New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    takot lang ng mga SG locals na sundin yan.

siguro yung blogger na to napalitan ng pinoy
    sa trabaho nya.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    True ba yan?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Nung una ko yan nabasa akala ko another Pinoy crab na naman. But from the other posts sa site it seems Singaporean nga. I could probably understand some of the anti-Pinoy sentiment whenever we see some of our kababayans bringing some of our not so nice habits in other places, though medyo may pagka-extremist naman yung sa website na yan even as it may be a parody site.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    This is pretty lame. Hateful local yan, minority na kasi sila sa corporate centers ng bansa nila. I bet that writer wouldn't even dare do most of the **** in the list. Racist.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    ..."i thought it was for you locals.. isn't that why it's being sold here?"...
    ..."i dream in english, sir! that's why i was hired here. you, however, i can barely understand."..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Pag ibang bansa ang galit sa pinoy...racist sila.

Pag tayo galit sa dayuhan ...sila pa rin ang racist.

Anti-Pinoy Sentiments in Singapore?
    April 21, 2013by Paul Farol

Apparently, The Real Singapore doesn’t want a Filipino company to hire Filipino staff for its operations there.

Unlike other multi-national fastfood restaurants like Macdonalds and KFC which hire mainly Singaporeans and even the disabled and elderly, Jollibee Singapore intends to hire their fellow pinoys to fill up jobs in their latest Singapore venture. The Filipinio fastfood chain will be opened in Q1 this year but locations remained unknown.

Singaporeans are encouraged to boycott Jollibee Singapore to send a message that foreign businesses which hire foreigners first are not welcome in Singapore, and, businesses which targeted the Singaporean market share and profit off Singaporeans should prioritize job opportunities for Singaporeans first.

jollibee opens jobs for filipinos in singaporeI wouldn’t say that this is really a sentiment directed against Filipinos or Filipino companies, but rather, it might be based on sentiments of Singaporeans who want to be prioritized for jobs in their home country.

Just why it seems important for Singaporeans to be prioritized for jobs in fast serve food chains is beyond me. Â I would imagine that Singaporeans, for the most part, target jobs in either IT Firms, Banks, and Communications companies. Â After all, this is why they’ve opened up their job market to thousands or millions of Pinoys — a large number of whom perform jobs the average Singaporean wouldn’t want to do.

Then again, maybe it is the influx of our less intelligent, less cultured, and less well educated countrymen that has got The Real Singapore in a fit. Â Or is it?

I think the last sentence gives a clue:

The PAP government has announced that it plans to increase Singapore’s population to 6 million by 2020, it is no surprise why they are now welcoming any unskilled foreigners simply to make up the number. Over the past decade, the PAP government has bent forward pandering to businesses’ appetite for cheap foreign labor. This has in turned resulted in a depression of salaries especially for the bottom 20% income earners who see their salaries stagnated over the past 13 years despite charting record GDP that the Prime Minister is so proud of. Foreign professionals, managers and engineers have also taken up jobs of Singaporeans who are seeing more retrenchment in the guise of restructuring, and salary growth below inflation rate.

I think it’s a better bet to think that Singaporeans are finding it difficult to come to terms with Filipino professionals who are just as good or even better but will work at a fraction of the pay that their Singaporean counterparts receive.

Thing is, the sentiment to keep foreign workers out from higher paying jobs isn’t at all unique to Singpore.  People in the US have similarly raised a howl over the inundation of “migrant workers” from Mexico and everywhere else.

In any case, there seems to be a response from the Singaporean government and that is to somewhat tighten the inflow of foreign workers. Â In a press statement, the Ministry of Manpower said Foreign Worker Levy rates (read that as the amount of money paid to hire a foreign worker) would be increased and Dependency Ratio Ceilings (read that as the percentage of foreign vs. Singaporean employees) would be decreased.

All in all, what this really spells out is a tougher time for people who seek jobs abroad and as for Filipinos in Singapore, I don’t think it will help much at all if their fellow OFWs there are seen as a nuisance of sorts online.

