New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    for me, we should NATIONALIZE the power industry, i.e. from generation to transmission to distribution

consumers suffer from brownouts while power industry executives worry about when they will be getting their latest model bmws or mercs

expect no sympathy from the current DOE secretary either

Nationalized power generation couldn't keep up with demand. Why do you think they outsourced so many contracts during Ramos' time? (aside from the kickbacks)

Nationalized power and water work if the national government is rich rich rich. Ours isn't.

It's the same argument against the Oil Price Stabilization Fund. Sounds like a good idea... if our government had lots and lots and lots of money to cover it. But in reality, it isn't. Same thing with nationalized oil supply. The government's stake in Petron meant nothing for keeping fuel prices low. Petron still charged a premium for fuel because that was what it took to make it profitable enough to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    IMHO, it is no different with the private sector when it comes to franchise/monopoly businesses like power

public sector = public greed

private sector = private greed

The difference is that you can rescind contracts for private companies. You can't do the same with the government. A private company only makes a profit if it delivers services. A government company makes money no matter how crappy service gets.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    I suggest geothermal.
    Said the same thing over FB during the open forum with the DOE secretary, and he gave the reasons I cited in my first post as to why we can't.

Those geothermal and hydroelectric sites we can use are already in use. Others are problematic due to tribal and environmentalist protests, as well as logistics difficulties. Like uls said, we are already one of the biggest users of geothermal. In fact, we have one of the biggest percentages of hydro- and geothermal power utilization in the world, but we still need more.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it's just not characteristic of pinoys to be proactive

pinoys are reactive by nature

kailangan nandyan na ang problema bago kikilos

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about Nuclear? Can we convert Bataan into an updated and fully funtional
    power source. I dont want to experience the brown out and black out during the early
    nineties. Talagang bad trip ako noon.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Ang issue dyan sa Bataan Nuclear Plant ay ung mga environmentalist.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    And the technology used in the Bataan plant is already obsolete, the fuel rods were returned a long time ago. Better to buy a new, safer plant from the French.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

I remember a study or something: what we generally lack is foresight.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yup exactly

i've never heard the Phil. govt having a 10 yr plan for the country

not even a 5 yr plan

politicians only have plans for next election

that's it

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post

wala kasing master plan ang gobyerno natin eh. pag nag-isip ng project pang-ilan years lang kaya ang bilis ma obsolete.

uls diba importer kayo ng generator.. mukhang "tuwa bwe, tuwa bwe" na hahaha!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    wala kasing master plan ang gobyerno natin eh. pag nag-isip ng project pang-ilan years lang kaya ang bilis ma obsolete.

may isang tsikoter din na importer ng genset so that makes them 2.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post

hehe

di naman. ok lang

dami din kasi nagbebenta eh

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Power Crisis in the Loom! Again?