New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 144 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    that's why I like the parliamentary system-- the moment members of parliament (or the people they represent) lose their confidence to their prime minister, they can easily replace him. but, there's the rub, we need to overhaul our constitution and it's already too late in the day...
    Not necessarily, case in point THAILAND. I rest my case...Rise of Grace Poe

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by safeorigin View Post
    to be honest, I'm all right with just having a federal like system with less centralized government and provinces have more autonomy on their own laws.

the only conceivable way to have a less corrupt government is to minimize its power. there's too much regulation and bureaucracy everywhere!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

to be honest, I'm all right with just having a federal like system with less centralized government and provinces have more autonomy on their own laws.

the only conceivable way to have a less corrupt government is to minimize its power. there's too much regulation and bureaucracy everywhere!
    Will also not work. You'll just give more power to the dynasties and come to think of it because of these dynasties we currently have a pseudo federalism.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    Di ba ito na ang ginawa ni Marcos sa Pilipinas, but failed?
    Halos magkasabayan sila ni Lew Kuan Yew but they succeeded!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5542188&type=1

We missed the opportunity...

Di ba ito na ang ginawa ni Marcos sa Pilipinas, but failed?
    Halos magkasabayan sila ni Lew Kuan Yew but they succeeded!
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5542188&type=1

We missed the opportunity...
    With all his atrocities against Filipino people, I really believed he's in the right path and had a great vision for the Philippines, at least in the early part of his regime...advanced during that time and could've been the best leader in Asia. But power corrupts. The rest is history.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Marcos could've done what LKY did with Singapore if not better with all of our resources, and his visions at least for infrastructures are still relevant until today.... Yun mga extension ng SLEX and NLEX, that's his...which ginagawa na natin... Sayang talaga he had a foresight

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Not necessarily, case in point THAILAND. I rest my case...Rise of Grace Poe
    how could the system work in Thailand when their constitution was abrogated following a coup d'etat and they are ruled by a military junta? Supposedly, civilian authority is, at all times, supreme over the military. That postulate is etched in our constitution.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Marcos could've done what LKY did with Singapore if not better with all of our resources, and his visions at least for infrastructures are still relevant until today.... Yun mga extension ng SLEX and NLEX, that's his...which ginagawa na natin... Sayang talaga he had a foresight
    LKY, 1965 then stepped down in 1990
    Marcos, 1965 then was forced to stepped down 1986

SG is as small as Metro Manila only, manageable.

sa tingin niyo ganun kadali mapaunlad ang Pilipinas by just a short time? nandiyan na ang CPP-NPA, MNLF, MILF, and Oligarchs. If natuloy lang sana yung mga projects ni Marcos, hindi ganito ang Pilipinas ngayon.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    how could the system work in Thailand when their constitution was abrogated following a coup d'etat and they are ruled by a military junta? Supposedly, civilian authority is, at all times, supreme over the military. That postulate is etched in our constitution.
    Exactly my point. In the end they still resorted to military action to throw out their PM. Multiple occasions pa.

So it's not as easy as I don't want you let's vote to removed you from position.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by TopEngine View Post
    LKY, 1965 then stepped down in 1990
    Marcos, 1965 then was forced to stepped down 1986

SG is as small as Metro Manila only, manageable.

sa tingin niyo ganun kadali mapaunlad ang Pilipinas by just a short time? nandiyan na ang CPP-NPA, MNLF, MILF, and Oligarchs. If natuloy lang sana yung mga projects ni Marcos, hindi ganito ang Pilipinas ngayon.
    Well, we will never know...that's the sad part. But with our vast resources compare to singapore's which has none it's highly possible.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Nakuha na iclaim ni Binay hehehe

VP Binay: 'I was Lee Kuan Yew of Makati'

Tigas talaga ni nognog
    That's desecrating the memory of the dead.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    if she wins, baka maiikutan lang administration niya politically ng mga beteranong trapo. And if she allies herself with any of the trapos, well, that would be contrary to why people would vote for her in the first place.

For VP maybe, then president in the next elections.

if she wins, baka maiikutan lang administration niya politically ng mga beteranong trapo. And if she allies herself with any of the trapos, well, that would be contrary to why people would vote for her in the first place.

For VP maybe, then president in the next elections.