Take the case of a certain Carlos R Pestano III whose behavior was put on the spotlight in the Singapore Seen Stomp:

Here’s an excerpt from that article:

Seagate Technology has apologised on their facebook page for comments made by one of their engineers who called some Singaporeans ‘rotten’ and ‘bitter’.

In a post on their facebook page, Seagate made it clear that they were aware of the offensive comments and apologised for them. They also promised to look into the matter immediately and take the ‘necessary disciplinary measures where needed’.
    More than ten STOMPers had written in over the insensitive comments, which had been posted on his personal facebook page. According to his facebook page, the engineer is a Filipino working in Singapore.

Here are some STOMPers’ comments regarding the incident.

STOMPer Angry bird wrote:

“Look at this proud Pinoy FT working in Seagate calling us locals ‘rotten’.

“Should we send him back to where he belongs?”

Jazz wrote:

“As you can see in the screenshot taken below on his profile page, it shows his comments on Singaporeans on facebook, viewable by everyone.

“He is listed as a member of Seagate, a Process Engineer at Seagate Technology International (W1).”

“He refers to Singaporeans as ‘rotten locals’, calls us ‘bitter’, and says most of us are ‘working under us (Pinoys)’.”

Samm also commented:

“Look at this Filipino’s remarks about Singaporeans.

“I came across a photo on facebook.

“A Filipino working in Seagate, based in Singapore, is making racist remarks about locals.

“I do not condone his language used because they are offensive and mean.

“It will just stir up more angst between the foreign talents and locals here.”

Rinna wrote:

“This is really disturbing.

“This Pinoy guy should get fired by Seagate.”

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003

Do Filipinos speak too loudly and in an annoying manner in public spaces?
    March 8, 2014by benign0

A letter posted by a disgruntled Singaporean frustrated over being unable to get a bit of peace and quiet in a public bus singled out Filipinos in a post on the site The Real Singapore. The author of the letter who signed off as “H” described the “nightmare” of finding himself in a bus full of “Pinoy maids” on his way home after a tiring day…

To my horror, 90% of the passengers in bus 106 were Pinoy maids. I do welcome them to take our public transport as it helps to contribute to our GDP and SMRT’s revenue. Unfortunately, this Pinoy maids were talking so loud in the bus.

They joked and burst out laughing loudly. Its nothing wrong to joke and chit chat in the bus as Sunday is only their off day, however, they should be a little bit more considerate by caring for other passengers too. What I could heard in the bus was Phillipino language and I felt like I am taking a bus in Manila. Their voice were just as loud as thunderstorm (I believe many Singaporeans experience this before. Once a group of Phillipinos boarded a bus or train, your resting time on your journey back home is gone).

I observed throughout my bus journey to Orchard. The maids will push to board the bus, and the Singaporeans will always have to take another bus as either bus is full or if Singaporean manage to board the bus, they will have to stand near the bus door.
    ‘H’ went further and proposed this controversial solution to the problem:

I would like to suggest to Public Transport Council to provide private buses to cater to Pinoy maids islandwide for them to go Orchard Road as the current situation is extremely bad (too crowded in buses and trains along Orchard road even on Sunday morning and evening!)

This has not been the first observation made about instances of Filipinos talking loudly in a public place. But for some reason, this obscure post made waves. No less than deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte weighed Malacanang in on the matter…
    “I’ve been to other places as well and we do tend to observe proper comportment and behavior,” she said.

Could there be something about Tagalog and other Philippine dialects and the way these are spoken that tends to get under peoples’ skins?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Pag ibang bansa ang galit sa pinoy...racist sila.

Pag tayo galit sa dayuhan ...sila pa rin ang racist.
    Parang isolated case yata itong article na ito. When I was in Singapore, ang daming kumakain sa Jollibee sa Lucky Plaza. May mga Singaporeans din na kumakain and nakapila.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I think this hit a nerve against the Singaporeans... Kaya may lumalaking anti-pinoy sentiment doon.

