New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    The near-death experience: true-to-life resurrection of the dead

Ironic, isn't it? Everyone wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.
    Some people, though, have had the actual experience of being deemed clinically dead or close to dying, and then going to heaven (or hell), and coming back to life to tell about it!

This is what we call a near-death experience, a resurrection, or the Lazarus syndrome.
    The spiritual and medical concepts

Resurrection from the dead is a spiritual concept, whereby the dead return to life.

The term “Lazarus syndrome” comes from the biblical character Lazarus, whom Jesus raised from the dead.
    Medically, it describes people who have been pronounced clinically dead after failed attempts at cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) spontaneously come back to life.

The phenomenon is more popularly called a near-death experience.
    Phases of a near-death experience

Heavenly or hellish?
    The near-death experience is described as a physical, psychological and spiritual event. Although no two experiences are alike, the near-death experience generally proceeds through the following phases:
    Clinical death, or being at the throes of death.
    Separation of the person’s soul from the body. The soul may become aware that it is hovering over its physical body.
    Entering the darkness and moving through a dark tunnel.
    Seeing a light and entering it.
    Being in an otherwordly spiritual realm of existence, either in a heavenly or hellish dimension.
    Returning to the physical body on earth.
    Being revived to life.
    A state of profound peace
    While clinically dead and in heaven, people commonly experience being in a state of profound peace, intense joy and deep unconditional love.
    Some people meet their loved ones who had passed away ahead of them.
    Another common experience is being in the presence of “beings of light.” These spiritual beings are usually recognized to be spiritual figures from the person's religious belief system.
    Have you attained your life’s purpose?
    People who have had a near-death experience commonly undergo a “life review.”
    The life review consists of a stream of consciousness about the life that they had just lived. As their life flashes before them, they experience for themselves all the good and bad feelings which they had made the people in their lifetime feel.
    Together with the beings of light, they assess whether they have successfully attained the purposes of their recent life.
    Never the same again

Life changing.
    Those who have returned from a near-death experience describe it as a spiritually powerful, deeply life-changing experience.
    They were never the same again.
    They stopped fearing death. Their life became more meaningful and purposeful. They became more spiritually-minded and compassionate towards others. Some developed natural psychic and healing abilities.
    The flip side of peace
    Unfortunately, not all near-death experiences are reported to be positive events.
    Some people had hell-like experiences consisting of tormenting images and agonizing feelings of despair, terror and guilt.
    These traumatic feelings become unforgettable and haunt the person throughout his "second chance" at life.
    The scientific explanation
    Medical researchers think that the near-death experience is caused by oxygen deprivation, abnormal electrical surges in the brain, REM brain waves and a release of “feel-good” or “feel-bad” chemicals in the dying brain.
    Scientific research on near-death experiences have revealed the following:
    Near-death experiences are clearly not hallucinations.
    Blind people who underwent a near-death experience had a normal sense of sight during their stay in the spiritual realm.
    The majority of non-religious people, agnostics, atheists and even those who attempt suicide reported having “heavenly” experiences rather than “hellish” ones.
    Many atheists who survive a near-death experience begin to believe in the existence of a higher power.
    Those mentally or emotionally distressed on their deathbed seem to be at greater risk of experiencing hell.
    Lessons from the near-death experience

We are spiritual beings.
    So what do near-death experiences teach us? They remind us of the following:
    that there is an afterlife,
    that there is a higher power,
    that ultimately, we are spiritual beings,
    that the reason for our life on earth is to cultivate and nurture our spirituality, and
    that the people who we think will go to hell might surprisingly end up in heaven (or vice versa).

Source: The near-death experience: true-to-life resurrection of the dead
    The near-death experience: true-to-life resurrection of the dead

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Dunno about any of you guys but when I had a bad car crash that totalled my car.... the last thing on my mind before opening my eyes to the wrecked car around me was .....

.... the airbag inflating in my face in a fraction of a second.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 4th, 2013 at 05:18 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Mine was an Ipil-ipil tree (Leucaena leucocephala - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

If that tree were not there, it was a 70 meter drop to thy kingdom come, and a dry river bed below. No airbags, I managed to crumple a huge portion of my lola's W115, enough to bend the driveshaft tunnel.

I still thank that tree to this day.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; November 4th, 2013 at 08:50 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Dunno about any of you guys but when I had a bad car crash that totalled my car.... the last thing on my mind before opening my eyes to the wrecked car around me was .....

.... the airbag inflating in my face in a fraction of a second.
    Woah! Scary scene. GH Buti buhay ka pa.
    Kelan yan bro? And what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The scary thing there is the pole. Good thing it did not protrude into the cabin of your car. My ex had a cousin who was skewered by a pole on one of those poorly lit Bayani-era EDSA fences.

Also, that thing they say about things flashing by oh-so-slowly during an accident in progress are quite true.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Woah! Scary scene. GH Buti buhay ka pa.
    Kelan yan bro? And what happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mahirap mamatay ang masamang damo j/k

Pagkaalala ko nakatulog ata ci boss GH

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Nun 10 yrs old pa ako ay nahulog ako sa playground slide una likod ko bumagsak sa lupa. Ang naalala ko ay nakita fast forward na maliligayang nangyari sa buhay ko mga kalaro, kapatid, at yun pinakahuli ay mukha ng mother ko ang last frame. Nakaligtas naman ako at nalimutan ko na yun vision na iyon.

Nun adult na ako ay may nabasa ako about near death experience na fast forward ng past happy experience. Saka ko lang naalala na nag near death experience pala iyon.
    Last edited by Chinoi; November 11th, 2013 at 05:06 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

Sir, habang happy experience ka dinadala ka na cguro sa ospital nun. tapos nung nagkamalay ka binubuhay ka na sa icu.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    17 yrs old ako may siga siga sa aming lugar nasa late 40's na sya.

we are playing darts sa iskinita dumating si siga medyo nakainom habang patira ako nang darts bigla ako dinagukan. Minura ko at sinalya may dala palang baril pero paltik pala binaril ako nang harapan mga isang dipa lang ang layo sa akin sa dibdib ko nakatutok. Kinalabit hindi pumutok, kinalabit ulit nang dalawang beses hindi pa din natahuan ako may nadampot ako na kahoy hinambalos ko at nagtatakbo na sya dahil pinagsusuntok na sya nang mga barkada ko.

Kinabukasan may nagkwento sa akin na binaril daw ni siga ang baril nya sa lupa biglang pumutok. Mula noon hindi na namin sya nakita,

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    elementary ako.. during that time.. mahilig kami magbisekleta racing dito racing doon.. until one time ung ginamit kong bike walang preno eh malakas loob ko pababa sya ang siste di ko napunta sa lugar namen nag derederetso sya hangang lumabas ng main road.. ayun salpok sa sasakyan na tumatakbo.. tinamaan ko likuran ng dyip ayun lipad ako hinto ung dyip chineck ako, okay naman..

panglawa nahagingan ako ng dyip (elementary days pa din).. umikot ako at napahiga .. ang gago na drayber hindi huminto

lahat sila.. walang flashback na nangyari kung hindi nginig ang tuhod nung tumayo ako

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast