New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you support the Reproductive Health Bill?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

90 84.91%
  • No

15 14.15%
  • Undecided

1 0.94%
Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganito na lang - how about, a woman's body is her own - it's her choice on what to do with it, including having kids. wala na pakialam yung government, yung simbahan, o yung friends and family
    Last edited by empy; July 30th, 2008 at 06:51 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    ganito na lang - how about, a woman's body is her own - it's her choice on what to do with it, including having kids. wala na pakialam yung government, yung simbahan, o yung friends and family

+1

Why does the church counter this bill so much? This bill gives women better options and gives them access to health care that might not be available otherwise.

Are we living in the dark ages where the church regained supreme?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    +1

Why does the church counter this bill so much? This bill gives women better options and gives them access to health care that might not be available otherwise.

I think it is just a matter of the local Catholic church following the principles adopted by the Vatican. While researching through wikipedia, i found the following passages to be relevant.

The term natural family planning (NFP) is sometimes used to refer to any use of Fertility Awareness (FA) methods. However, this term specifically refers to the practices which are permitted by the Roman Catholic Church — breastfeeding infertility, and periodic abstinence during fertile times. FA methods may be used by NFP users to identify these fertile times.

However, i find this type of practices to be impractical to be implemented among the less educated.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    +1

Actually, this question has been burning for the past decade or so. If the CBCP is against artificial birth control, then it should be willing to provide the safety nets for those who have 3 or more kids but cannot amply provide for their basic needs. Sadly, the Church passes this responsibility on to the government.

I'm a bit indifferent to the bill. What I would like is a law which harshly punishes irresponsible parenthood --- meaning, those who keep making babies but cannot properly raise them by providing food, shelter, medical care and education. What does this mean? If a couple has more than 2 children and is unable to send them to school and give them medical care and ample shelter --- throw them in JAIL! I'd also like to make the CBCP put their money where their mouths are by asking them to commit their money and property into providing for these kids.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am for Responsible Parenthood.

This means that you only conceive and bear child/children whom you can fully support and provide healthy and meaningful life/lives. We have been given 'free will',- then use this free will to make your choice, whether natural or artificial means of they say, birth (I'd say conception) control.

6505:Bath:
    Last edited by CVT; July 30th, 2008 at 08:58 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    +1

+1 here... the church only views everything from their point of view, they do not bother to look outside the box.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Again, religion is a great weapon. Marami kayang pasunurin kahit mali.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    NFP is a good program but most slum dwellers and countryside folks are not educated on these methods and this is the reason why D & E groups of our community continues to face problems with "conception" control. Religion should have nothing to do with the issue on population per se but they have a responsibility to echo the immorality brought by overpopulation and artificial population control to our society. These are social issues which the state should address by widening the scope of population control education and not merely *** education.

How can an "uneducated" woman have "control" over her body?

Oh, and condoms should be a church-recommended method of NFP (like in Spain and other countries) because as others have said earlier, this merely prevents the union of male sperm and female egg and is a good protection against std's/aids and is a no-brainer, cheap and practical method.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    May nalimutan ka... usually mga babae dito sa atin submissive. If you read the blog, meron mga na interview si Celdran doon na yung babae ayaw na magka anak, kaso wala naman siyang magawa kasi pag hindi siya pumayag binubugbog siya ng asawa niya lalo na pag lasing. Pinapagamit naman daw niya ng condom kaso ayaw, kasehodang tumirik mga mata nilang lahat sa gutom basta hindi siya mag c-condom.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Oh I didn't mention the reason why I choose no...and yes contraceptives is a tool for population control. Lack of *** education to the youth or poor and less educated on *** is also the nations problem. I admit, I may not well educated on *** or marriage.

I mentioned no, for me to know why or what are those reasons of our catholic church. My reason is not base of what's on the bible or any religious beliefs/understanding. It is the couple's possible effect on their perspective with relationship or marriage.

How would affect the intensity or strength of their relationship for a couple in the future? What are the means that will bring instability of their relationship? Does a person will be more responsible to their health for their love? Does those people who have everything and can do anything(or done everything) will get bored at the end, will it bring the same effect on those who use contraceptives? How would the contraceptives has something to do with divorce?

Well this are the questions I want to know.

Page 2 of 99 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
Reproductive Health Bill 5043 [MERGED]