New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Any more proof of why more and more of our youth leave Catholicism? You can't see priests and bishops practicing what they preach---and YES, that is a very valid observation in the PH. The fracking CBCP is more concerned with how they can exercise their clout in politics than serving their flock.

Sheesh. I'd like to see Fr. Obach try that here in Manila. Ang taas ng tingin sa sarili.
    Last edited by Altis6453; July 8th, 2014 at 10:15 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    priests are sinners too.
    nobody is perfect! that includes the clergy
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; July 8th, 2014 at 10:47 PM. Reason: double post

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    He is scolding the girl in the presence of her mother and her entire clan. The priest most likely doesn't even know them personally. It is a big slap in the face to the parents. Even with us, it is a no-no to scold a child in the presence of the parent even if we know the parents personally, as it is a blatant implication that the parent is incapable of properly raising and teaching the child, and therefore a grave insult. What right does the priest have in scolding the girl when she obviously has the support of her entire family, extended included?

Even though they had been irresponsible, the deed has been done and cannot be taken back. Yet the girl and her family acted responsibly in not aborting the child and intending to raise him properly. The mere fact that she, as a teenage single mom, was in that church with her family, willing to face God and the scrutiny of the entire congregation makes her a brave and morally upright person in my book.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    priests are sinners too.
    nobody is perfect! that includes the clergy
    yes, and no one should know that better than the clergy themselves.
    isn't there something in the bible about judging others?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    syempre, sino bang gustong mapagalitan.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Heartfelt Apology....maybe he should do it personally in front of the mother, on his knees...

This is hardly a heartfelt apology. He can't even remember the name of the mother and of the child he baptized? Looks like a "to whom it may concern" letter to me. Paano kaya kung hindi lumabas yung online video? I'm betting there's little chance Fr. Obach will even issue an apology---poorly written as it is.

Damage control time.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    He is scolding the girl in the presence of her mother and her entire clan. The priest most likely doesn't even know them personally. It is a big slap in the face to the parents. Even with us, it is a no-no to scold a child in the presence of the parent even if we know the parents personally, as it is a blatant implication that the parent is incapable of properly raising and teaching the child, and therefore a grave insult. What right does the priest have in scolding the girl when she obviously has the support of her entire family, extended included?

Even though they had been irresponsible, the deed has been done and cannot be taken back. Yet the girl and her family acted responsibly in not aborting the child and intending to raise him properly. The mere fact that she, as a teenage single mom, was in that church with her family, willing to face God and the scrutiny of the entire congregation makes her a brave and morally upright person in my book.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    What is entirely wrong is that this so-called priest ignored the very basic tenets of the Catholic Church by publicly humiliating the girl. There was no compassion, no charity. Only condemnation which seems to be the preferred method of spreading the Gospel these days.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    so goes the chain of receiving MONEY

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by txslim55 View Post
    so goes the chain of receiving MONEY

maybe the donation/fee paid the priest is not enough. but for sure, the priest would have been friendlier or more understanding if the donation was hefty. the more money you give the church the closer you are to god???????
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; July 9th, 2014 at 05:48 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Fr. Ebach dapat pangalan nito.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast