New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ringostarr View Post

the problem with us is we are too proud. masyado nagpapadala sa mga sabi-sabi na magaling ang pinoy, na kesyo naimbento ito naimbento yun, nag-succeed sa Silicon Valley etc etc.... most pinoys fail to take notice na kaya nag-succeed ang mga kababayan natin pinoy sa Silicon Valley is bec. yun na nga - level playing field ang atmosphere nila dun eh. under US rule yun.

iba ang Pinoy pagtayo-tayo lang talaga. nakita ko na'to. ni hindi involved ang gobyerno dito. even if you succeed leading/managing your own little circle of loyal and enthusiastic pinoys. be careful dun sa nasa labas ng circle or dun sa nasa loob pero bordering the circle.

yung dreams mo dream lang yan ng mga batang pinoy. stop dreaming and start accepting reality and focus on our strengths. kasi may time component ang lahat ng bagay sa mundo. we dont have the luxury of time.
    :tumbleweed:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007

If self-employment is not an option specially for unskilled and skilled workers.........

Unskilled workers who could not find enough jobs in the country began seeking employment abroad. Educated workers like teachers then sought jobs overseas to make more money performing much less-skilled jobs, like being domestics and nannies.

Highly skilled and specialized Filipinos like engineers took important positions in industries that could not get enough workers, and they made more money than in the Philippines. Now, we have reached a point that Filipinos are going into training with the sole intent of migrating abroad.

I find this a disturbing trend, and I am troubled by the attitude that this may be a natural and even a positive development.

--John Mangun, Business Mirror April 24, 2008

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I think on a positive note, Pinoys know how to survive...

The inutile government of this administration made alot of Pinoys entrepreneurs......

The vibrant franchising business is one good indicator...

Among the notables:

Paotsin
    Waffle time
    Hen Lin
    Rice in the Box
    Zen Zest
    plato wraps
    yung bilihan ng fishball...nakalimutan ko ng pangalan...

marami pa nakalimutan ko na...
    Last edited by jpdm; May 2nd, 2008 at 04:48 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    the problem with us is we are too proud. masyado nagpapadala sa mga sabi-sabi na magaling ang pinoy, na kesyo naimbento ito naimbento yun, nag-succeed sa Silicon Valley etc etc.... most pinoys fail to take notice na kaya nag-succeed ang mga kababayan natin pinoy sa Silicon Valley is bec. yun na nga - level playing field ang atmosphere nila dun eh. under US rule yun.
    Saan ka ba nakatira at napakababa ng tingin mo sa sarili mo? Pero ang mali sa local media eh binibigyang pansin ang mga di karapat-dapat. haha

yung dreams mo dream lang yan ng mga batang pinoy. stop dreaming and start accepting reality and focus on our strengths. kasi may time component ang lahat ng bagay sa mundo. we dont have the luxury of time.
    lahat naman ata nagsisimula sa pangarap. it's up to the person if he wants to pursue his dream and everything will take time.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    Saan ka ba nakatira at napakababa ng tingin mo sa sarili mo? Pero ang mali sa local media eh binibigyang pansin ang mga di karapat-dapat. haha
    hindi mababa ang tingin ko sa sarili, hindi ko lang ugali mag-blame ng mga nasa taas for my own woes.

"the only way to beat somebody is to exceed their expectations. take note to exceed, not to meet."

so kung galit ka sa pulitiko at gusto mo magpapansin sa kanya, you cant do it by complaining all year round. you cant even do it if you act just like him.

if he's corrupting to the tune of 100M pesos a year, dapat ang goal mo is to corrupt 200M pesos a year. dyan sigurado didiyosin ka nya, and your wish is his command. if you spend the corrupted 200M on others before yourself and you still humble yourself even when having 100M more than him, then that's the time the politician will believe that you are better than him or anybody else like him.

tingin ko ganun din sa kahit sa abroad ka pa tumira.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hindi mababa ang tingin ko sa sarili, hindi ko lang ugali mag-blame ng mga nasa taas for my own woes.

"the only way to beat somebody is to exceed their expectations. take note to exceed, not to meet."

so kung galit ka sa pulitiko at gusto mo magpapansin sa kanya, you cant do it by complaining all year round. you cant even do it if you act just like him.

if he's corrupting to the tune of 100M pesos a year, dapat ang goal mo is to corrupt 200M pesos a year. dyan sigurado didiyosin ka nya, and your wish is his command. if you spend the corrupted 200M on others before yourself and you still humble yourself even when having 100M more than him, then that's the time the politician will believe that you are better than him or anybody else like him.

tingin ko ganun din sa kahit sa abroad ka pa tumira.

...ano ba yan...dapat legit business pag-usapan....

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Another reason why Pinoys turn to self-employment....

Manila Times
    Top Stories
    Notes and comments
    Juan T. Gatbonton, Editorial Consultant
    May 26,2008

Drop-outs- 'Our immerse and invisible failure'

Education in our country—like our economy and our politics—has a dual nature. Global employers give us high marks for our managers and our skilled workers, but not for our unskilled workers. And our two-class school system starts early.
    The children of parents who can afford the expense go through 14 to 15 years of basic education, starting with “play” and prep school. The rest get only 10 years: six of elementary and four of high school. We’ve the shortest basic schooling period in East Asia. Government also spends far less on our school children than comparable neighbor states do. Thailand spends six times more, and Malaysia 10 times more, on every schoolchild than we do.
    Dropping out of school
    Virtually all Filipino children of the right age enter grade 1, but only six out of 10 finish grade 6. Only four finish high school, and only two enter college. Yet the correlation between education and poverty is plain. Our poorest households are those whose heads have no formal education at all (10 percent of the poor); and those who had no more than an elementary education.
    The above figures represent national averages. In our poorest provinces, dropout rates are much higher: About 25 percent in grades 1 and 2, meaning that a fourth of people in these poorest provinces get no formal education at all.
    As of January 2008, there were 2.7 million jobless Filipinos. Half of them are between the ages of 15 and 24: And 62 percent had no more—or even less—than a high-school education.
    Perpetuating poverty
    School “dropouts” make up our biggest social problem because they perpetuate poverty. Dropouts make poverty a generational problem, because they cannot function in the modern economy. They cannot fill the jobs the modern economy creates. For instance, the voguish “call centers” apparently hire, at most, 5 percent of all the people they interview.
    Parents who drop out of school raise children who drop out in their turn, and children who drop out raise grandchildren who drop out, too. Despite our enduring myth of the school dropout who makes good, only 3 percent of farmers’ children ever become modern professionals, according to the sociologist Gelia Castillo.
    In 1999, the Jesuit educator Bienvenido Nebres called our inability to provide adequate elementary education to the great majority of our people “our immense and largely invisible failure.” The term is appropriate. The economist Cielito Habito in August 2006 noted that education’s share of the budget had continued to fall continuously, since the financial crisis of 1997. And now our dropout problem is being complicated by a “brain drain.” The composition of our OFWs is changing in educational terms. While only 9 percent of Filipinos are college graduates, 51 percent of all those leaving for foreign jobs are college graduates.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't see any problem with self-employment of people. in fact, this has to be encouraged nga, para maging entrepreneural ang concept ng mga filipinos.

the only problem na nakita ko is that we do not have laws which gives out incentives to self-employed people and business people alike. tapos ang taas pa ng taxes. mataas din ang cost that you will be incurring if you would be setting up a formal/legal business.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How I wish I could be self-employed. If only I had enough capital to start my dream business. So I guess for now I'd have to be a corporate slave until I save enough money.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    you can always get a loan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
More Pinoys are self-employed