of the Legatum Prosperity Index 2009, which is a continuation of an annual ranking of 104 countries based on a number of prosperity-driving factors such as economic fundamentals, democratic institutions, governance, health, education, entrepreneurship and personal freedoms. (Newsbreak)

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/11...best-asia-poll

------

Syempre ang magrereklamo lang ay yung mga leftist group and 90% ng media.

Sayang lang yung karamihan sating mga Filipino ay madaling mabola sa mga napapanood sa TV.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sa atin pwede mong tawagin ng kung anu-ano si GMA.....

Sa Singapore, bawal mag-protest or rally.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ^^

dahil doon mataas ang morale at displinado mga tao
    eh dito sa atin

asa ka pa

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    We have too much of a western-style of democracy which obviously doesn't work for us. We have the most abused freedom in Asia.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yeah we do have the best freedom, but we certainly don't know how to use it properly.

I 100% agree with EQaddict, I'd rather have something like a Singapore-like restriction than what we have now.

We need a Lee Kwan Yew.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Sa atin pwede mong tawagin ng kung anu-ano si GMA.....

Sa Singapore, bawal mag-protest or rally.
    That's true. And the authorities can detain you without trial.

Quote Originally Posted by jansky View Post
    ^^

dahil doon mataas ang morale at displinado mga tao
    eh dito sa atin

asa ka pa
    I read about this in their newspaper: A man was fined for littering. The fine was a bit steep for him since he was poor. Did he say "Give me a break. I'm just a poor man."? No. He said, "I'll never throw my rubbish on the ground again".

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    We have too much of a western-style of democracy which obviously doesn't work for us. We have the most abused freedom in Asia.

+10000000...Eto talaga

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If people aren't disciplined enough on their own free will, then they deserve to be ruled with a whip.

There was a time when Pinoys were disciplined. So it's not anything new. What people have to find out is what happened between then and now and figure out how to get back on track.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    RP's freedom best in Asia...Is that a good thing? parang hindi...bagay satin kinakastigo para umayos

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    iron hand kelangan sa Pilipinas. Democraaaaazy ang nasa Pilipinas ngayon.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
RP's freedoms best in Asia