New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LINK: New Bill seeks to set new speed limits at expressways and other roadways.

Tarlac Rep. Enrique Cojuanco is seeking to set a uniform speed limit in major thoroughfares, including all controlled access highways nationwide with his House Bill 3377. This new bill will the existing rules and regulations on road safety management “by including freeways or the controlled access highways in the classifications of roads and set a uniform speed.”

IF House Bill 337 is enacted into law, it will cover North Luzon Expressway (NLEX), South Luzon Expressway (SLEX), Metro Manila Skyway (SKYWAY), Subic Clark Tarlac Expressway (SCTEX), Southern Tagalog Arterial Road (STAR), Bataan Provincial Expressway, the Manila Cavite Expressway (CAVITEX) and all major roads in the country.

HB 3377 mentions the following:

- The speed limit on open country road with no blind corners and not closely bordered by habitation is 80 kilometer per hour for cars and motorcycles and 50 kph for buses and trucks.

- The speed limit for cars and motorcycles in boulevards with clear of traffic and no blind corners is 40 kph, and 30 kph for trucks and buses.

- With light traffic, city and municipal roads has a speed limit of 20 kph for cars and motorcycles, while for trucks and buses is set at 30 kph.

- Speed limit on areas with heavy crowd, including those approaching intersections at blind corners and passing school zones. Its speed limit is 20 kph for cars and motorcycles and 20 kilometer per hour for trucks and buses.

- On expressway speed limit is set at 130 kilometer per hour for cars and motorcycles and 110 kph for buses and trucks.
    LINK: New Bill seeks to set new speed limits at expressways and other roadways.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Dun lang ako sa huli natuwa

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow 130kph?..talo pa kami dito 110 lang ang max sa freeway

Sent from Toyota Chatswood NSW...GT-I9505

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    40 on a Blvd like Roxas and Molino Blvd and EDSA? Pati Commonwealth at Macapagal?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by BratPAQ; December 15th, 2013 at 04:00 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With light traffic, city and municipal roads has a speed limit of 20 kph for cars and motorcycles, while for trucks and buses is set at 30 kph.
    Tama ba ito? Mas mataas speed limit ng trucks and buses sa cars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Signature

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Tama ba ito? Mas mataas speed limit ng trucks and buses sa cars?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mukhang baligtad ah.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    open country road (mac-arthur, magilas trail?) 80 kph? naman! at least 100kph man lang sana.

tapos city e 30kph? di ba tagal ng 60kph sa main city roads (quezon ave, mindanao, roxas blvd) and 35 kph sa mga inner city roads?

ang tumama lang siya yung sa school zone (at hospital dapat) na 20 kph.

pero aprub yung 130 kph sa expressways! dapat nga 140 kph pa e. at lagyan nila ng minimum speed na 80 kph, then yung overtaking lane may minimum speed na 110 kph. pag nagbabad sa overtaking lane yung mabagal cancelled ang license!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Pls make city 60 kmh, school zone 30 kmh

Agree on 130 for expressways

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Mas mabagal ang speed mas mabilis maubos fuel, bili ka ng bili, hapi ang tax collection, sabayan mo pa ng for he boys (te) na nakatago nag aantay sa mga driver na inis na at gusto humarurot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
NEWS: New Bill seeks to set new speed limits at expressways and other roadways.