New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posted 02:27pm (Mla time) Feb 25, 2005
    By Joel Francis Guinto
    INQ7.net

Get INQ7 breaking news on your Smart mobile phone in the Philippines. Send INQ7 BREAKING to 386.

FORMER president Fidel Ramos admitted on Friday that the presidents after the late Ferdinand Marcos, including himself, should be blamed for the country's problems, and not the 1986 People Power revolt that restored democracy.

"It's not the fault of EDSA. It's the fault of the leaders after the dictatorship," Ramos told reporters on the sidelines of the 19th anniversary of the first People Power uprising.

When asked to specify which leader he was referring to, Ramos said: "I'm referring to everybody. Pati ako i-examine nyo (Examine me too)."

"It's our fault because we did not take to heart the vision of our people," Ramos said.

As chief of the Philippine Constabulary in 1986, Ramos, with then defense minister Juan Ponce Enrile withdrew support from Marcos, triggering days of protests along the stretch of EDSA highway between the corners of Santolan and Ortigas Avenues.

Then housewife Corazon Aquino, whose husband ex-senator Benigno “Ninoy” Aquino Jr. was assassinated

-----

Nabasa ko lang..I know old news na to. Agree ba kayo?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    At least he is willing to take responsibilty, too bad it's too little too late. Maybe the person in power now will wake up and take responsibilty while in office.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Balik muna nila yung mga binenta nilang ari-arian ng pilipinas…bago sila magsisi…. Palibhasa matanda na rin natakot baka magka colon cancer din….this is my personal opinion guys pero we can’t blame them – kahit sino maupo dyan natural na next to his immediate family talagang susulitin ang power for his friends and relatives…napaka ikli ata ng 6 yrs in office.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Himala...

A pinoy... blaming himself...

bihira lang ito...

Pinoys never blame themselves... it's always someone else's fault...

hehe

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Himala...

bihira lang ito...

hehe
    and take note...a Former President pa...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ That is something that Darth Pandak will never do...it's always somebody else's fault (the Church, the media, the opposition, etc).

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Same case with the pardoned, feeling self-righteous, "won't shut up" former president...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    totoo naman e. hindi lang presidente kundi halos lahat ng official. ang tanong e sino mananagot? at pano mababawi yung ginawa nilang kalokohan?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Same case with the pardoned, feeling self-righteous, "won't shut up" former president...
    May excuse naman siya. Di naman natapos yung term niya at di naman pera ng bayan nakuha niya. "Agent's fee" naman nakuha niya sa pagbili ng Belle Corp shares.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Himala...

bihira lang ito...

hehe
    What do you mean? I do. Integrity and Accountability are tops in my book.

Actually, I just admit mistakes right away because people can tell easily if I'm lying.

I'm such a poor liar. At least that's what the wife says.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Ramos blames self, ex-presidents after Marcos for RP ills