New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^even the quick brown fox he was the one who brought him to play for DLSU diba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRbossR View Post
    ^I think the name will stay as it is. This saddens me a lot. Nobody expected this really.
    Parang tattooed sa dibdib ng name ng ex GF/BF..

But this is good para hinde na makialam mga simbahan Sa state's affair...lahat dspat ng tycoons ganyan gawin, withdraw support Sa church and universities na epal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ^even the quick brown fox he was the one who brought him to play for DLSU diba?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ito hindi ako sigurado bro.

pero pwede kasi 80's 'to at ito iyong kapanahonan ng glory days ni danding.

malamang sa ncaa pa days nangyari 'to at letran ang mortal na kaaway ng mga lasalista dati hehe

daming kwento mga kaibigan ko tungkol sa madugong rivalry na iyan eka nga ng chant ng mga tiga-intramuros: "manalo, matalo, bugbog kayo!"

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ateneo just lost its best benefactor. Dumb move.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    oh wow! ADMU clearly was caught off guard.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Perhaps, ADMU belatedly realized, that although that document had their target audience - perhaps government or policy makers, even pro mining advocates - they also had the untargeted audience (technology has evolved that much)..

purely academic lang ata approach ng ADMU dito... and didn't think of the possible consequences... kung ang effect lang ay sa sports programs nila, i suppose di ganun kalaki yun... ang masma.. kung pati facilities tamaan.. quality ng education dahil hind ikayang saluhin ng tuition fees alone from the students ang mga programs nila... yan.. problema yan...

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Noong panahon ko sa UST dati wala kaming tycoon tycoon pero ni minsan di nanalo ang La Salle sa basketball, 4 ata o 5 straight championships...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    madalas daw tumambay sa dugout ng ateneo yan si mvp.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's a sad end to a long, formidable partnership. Money talks and that will hurt... Thank you to MVP for the support which went beyond the realms of the UAAP teams. Life will go on for both parties and I guess its also a wake up call for more alumni to give back to their schools. It need not be in the form of high sky high sponsorship of a basketball team or donating a building, but rather even through supporting academic programs and scholars (of which the Ateneo has many).

On another note, i read the paper that was the supposed turning point for MVP and its not clearly anti mining (to my understanding) but rather it draws the line on the social responsibilities that need to be upheld with regard to mining and the community.... oh well.

From: 'THE JESUIT PAPER' | The document that pushed MVP to part with Ateneo - InterAksyon.com

The 9-page document cited the following Catholic principles and applied them to mining:

The principle of stewardship - that mining should not be "at the expense of the environment";
    The precautionary principle - as long as there is serious risk to environment or human health posed by mining, even if these are not clearly known or understood, decisions should always be on the side of the environment and safety; "In this case, the mining operation or activity must be disallowed at least temporarily."
    The principle of the common good - all stakeholders in mining should benefit in the industry. Priority must be given to indigenous peoples, local communities and local governments. The article stated that the current system of revenue distribution in mining is "inadequate" and favors mining companies;
    The principle of subsidiarity - national and local laws should be in harmony when it comes to mining;
    The principle of preferential option for the poor - benefits should be given to host communities, affected communities and indigenous peoples;
    The principle of the dignity of labor - emphasis on the importance of applying safety hazards in mining such as not employing children and degrading and hazardous work environment;
    The principle of association - grievances of all sectors should be heard when it comes to mining; checks and balances should be maintained;
    The principle of respect for human life - mining should strive to protect human rights and human dignity.

So, will CBCP give funding to the Ateneo Basketball program? :D
    Last edited by vinj; September 22nd, 2012 at 02:18 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think MVP is sick of the whole mining thing. He sees releases like this and the ones from Gina Lopez as preventing him from pushing his mining agenda. Because if you listen to all sides, someone will always object, whether or not there's a legitimate reason to.

Same reason why geothermal tapping is impossible in some of the prime locations out there.
    Last edited by niky; September 22nd, 2012 at 03:59 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
MVP parts ways with Ateneo 'completely', cites irreconcilable differences over RH and