New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    [SIZE=6]Q&A: Manny Pacquiao![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]How long did it take you to arrive to the decision of running for congress? Is it something you always wanted to do?

[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Before I decided to run for congress I thought about it a lot and I realized that I could help the people.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]You are very, very popular in the Philippines….[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Yes but I am not thinking about how popular I am, I am only thinking is how I can help the people.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Is being a politician going to take away from your boxing career?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]No, I want to turn to politics but I want to continue my boxing career. That is my business, my life. I am known for my boxing career so I don’t want to lose that.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]After Barrera’s defeat against Marquez, do you think that there is still a chance for you to fight him?
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]I am happy to fight anybody. I don’t want to close the door on fighting Barrera or Marquez at the right time.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]What do you know about Solis, your next opponent?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I saw him fight last January. He is taller than me but strong enough. He is undefeated and a good fighter.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Have you started training at the Wild Card Gym yet?
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Yeah.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Justin Fortune is working your corner?
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]Doing good. He is teaching me a lot, like Freddie Roach. It’s like having Freddie Roach.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]So you think it will be the same as Freddie?
    [/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Yeah but I think Freddie Roach is coming to the fight. He is going to be in my corner.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Did you give any thought to going to Puerto Rico since Roach invited you to train along side Oscar De La Hoya?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Freddie Roach, he invited me to go to Puerto Rico and to train but I don’t have the time because the fight is close so I decided to continue my training in Hollywood.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Do you have a prediction regarding the fight, are you prepared to fight twelve rounds or do you think it is going to end any earlier?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]My prediction is that it is going to be a good fight because this is my first time to fight a guy with this style and he is undefeated. He will try to win and we will see on April 14th.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Do you feel any added pressure on the fact that this is the first time that you headline a PPV? Unlike the other times that you have fought on PPV, many people were buying the fight to see you against a big name opponent. This time it will be you who they want to see. Do you feel any pressure because of that?
    [/SIZE][SIZE=3]A little pressure because, you know, it’s me that is fighting on PPV and I hope that people want to watch the fight.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Are you happy to go back to San Antonio where one of the biggest fights in your career in the last five years happened between you and Barrera?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I am very very excited to go back there and fight and see the people there.

[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]Bob Arum said that you want to top Jorge Arce’s entrance, do you have any ideas?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3](Laughs) You know, entrances are not that important to me. What is important is the fight. To give a good fight to the people and make people happy. That is it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]SOURCE HERE[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    OH my goodness!!!

Napuruhan ata...

Aftershock!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Wow panalo pala si Pacman.
    Now running for Congress is easy tsk tsk tsk tsk...but there's a problem incase he wins..Since he doesnt want to retire on the boxing arena, what if nagkararoon ulit ng match up with morales or kung sino man and na knock out sya??? E di ang headline e "PHILIPPINE CONGRESSMAN KNOCKDOWN IN 5TH ROUND"???? tHINK ABOUT THAT Mr. Speaker

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    boxing na lang sana sya...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    In the interview last night, after the fight,- he seemed genuinely concerned on how to serve his fellow Filipinos. I just hope that he doesn't lose himself in our *stinking* political system/institution.

How I wish he concentrates only on his boxing career... But I guess nobody can take his stand/conviction away from him.....

2501:showoff:

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    In the interview last night, after the fight,- he seemed genuinely concerned on how to serve his fellow Filipinos. I just hope that he doesn't lose himself in our *stinking* political system/institution.

How I wish he concentrates only on his boxing career... But I guess nobody can take his stand/conviction away from him.....
    he may be, but at least he should realize that going into legislative is beyond his capacity. Concern and dedication is not enough to be an effective legislator.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    tayo na lang sya ng charitable foundation or scholarship program or something similar.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung gusto talaga niya tumulong, unahin niya yun mga ex boxers na halos wala ng makain....

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hay naku ang tao talaga hindi makuntento sa fame and money pati power dapat makuha din. Ano kaya ang alam ni pacman sa pagawa ng batas? Sana dahil boxing talaga siya sumikat at nagkamal ng pera eh gumawa na lang siya ng foundation para sa mga boxers na mahirap at least yun ang maiiwan niyang legacy for the generations to come.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Pacman for Congressman