Are Filipino Celebrations in Singapore going too far?
    April 25, 2014by ChinoF

It’s no wonder Filipinos were again the subject of controversy in Singapore. There was some recent furor on Filipino celebrations of independence in the country. A group of Filipinos ran an ad where they announced a celebration of the June 12 Philippine Independence day happening on Orchard Road. This angered many Singaporeans, who expressed their opposition and said Filipinos had no right to hold this celebration.

Luckily some other Singaporeans are more level-headed, criticizing the way fellow Singaporeans vented their anger against Filipinos. Singaporean Prime minister Lee Hsein Loong himself came to the defense of Filipinos, saying the Singaporeans who harassed Filipinos were “a disgrace.” However, it still led to the Filipino group’s ad being pulled out.

Many Singaporeans still felt outraged by the idea. One article on the issue says Lee’s defense of Filipinos is only for gaining Filipino votes for the PAP (knowing that some Filipinos opted to change their citizenship to Singaporean). Someone may liken this to Filipino politicians pandering to squatters (oh, I’m sorry… “informal settlers”) to gain votes. This also demonstrated another facet about Singaporean society – that Singaporeans may be just as dissatisfied with their government as we Filipinos are with ours.

Anyone remember Steph Micayle’s little rant on Youtube about why she’s not proud to be Singaporean? She complained of skyrocketing prices and nicer benefits being given to foreign workers, and the needs of the local people being left out. It seems that the root of this anger is some Singaporeans have long been against the influx of planeloads of foreign workers, because they feel this has contributed to life in Singapore becoming more difficult. Once a foreign group decided to make a “pride binge,” it broke the last straw.

Even some Filipinos in Singapore are in disagreement on the celebration. At least one of them criticized their own countrymen for “going too far” in how they conduct their independence day celebrations. The writer of the article called for more discretion in the activity.

Perhaps the problem is not whether or not Filipinos should celebrate independence in Singapore: I’m fine with it. The problem is the way they wanted to celebrate it. Running an ad and holding it on Orchard Road was doing it the noisy way. It may have been a demonstration of another fault of Filipinos – being improperly noisy.

Yes, noise applies to more than talking unnecessarily loud on the phone while in a public place or vehicle (why can’t people just hold the microphone part of the phone nearer their mouths instead of shouting?). Filipinos tend to be too noisy in their activities. That includes even the manner of holding celebrations and even – wait for it – proclaiming their “Pinoy Pride.” Another thing is doing it in Orchard Road – some may compare it to commandeering EDSA for one’s little village parade.

Perhaps Filipinos are still seeing foreigners as their oppressors, and are doing this celebration to recover a sense of identity, or as a feel-good activity to get out of the depression of being OFWs (which has a tremendous social cost). But being loud about it sends the wrong message.

Here’s how Singaporeans my see Filipinos being loud about their independence day – that it is an act of defiance as well as a sign of disrespect for their host.

And from the reactions of Singaporeans, it seems that this is the first time any foreign group decided to have a loud celebration of their independence. And of course, that would raise the eyebrows of the host.

While I agree some Singaporeans did go overboard on their raging against Filipinos, perhaps there’s still a lesson for us. I will repeat the message I earlier stated for Filipinos in Singapore (or anywhere) – we should not be a noisy people. Some Filipinos would say that being noisy is a sign of happiness. But this I contend against. Noise can actually be “pretend happiness” to cover up for their actual depression. That would make Filipinos dishonest in a sense.

Perhaps Filipinos also need to change their values on this – that even if discreet and quiet, they can still be happy. And being rudely noisy should not be accepted as a part of Filipino culture.

Some Filipinos would also say, what about the US? They allow us to do loud parades! Why can’t Singapore do that? The answer is that the guest should be the one to comply with the host, not the other way around. If your host allows such celebrations, fine. If your host forbids them, comply; a bitchfit means you are a bad guest worthy of throwing out.Imagine, if you had a guest that demanded that he do something you very much dislike in your own household, how would you feel?
    Last edited by Monseratto; June 15th, 2014 at 10:35 AM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast