New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    It's a very serious case but miracles do happen. I wish to see a miracle happen to President Cory. Get well soon ma'am...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    this brings to mind another article i read about a potential cure for cancer... and they're planning to start human clinical trials soon.

from Reuters

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Australian scientists have developed a "trojan horse" therapy to combat cancer, using a bacterially-derived nano cell to penetrate and disarm the cancer cell before a second nano cell kills it with chemotherapy drugs.

The "trojan horse" therapy has the potential to directly target cancer cells with chemotherapy, rather than the current treatment that sees chemotherapy drugs injected into a cancer patient and attacking both cancer and healthy cells.

Sydney scientists Dr Jennifer MacDiarmid and Dr Himanshu Brahmbhatt, who formed EnGenelC Pty Ltd in 2001, said they had achieved 100 percent survival in mice with human cancer cells by using the "trojan horse" therapy in the past two years.

The scientists plan to start human clinical trials in the coming months. Human trials of the cell delivery system will start next week at the Peter MacCullum Cancer Center at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and The Austin at the University of Melbourne.

The therapy, published in the latest Nature Biotechnology journal, sees mini-cells called EDVs (EnGenelC Delivery Vehicle) attach and enter the cancer cell.

The first wave of mini-cells release ribonucleic acid molecules, called siRNA, which switch off the production of proteins that make the cancer cell resistant to chemotherapy.

A second wave of EDV cells is then accepted by the cancer cell and releases chemotherapy drugs, killing the cancer cell.

"The beauty is that our EDVs operate like 'Trojan Horses' They arrive at the gates of the affected cells and are always allowed in," said MacDiarmid.

"We are playing the rogue cells at their own game. They switch-on the gene to produce the protein to resist drugs, and we are switching-off the gene which, in turn, enables the drugs to enter."

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    aquino is a source of prayer to filipinos...

ot: there is this german drug that was suppose to be given to my brother, but the doctor didnt agree because he said that it is a big risk because the drug is on the stage of experimentation, we got the drug from bfad office because of its nature.

i think aquino had a chemotheraphy which is a new kind, it did help improved her condition but nonetheless a drug that kills even the normal flora isnt any good...

we all just have to pray that that with her condition, either she be well or not could create another big impact to filipinos like people power.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sad to hear this...my family met her in Boston before i was born. she left a very good impression on my parents who still talk about her and Ninoy to this day.

may God bless her

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

In this time and age, I still believe that miracles happen!

8202:sampay:

6. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    God knows what's best for you Ma'am. We'll pray for you.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I don't want to criticize Cory in any manner whatsoever. I admired her acts that led to our freedom from the Marcoses. However, I believe that in order for her condition to improve, she must first consider the plea of the farmers of the Hacienda Luisita regarding the distribution of lands under the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program. I am of the belief that a clean conscience is the best medicine.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Cory's color themed people power is still currently being used in other countries and being misused here in the country. Cory Cojuangco Aquino will always be an international icon of democracy and has impacted this planet much more than Michael Jackson has. While she has made many mistakes, some she admitted and some not, she will remain as inspiration to many people and countries because of the courage she had shown from 1985 to 1986. From there on, I'm really not too sure if her decisions served her or the country well. She created the greatest opportunity to really turn around the country but she apparently was not equipped to take advantage of it. And instead of us now back to our former glory days (meaning before the Marcos got greedy) many now sincerely believe that we're better off overall during the best years of Marcos dynasty (upto mid-70's before Imelda started controlling Ferdie).

Notwithstanding, Cory deserves all our fervent prayers for she has given much and has taken little from the country.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    prayers for madam cory aquino. hope you're in the way to recovery.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I hope the prayers would lessen her suffering since it's just a matter of time talaga. If her blood pressure drops and her internal organs start giving out, fights over...

Aquino's condition worsens, says daughter

MANILA, Philippines—(UPDATE) The condition of former Philippine president Corazon Aquino, in hospital for colon cancer, has deteriorated, her daughter said in a televised interview Monday.

Prayers have been said across this mostly Catholic Southeast Asian nation for Aquino, 76, who has been hospitalized for the past month.

"This is the hardest time for all of us," Kristina Bernadette Aquino told ABS-CBN television.

Aquino's daughter wept as she outlined her mother's condition.

"She is in pain already, so please pray for her so that it could be lessened.”

"We don't know how many more hours, days, and weeks God will give her, but please help us pray that my Mom won't suffer too much pain," she said.

Over the past four weeks, Aquino's friends and former officials have been rallying support for the family, which has appealed for the public to give them private space.

A spokeswoman for the family earlier said Aquino had given up all medical intervention including chemotherapy and was leaving her fate to God.
    http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakin...-daughter-Kris

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Prayers For Cory