New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    as much as I believe in free trade .. the intent is to force to oil companies to cut down on their 40% margins and just settle for 30% during this trying times .. they always come out with a annual net 4-5 billion profit so would it be so tough for have them just come out with 3-4 billion while people try to rebuild their lives .. they'll make money even if they reduce it by 8 bucks ..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Who says they get 40% margins??? Ang liit lang tubo ng gas retailing... Ang kinikita nila most of it is through other businesses like service and rental... Yan nga hindi maintindihan ng madla eh, they make billions sure but san nangaling yun?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    A supplier of fiberglass fuel tanks for gas stations intimated to me that gas retailers make at least 6php per liter.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Who says they get 40% margins??? Ang liit lang tubo ng gas retailing... Ang kinikita nila most of it is through other businesses like service and rental... Yan nga hindi maintindihan ng madla eh, they make billions sure but san nangaling yun?
    Well... if people have been following the business model of the Big Three... they'd know... Star Mart... Treats... Service shop... change oil and washing services... sales of motor oil, gear oil, water, etcetera...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes duon sila kumikita ng malaki and of course sa mga franchising operations nila...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by battaglin View Post
    A supplier of fiberglass fuel tanks for gas stations intimated to me that gas retailers make at least 6php per liter.
    Sabi nga ng pinsan ng kapatid ng pamangkin na kapitbahay nung guard sa kabilang kanto e etc. etc.

Ang hilig talaga ng mga Pinoy maniwala sa mga sabi sabi....

Kawawa now yung mga generic dealers, tanker prices of petroleum products are now more expensive than pump prices. Yung mga dealers kasi ng big oil companies still enjoy their regular profits since subsidized ng mother company nila yung fuel prices.
    Last edited by boybi; November 1st, 2009 at 12:26 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Kawawa now yung mga generic dealers, tanker prices of petroleum products are now more expensive than pump prices. Yung mga dealers kasi ng big oil companies still enjoy their regular profits since subsidized ng mother company nila yung fuel prices.
    +1... starting to see some stations running low on certain products, already. Am going to ask around more...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    what's the point in going into business if you're not allowed to make big profits?

nobody goes into business to make a little money

nobody goes into business to break even

lalo na nobody goes into business to lose money
    Last edited by uls; November 1st, 2009 at 02:06 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I just got back from Petron Gas Station and the gas boy told me that they ran out of XCS already!!!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

It's panic time for me.....

8900:painting:

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Palace defends EO on fuel price freeze