New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Di ba kayo pinag corporate attire nung nag defend kayo ng thesis nyo? That was the first time na nag neck tie ako.

Bro., hindi. ECE kami and our 'thesis' then was more on demonstrating the application and the functionality of your electronics project. And then, supporting it with documentations...

First time na nag neck tie kami, if I remember correctly, picture taking for the graduating class....

3202:rainbow:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    baka ginaya ng bago nyong dean ang idea sa HRIM.. Diba may uniform din sila...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    what does SMIT stand for?

anyhoo.. dont think its any different from wearing uniforms = ayaw din ng karamihan ng students.

hehe.. pero i can relate. since i don't like wearing ties, buti na lang Casual attire lang kami dito sa Office. hassle nga yan pag may PE ka.. mas muka kang madungis pag gusot-gusot, sisitahan ka pa ng prof nyan.

just use a four-in-hand knot para di masyado mahigpit.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I studied at UP for longer than I wished. My first course required uniforms (pre-med), my second didn't.

While it's liberating not wearing a uniform, I do admit, being in smart clothes for class really does make you feel more professional. It's uplifting, and puwede mong ipag-yabang sa mundo.

As for how hard it is to do... meh, just do what we did... Learn how to fold your clothes properly and bring a bigger bag. Wear your civvies or PE shorts on the ride to school and change in the bathroom... Easy Peasy...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    okay lang iyan...para din sa inyo iyan...

naalala ko tuloy yung mga Marines...pinagsusuot sila ng longsleeves, necktie at walking shorts...mas gusto mo pa ba iyon?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ok a, dati nung thesis defense at pag may mga major reports lang kami nagsusuot ng business attire, panalo yan! hassle lang nga pag may bagyo or malakas ang ulan!

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    Starting aug. 1 daw to and mandatory. Badtrip. Mondays and Tuesdays all SMIT (ewan ko lang ibang departments) students should be in CORPORATE ATTIRE. Di ko alam kung ano kinain ng mga SMIT heads bakit sila gumawa ng ganitong policy. Pati slippers (all kinds) bawal na din. Wow.

Why this stupid policy shouldn't be implemented?
    1. What if may P.E. ung student? Parang ang hirap naman nun, lukot lukot na damit nya, tapos may next class pa hehehehe

2. Rainy season, so pa-corporate corporate attire ka pa, basang basa ka pa. Patay pa ung italian shoes.

3. Pano naman ung mga scholars and ung wala masyadong longsleeves and pants. Instead of putting their money to good use, masasayang lang just to follow this stupid policy.

4. Pano naman ung 1 class lang ang pinupuntahan? Di ba? Hassle. (This is my prob hahahaha)

------------------------------------

In my opinion, this should only be applied to CDP students. Since most of them work na, why not sila na lang ang mag-ganito para wala ng change ng clothes diba less hassle for them kahit mandatory pa.

Ano ba balak nila sa mga students at gumagawa sila ng ganitong mga policy.
    Uhmm...I believe that CDP is not included in this mandate since we have been wearing corporate attire everyday! heheh! CDP po ako.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I'm a CSB graduate, particularly from SMIT also.

As oldblue said, wearing corporate attire to school is very beneficial for you in the long run and outweighs any drawbacks. Not that wearing corporate attire is the end all of being a good student or a future employee - but it helps - been there and done that.
    Tama si M2 bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by NazQ View Post
    what does SMIT stand for?
    School of Management and Information Technology (SMIT)
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    While it's liberating not wearing a uniform, I do admit, being in smart clothes for class really does make you feel more professional. It's uplifting, and puwede mong ipag-yabang sa mundo.
    Mas pogi! Hehehe!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Eto just to relate: I'm working for a new company now and this company requires us to wear "corporate attire". Since I work at night, I thought that parang walang point. But, there's another company in the same building that also works at night, and they are not required to wear corporate attire, casual lang.

My point is, pag makakasabay kme sa elevator or sa yosihan sa baba ng building, we look more respectable and professional than them simply because of the clothes that we wear. Tipong, jologs sila! hehehe! Bad ko talaga pero ganun talaga eh.

I believe the SMIT mandate for us to wear corporate attire is to groom us to be professionals in the near future. Remember, Benildeans (and La Sallians) are educated, groomed and trained to be leaders, managers, CEOs; so as early as now, we should learn how to dress like one!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    3. Pano naman ung mga scholars and ung wala masyadong longsleeves and pants. Instead of putting their money to good use, masasayang lang just to follow this stupid policy.
    i don't think this should be an issue; sm does offer a lot of "corporate" wear on the cheap. same with the shoes, andaming japeks sa tiangges ngayon B)

i agree with you though: parang out of place kung naka corporate wear ka, tapos nakasabit ka sa jeep. i guess for the course they're taking, that would make sense.
    Last edited by badkuk; July 12th, 2007 at 08:36 PM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    woot! buti na lang wala na ako sa smit... so etong new attire na to on top pa ng current dresscode? hassle!
    just last week hindi ako pinapasok ng csb kase i have a holes or tears in my pants.. bawal daw yun pero sa SDA building pakalat kalat kame kahit punit punit na ang pantalon namin ok lang... lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
New CSB Policy: Corporate attire for SMIT students