New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    ang linya ng Pinas ay SERVICES
    The sad reality we're facing. Where in fact, ang dami natin idle lands. Someone said or has been taught in school na dapat ang focus natin is on agriculture dahil sa dami ng arable lands natin. Kaso hindi, pinagpipilitan daw ang manufacturing at industrial.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    yung Galvasteel finished product yan

they import galvanized coil

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Akala ko refinery na rin sila. Sayang.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Only a few oligarchs have the money to control such industries... And these oligarchs control the politicians who protect them and their interest. Only foreign multinationals have the money to compete with these oligarchs. Lahat kasi ng major industries sa pinas dapat 60% hawak ng local partner kung may foreign investor. Ayaw ng mga multinationals ng ganun.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    bigla ko tuloy naalala yung REYNOLDS ALUMINUM...my father was working there. noon paldo-paldo lalo na pag xmas season.
    hangang sa nagsara ng dahil sa mga demands ng union at hindi na kayang makipag compete sa china made.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rollyic View Post
    bigla ko tuloy naalala yung REYNOLDS ALUMINUM...my father was working there. noon paldo-paldo lalo na pag xmas season.
    hangang sa nagsara ng dahil sa mga demands ng union at hindi na kayang makipag compete sa china made.
    Maraming mga manufacturers din ang nagsara dahil sa mga unrealistic demands ng mga unions.

7. Join Date
    May 2012

OT:
    Parang sa MTV ng Intergalactic ng Beastie Boys hehehe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

RJ,- is that you? ...

21.4K:director:

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    even during marcos' time they deemed funding such project unfeasible as the budget (sans pdaf anomalies) can only accommodate immediate problems involving underemployment and recurring shortages. forward to ramos' time same predicament and the push for heavy industries remained tentative.

currently the market is growing rapidly, the country should take advantage of its high rating and push for more investments towards this direction

it's possible now only when the 'steal industry' rife within the gov't is dismantled

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I share the same sentiments as uls.

Bullshit naman. To begin with, most of our manufacturing sector have fled the country thanks to our non-competitive environments. Not only is producing steel highly energy dependent but the industry is also cyclical (look at AcelorMittal's annual reports). Throw in our red tape, our government's penchant for turning a blind eye to the amount of custom smuggling, our relatively expensive minimum wage, our idiotic Senator who wants "14th" month pay, our lack of infrastructure (notably railways) and... ano uli gusto nitong Cola? Ede bilhin niya if it's such as good investment. Let's see him produce Php100 steel to compete with China's Php30 steel (prices fabricated but it gets the point across)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast