New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Kung retirement locations.

Doon sa maayos pa ang hangin, outside metro manila.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Kung retirement locations.

Doon sa maayos pa ang hangin, outside metro manila.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    i will go to that paradise where chocolate hills are found. buy a ranch. put up a 9 - hole golf course. smell the roses. then wait for that thief of the night to come along...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    As my boss so eloquently put it, retiring is like waiting to die ^_^

i've heard a lot of seniors go downhill(health- and mental-wise) quite suddenly after retirement. i've even heard of a certain exec that developed Alzheimer's a few years after retiring.

i guess the key is to stay active, physically and mentally, after you retire. Pursue some hobbies you've left behind, serve the community, etc. etc., wag ka lang magpatingga sa bahay. The mind and body is a strange thing, once you don't use it that much, it starts to waste away. The trick is to fool your body into thinking that it still needs to function(either that or get stemcell treatment ^_^)

Given the above, i wouldn't mind working til the day i die. But it doesn't mean we can enjoy ourselves from time to time

Anyways, i read this article last year about this Singaporean company planning to put up a "retirement village" in Cebu. Mainly targeting foreigners e.g. Japanese. i think it's a good concept, though i'm not sure about the medical facilities. And this is only for people with money.

i think Century Properties also has a similar project, sort of like a condo slash retirement home. Again, the non-rich need not apply.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    retirement place? ako dito pa din sa pinas.

iniwanan kami ni erpats ng farm sa silang cavite. malamang dun ako.
    tapos pagkakakitaan?
    yung proceeds ng farm. and i am planning to go either the academe, consulting or financial planning route. ayoko din ng matenga eh.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

retirement place? ako dito pa din sa pinas.

iniwanan kami ni erpats ng farm sa silang cavite. malamang dun ako.
    tapos pagkakakitaan?
    yung proceeds ng farm. and i am planning to go either the academe, consulting or financial planning route. ayoko din ng matenga eh.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    67 yo ang retirement age dito sa Australia. Pero plano namin ay stay in the Philippines for 6 months of the year.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    planning to retire here in the ph. hopefully my kids are already prepared to take over our business by that time.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    personally i'd prefer Cebu, but it's getting very urbanized very fast. Wait and see muna tutal wala pang pera :D

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Once the kids all move out, I'll go back to northern Nevada and the Lake Tahoe area. My wife wants to continue her family business in the PH. I might come along to visit every now and then.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    When you turn 60 after having retired from any U.S. Military reserves or national guards, you can fly United States Air Force airlines to anywhere on earth that has U.S. Base for the price of the meals during the flight

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    When you turn 60 after having retired from any U.S. Military reserves or national guards, you can fly United States Air Force airlines to anywhere on earth that has U.S. Base for the price of the meals during the flight
    They're called "freedom birds" at least the last time I heard. Retirees from active duty service don't have to be 60 to make use of them although they've become rare enough that only active duty personnel can effectively make use of it.

In my dad's time, such flights were called "Space A" or space available. If there's a seat empty, you can board although you can still be bumped off the flight by those with higher priority.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Retirement plans, retirement occupations, retirement locations.