New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    so it goes the same way, for a foreigner, if the tax he paid in the host country is say $2000 and the tax due to is home country is only $1000.. he will no longer pay his home country as he already paid more in the host country..

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    yes. the way i know it is suppose to work is this. if there is a tax being paid to to country of deployment if the tax is greater than 3% then it is tax free. if there is no tax then the ofw is required to pay the tax. may brackets din, 1%, 2% and maximum 3%.

in pacquiao's case since the taxes he already paid in the US (where the income was earned) already exceeds 3% he does not have any obligation anymore to pay to the philippine government. otherwise it will be double taxation. this is true even if he is not a registered ofw since afaik the maximum tax for income earned abroad is 3%, whether it be personal/professional income, business or trade.

as for other nationalities paying taxes to the countries where they work and also paying taxes to their home country, this is, afaik, how the tax is computed. first the employee pays taxes to the country where they work. after paying the tax they get a tax receipt. they then use that tax receipt to either 1.) use as a deductible expense in declaring their income (US, Canada, Australia, UK, France, etc.) or 2.) as some form of tax credit, meaning if the tax rate is higher in their own country then the taxes paid to the host country is deducted from the tax they pay their home country (Indonesia for one). example. tax paid to host country is $1000. tax due to home country is $1200. $1200 - $1000 = $200, which will be the amount he will pay to his home country.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Dapat ata kasama si Kim Henares...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Yung mha magnanakaw sa PDAF and DAP ng yellow army ay safe na safe parin samantalang si Manny na hindi galing sa pagnanakaw ay ang bilis ng pnoy goverment. Bugbog sarado ulit si Pnoy sa social media.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    pag hindi ka LP, mamalasin ka talaga.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    based on experience, pag hiningan ka ng BIR ng mga dokomentos na mahirap o impossible i produce, it only means one thing...you are the lucky homepartner!!

At kahit ma iproduce mo pa yan, hihingan ka parin ng hihingan ng mas mahirap i produce, aka di mo talaga makukumpleto...kailangan mo nang areglohin yan.

Si manny daw yung hinihingi ng BIR naibigay na niya yung copy from the IRS ,kaso orig daw hinihngi, which the IRS does not give...san ka nga naman lulugar?

And as per his interview sa news, pano nga naman niya hindi babayaran yung taxes sa states e di yari na siya, IRS pa tatakasan mo ok ka lang?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Heard the interview kay Henares. Her points:
    1. Dalawang acct lang may garnishment as certified ng banks. 1 is for 800k and the other is 300k (both pesos)

2. All the BIR had been asking from pacman for the past 3 years ay yung IRS form. Parang ITR natin. Ang sinubmit daw ng abogago ni pacman certification letter from Top Rank. How difficult is it ba to obtain copies from IRS? I dont think thats too difficult to obtain given his stature.

Henares is always on the straight-forward approach. Sa kanya laging B&W.

Tingin ko lang nededenggoy na nman si pacman ng abogago nya. Kinukwartahan na naman ang uto-uto!

Sent from my iPhone using Tsikot Car Forums

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Daming memes lumalabas sa Social media...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But you goat give it to the PR team handling packy, timing's impeccable. Nilabas nila Ito after the fight, while he's still toast of the town...they're playing the underdog card...alam na nila ito weeks ago..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#retzing

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yung nagnakaw ng tax hindi ma freeze yung pera...yung nagbayad pero walang kopya ng original copy ng pruweba, na freeze.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ipaayos na lang sa hilaw na bayaw nya ang problema nya sa BIR ... tapos agad yan

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Pacquiao Owes The Government 2.2 billion in Taxes