New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    RC's have dozens or hundreds of pictures of Jesus. They are so varied that it confuse the members. Although these pictures are just images, they portray Jesus as a bearded man, etc.. the last straw was a picture depicting Him as gay.

I hope that somebody at the CBCP will respond to this thread and try to correct this dilemma.

AFAIAC, I prefer to use a picture of Him; a picture of which it is used by a fraternity of believers in the US. Hanggang wala pang maipalit sa larawan ni Hesus na aking ginagamit, ako'y naniniwala na ito nga ang tunay na mukha Niya.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img057.jpg   img053.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    no one knows His Real Face..
    and not just His face. everyone during that time...
    everything we see today is an opinion.
    let us keep it at that.

scientists, using dna drift, have theorized that He may have been of negroid stock...
    but since history is written by the winners, He has "evolved" to look more caucasoid..

btw, some statues of Jose Rizal show a face that approximates the local personality in the area or silver screen.. our lecturer showed pictures taken from all over the archipelago, and our laughter almost brought the roof down..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A dark-skinned Jesus would at least make some sense.

Those pictures of an overtly caucasian Jesus? Completely fictional, with no basis in historical fact.

Since we were colonized by Europeans, we've been handed down the caucasian Jesus of the Spaniards. Jesus would never have looked like that if he were a pure-blooded Jew (descended from David) as claimed. He'd likely have the trademark Jewish nose (large, not thin with a high bridge), dark skin (more likely Arabic in color) and a swarthy face.

Something like this:

Not quite as popular an image as this:

But a hell of a lot more accurate.
    Last edited by niky; April 30th, 2014 at 11:55 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007

Ecce Homo (Behold the Man).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post

Ecce Homo (Behold the Man).

Hahaha... that woman should be excommunicated. Seriously.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Yes I believe artist interpretation lang yung long haired, bearded caucasian Jesus. Sa Last Supper painting ni Leonardi Da Vinci ang naging basehan ng karamihan diba?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    A dark-skinned Jesus would at least make some sense.

Those pictures of an overtly caucasian Jesus? Completely fictional, with no basis in historical fact.

Since we were colonized by Europeans, we've been handed down the caucasian Jesus of the Spaniards. Jesus would never have looked like that if he were a pure-blooded Jew (descended from David) as claimed. He'd likely have the trademark Jewish nose (large, not thin with a high bridge), dark skin (more likely Arabic in color) and a swarthy face.

Something like this:

Not quite as popular an image as this:

But a hell of a lot more accurate.
    Most likely,because so many good things were written in the bible about HIM,artist then depict the MAN in good image,hence the figure,look at cinemas,pag bida sobrang guapo,seldom makikita tayo ng villain na mas magandang lalaki pa sa lead man,btt I have no problem with whatever image JESUS have

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    when i was going to church every sunday, it really did not bother me if there were dozens or hundreds of images of Jesus. who cares, diba? when i voluntary joined the 'Divine Mercy' group, that's when i became bothered. since i have to pray for His Mercy every 3oclock(daily) i came to realize that it is important to concentrate on a single image of a probable likeness of the Son of man. there are at least 3-4 images of the Divine Mercy. it is like looking at the pix of a loved one, except you have three different pictures!

members of this group pray for the whole world every 3:oclock pm. we pray for the whole 6.9B people of the world including sinners, chaste people, those who despise our faith/beliefs, lgtb's, pdaf scammers, etc. why do we pray for the whole world? well, i dont know. it is like giving something to someone and feel good about it.

the image came from a book, Saint Germain on Alchemy by E.C. Prophet. it is used by the Keeper of the Flame Fraternity of the US. according to the author, it was painted by charles sindelar, an american artist and illustrator of the '20s and '30s. JC appeared to him on 22 consecutive times and the image of JC would appear on both canvass and etching plate, distracting him until he took the advise of a friend to "paint what you have seen". after 5 days of continous work, the portrait was finished.

i am aware that ALL the images of JC are the product of artists who interpret what they think is the likeness of Jesus.
    ganuon din yong mga artista sa pelikula. since this image came from a source and not a kathang-isip lamang, it is the best
    image to use until another one comes along. that is why i am convincing other people who have an open mind that it is best for the RCC to have a common image, instead of using any image of dubious source.

the portrait of Saint Germain,....but that's another story.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pyramid00 View Post
    the image came from a book, Saint Germain on Alchemy by E.C. Prophet.

So I said to Saint Germain, "What is this record in this people? What's happened on this continent?" And he showed me a very very ancient time when there had been a nuclear holocaust on that continent. We don't think in those terms today. We think that civilization is at best 5000 years old. And yet we are told that Altantis sank 11,500 years ago or more. And then the lost continent of Lemuria that was there for hundreds of thousands of years.

According to the records of akasha, war was brought to this planet by the fallen angels and their mutual rivalry for the territory.

Google books: Saint Germain on Alchemy

The destructive energies which poured through the Beatles and entered the subconscious minds of the youth, popular though they were in the world of form, are gradually working their way to the surface, revealing their true colors and Satanic origins.
    :shocked2:

Fasten your seat belts. We're now in OB Land.
    Last edited by donbuggy; May 3rd, 2014 at 04:15 PM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DIvVr2uks0C8

Here so you can see & hear Jesus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast