New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Mukhang ma-eextend ng term ang mga incumbents ah.....

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nagtataka lang ako bakit meron program sa CF card? I mean aren't the CF cards are just for storage ng data? dapat yun program nasa PCOS lang ang wala sa mga CF cards

and hinde ba nila papakita sa mga watchers etc, na i-format nila yun mga cards pag saksak sa PCOS to prove na walang laman yun nilagay nila before mag open for election?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Good luck to everyone, I'm leaving the country for a while just in case

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dobemarbia View Post
    They should not have bought their CF Cards from CDR-KIng
    Don't worry.. May one-week warranty naman eh :hysterical:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyfoot View Post
    Good luck to everyone, I'm leaving the country for a while just in case
    going to Thailand...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Sabi ng Comelec...pag mag-manual count daw, kelangan mag-imprenta pa raw ng election returns form. Kasi nga, automated na, kaya di na nila na-consider noon yang pag-imprenta ng cert. of canvass & election returns.

He-he! Diyan ginagawa yung "dagdag-bawas"..........
    Bumili nalang sila ng intermediate pad paper.

Tutal kahit na sa " official ballot " nila eh may dayaan naman din eh. 3

:rofl:

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Naisip ko lang sana ganito na lang ang ginawa ng comelec:
    1. Traditional voting pa rin. Isusulat ng botante ang pangalan ng kandidato sa balota. Ihuhulog sa balot box.
    2. Pagkatapos, bubuksan ang balot box. Sisimulan ang pagbibilang.
    3. Pero sa halip na itally sa election returns, i-eencode na lang sa computer o magprovide na lang na parang touch screen.
    4. This will take until 12midnight just like the old days kasi mano mano ang bilangan.
    5. Transmit ang result electronically.

At least kita natin at the precint level kung sino nanalo. Ang dayaan naman madalas mangyari sa municipal level. Puro liquid eraser na ang election returns pag binibilang.

Wala lang.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    intay lang kayo hanggan May 10, 2016...:rofl:

postponed muna for 6 years sabi ng Malacanang, para maayos na talaga yun automated election.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    nagtataka lang ako bakit meron program sa CF card? I mean aren't the CF cards are just for storage ng data? dapat yun program nasa PCOS lang ang wala sa mga CF cards

and hinde ba nila papakita sa mga watchers etc, na i-format nila yun mga cards pag saksak sa PCOS to prove na walang laman yun nilagay nila before mag open for election?
    I''l try to answer your query with my interpretation of their system. As far as i know, the PCOS machines base their counting by comparing images of the scanned ballots to those images saved in the machine.

So meaning that the memory cards are external storage for the tables (images) to which the scanned ballots are being compared to. And might as well be the storage for the scanned ballots.

From what we have heard on the news, They say that the problem is with the counting of the local votes. So Im assuming that the national tables (images being used to compare for national candidates) are being stored on a physical memory on the machine (since this is uniform with the other PCOS machines)and the local tables (images used for local candidate votes) are kept inside those memory cards (are just for local machines thus the need to be configured at every municipality).

I am also assuming that for every position, there is a separate table for each position so that if there are erroneous marks like over voting would not nullify the whole ballot.

Again, this is just my interpretation of the system and may or may not be how the system works. What worries me is not the machine nor the system implemented that is faulty but the technology of image comparison being used in the machine is not that reliable. It is like giving the task of an image recog machine (like picture search/thumbprint search) handled by a powerful machine to a restructured old (maybe obsolete) computer.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Last edited by badsekktor; May 5th, 2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: double post

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
PCOS Memory Card Recalled!