4 26.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Solon Seeks Ban On Religious rites, Symbols In Gov’t Offices
    By CHARISSA M. LUCI
    June 15, 2012, 6:27pm

A measure banning religious ceremonies in government offices and the display of religious symbols has been filed at the House of Representatives.

Kabataan party-list Rep. Raymond V. Palatino filed House Bill 6330 or the proposed “Religious Freedom in Government Offices Act” last week before the Congress adjourned.

Under the measure, the conduct of religious ceremonies and the display of religious symbols should be prohibited within the premises and perimeter of offices, departments and bureaus, including publicly-owned spaces and corridors within such offices, departments and bureaus.

In a phone interview, Palatino said his measure does not intend to offend any religion, but it would remind that the “public space is for everybody.”

“This bill seeks to empower heads of offices and departments to follow strictly the constitutional provision on the freedom of religion, particularly the non-establishment clause, in the exercise of their official functions, and in the use of government facilities and property in the exercise thereof,” he said in filing the bill.

He said despite the clear provisions and jurisprudence on the non-establishment and non-sponsorship of the State of any religion, it has been observed that religious ceremonies and symbols are prominently done or placed, respectively, in several government offices. He even noted that religious ceremonies are also undertaken preparatory to the conduct of state affairs, such as the recital of ecumenical prayers before court hearings, flag ceremonies, government meetings, among others.

“The State cannot be seen to favor one religion over the other, in allowing the prominent conduct and display of religious ceremonies and symbols, respectively, in public offices and property,” he said.

Under the measure, the head of offices, departments and bureaus are mandated to promulgate the corresponding rules and regulations to implement the provisions of the proposed law.
    source: Solon Seeks Ban On Religious rites, Symbols In Gov

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Naku, the CBCP cabal in both houses will make sure this won't even see the light of day...Palatino might be excommunicated for that.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    so pag pumasa yang bill na yan, yung mga prayer vigil, bawal na......

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    so pag pumasa yang bill na yan, yung mga prayer vigil, bawal na......
    Naku pano na lang kung may na impeach uli. Eh di wala ng pa misa.

Another non-sense from congress.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    Naku pano na lang kung may na impeach uli. Eh di wala ng pa misa.

Another non-sense from congress.

Actually I am for this new law. It is about time that the line is drawn between the separation of church and state in the Philippine government.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    yung mga opisina ng mga konsehal sa isang city hall na napuntahan ko may mga mama mary at sto nino pa sa opis nila.......

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Actually I am for this new law. It is about time that the line is drawn between the separation of church and state in the Philippine government.
    i agree with this. sadly i know it will never happen because the politicians are too afraid to lose the vote that the church could bring.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I'm afraid Congress don't have balls to do it.

Separation of Church and State don't require law. What it requires is a leader that can tell the Church... Shove it up you ass.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    pinoys can't seem to separate personal belief from public service

govt officials who are devout catholics bring their beliefs to work

decisions nila based on their beliefs

against sila sa condom gusto nila gawing batas ang pagbawal sa condom

hindi pwede ang ganyan

problema hindi nila maintindihan baket hindi pwede ang ganyan
    Last edited by uls; June 16th, 2012 at 04:15 PM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    si corona nga eh, ilang buwan nag-prayer vigil during the impeachment. andun yung nasisira na trabaho sa sc.

di punta siya sa baclaran, lumakad ng paluhod kung gusto nya "makausap" at humingi ng tulong sa Diyos.

& then, may nangyari ba?
    ayun...guilty! :rofl:

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast