New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Ano na ang nangyari sa controversial na RH Bill?
    Still stalled in the senate or congress...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    wala daw kasi internet sa bahay ng mga informal settlers

kaya wala sila libangan except ***.

:rofl:

This is the SAD result.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    people who are less educated have less self control, less disclipine

they act more on instinct so they have lots of kids

ang educated mag nag iisip. mas may self control. kaya either ayaw magka anak o konti lang ang anak proper spacing pa
    Even those who can afford to have more kids, choose to not add more, especially if they have a boy and girl already ("quota na" is a common word amongst us young families). They'd rather enjoy their lives with their kids (travel, build a nice house, invest, etc.) and train their kids to be uber competitive and get ahead. Grabe na ngayon mga bata: kumon, foreign language, serious training in sports or arts, etc. Dati, tambay lang ako sa kalye namin with my kababatas tapos mag BMX buong hapon. I have a cousin who's entering ICA and i was dumbfounded by all the test and IQ evaluations they were doing. May additional tests pa because they found something inconsistent with the results (she did exceptional in the tests but her IQ findings were just about average or something)... and this was just for friggin Kindergarten!

In contrast, the driver, janitor, or security guard will have 3,4,5 kids tapos may GF pa. Pag noon time, manonood ng Showtime, sa hapon telenovela naman tapos sa gabi, si Willie naman. Pera? Asa usually sa isang kawawang relative na nag hihirap sa abroad.

What then do we get out of this? A growing D and E class in terms of numbers and a growing disparity in the distribution of the wealth inbetween; (excluding the Sys, Ayalas, Shadow, Boybi and the other ultra rich).
    Last edited by vinj; April 12th, 2012 at 03:54 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post

This is the SAD result.
    I agree, this is a sad result indeed.

I once cried when i saw an orphan who resembled my youngest daughter; if i could afford to adopt and my wife would agree, i may have done so. In fact this is one thing i hope i be given a chance to do so later on, adopt a child and give them a better future; i have some relatives who did that and it's nice seeing them to be given the opportunity to uplift the lives of a kid who's parents cared less about what they're doing. They may have not been blessed to have natural-born kids but in turn, they were able to adopt and they're just as happy, nakatulong sila para bawasan yung mga obobs sa lansangan if you put it in a harsh way.
    Last edited by vinj; April 12th, 2012 at 04:02 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The church where my wife and I got married required us to attend a two day marriage seminar, also held by the same church.
    During the marriage encounter, the facilitator asked each couple how many children they wanted.
    Halos lahat sila 3 or 4.
    When our turn came, we said we only wanted one.
    Na shock yung facilitator, they said that it was SELFISH.
    It is our duty daw to give the gift of life!
    I said, I'd prefer to that the ones that my wife and I give the life to would have a good and comfortable life at hindi gutom.
    Pero wala...sabi pa rin niya, that our line of thought is selfish. He told us to think it over some more.
    Meh...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I agree, this is a sad result indeed.

I once cried when i saw an orphan who resembled my youngest daughter; if i could afford to adopt and my wife would agree, i may have done so. In fact this is one thing i hope i be given a chance to do so later on, adopt a child and give them a better future; i have some relatives who did that and it's nice seeing them to be given the opportunity to uplift the lives of a kid who's parents cared less about what they're doing. They may have not been blessed to have natural-born kids but in turn, they were able to adopt and they're just as happy, nakatulong sila para bawasan yung mga obobs sa lansangan if you put it in a harsh way.
    Golden heart pala itong si sir vinj ah.

I'm currently donating some token money for AdMU scholarship, sana kahit papano makatulong din. Dun muna ako mag-umpisa.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    The church where my wife and I got married required us to attend a two day marriage seminar, also held by the same church.
    During the marriage encounter, the facilitator asked each couple how many children they wanted.
    Halos lahat sila 3 or 4.
    I said, I'd prefer to that the ones that my wife and I give the life to would have a good and comfortable life at hindi gutom.
    Pero wala...sabi pa rin niya, that our line of thought is selfish. He told us to think it over some more.
    Meh...
    LOL! ... if the marriage counselor said that to me, I would have given him a long lecture about living within one's means and properly providing for your kid. God doesn't provide a roof over our heads nor food on the table.

Of course, since I would be with my fiance (in that situation) she would probably ribbed me to keep quiet.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; April 12th, 2012 at 05:59 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    LOL! ... if the marriage counselor said that to me, I would have given him a long lecture about living within one's means and properly providing for your kid. God doesn't provide a roof over our heads nor food on the table.

Of course, since I would be with my fiance (in that situation) she would probably ribbed me to keep quiet.
    We only have one child by the way.

Oh, and two years after we got married, ni-contact kami ng facilitator ----- para bentahan ng Life Insurance!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    wala daw kasi internet sa bahay ng mga informal settlers
    kaya wala sila libangan except ***.

kaso nga minsan, parang ang hirap isipin.
    yung mga homeless & iskwaters na madungis at dugyot na di na makuha pa maligo, yun pa marami anak.

kahit nanggigitata..... sige iy*t lang ng iy*t! yakkkk! :suka:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Halos lahat sila 3 or 4.
    Meh...
    Sira ulo yang marriage counselor na yan. Life is not only about the the literal meaning of it (as in a living human) but also the quality of life given (education, food, shelter, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Golden heart pala itong si sir vinj ah.

I'm currently donating some token money for AdMU scholarship, sana kahit papano makatulong din. Dun muna ako mag-umpisa.
    LOL, spread the love. :D Tama yan pards, if you want to give back some of what you have, education is a good venue. AdMU surprisingly has a lot of scholars (full or partial) from what i gather. Malay mo, baka matuloy na yung Ry_Tower Sagip Dalagita Foundation mo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
"Philippines population hits 92M"