New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Enforcement is key. We have more than enough laws and local regulations.

If Mayor Lim can paint a pusher's house in red as part of a shame campaign, or Chairman Bayani dousing kerosene to illegal vendors' goods, why don't enforcers try a swipe of red acrylic paint over a violator's car windshield, just to push a point. Next time, it'll be as a complete color change including the tyres.

Dapat na talaga paghaluin ang balat sa tinalupan pagdating sa traffic at proper road use.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If this so called ruling is implemented, its a death warrant to the local automotive manufacturing corporations.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    They should start by scouring Metro Manila and collecting derelict vehicles na naka tambak sa kalye.

I used to live in the Scouts area and our street has a lot of these non-road worthy cars and pickups na naka balandra sa kalye. There's an old pickup near our old home that has been there for years. May eco-system na yung bubong. When confronted, the owner keeps on saying that the car is a "project car" and he'll work on it soon, ek ek.
    Kung ligpitin ng MMDA yung mga yon, malaking improvements na yon.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Newcomer123 View Post
    Enforcement is key. We have more than enough laws and local regulations.

If Mayor Lim can paint a pusher's house in red as part of a shame campaign, or Chairman Bayani dousing kerosene to illegal vendors' goods, why don't enforcers try a swipe of red acrylic paint over a violator's car windshield, just to push a point. Next time, it'll be as a complete color change including the tyres.

Dapat na talaga paghaluin ang balat sa tinalupan pagdating sa traffic at proper road use.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    titirahin ka naman ng mga hinayupak na human rights group dapat talaga may "batas" para kahit magdadadaldal sila sa media wala din silang magagawa.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    titirahin ka naman ng mga hinayupak na human rights group dapat talaga may "batas" para kahit magdadadaldal sila sa media wala din silang magagawa.
    Bwahahaha!

Kung pwede lang yung bunganga nila yung hahaplusan ng pintura, okay sana!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i get the rationale behind it, but:

- how are people supposed to prove they have the parking space? Take a picture? Send LTO a floorplan of their home? Will the LTO conduct an inspection whether it exists or not? i could easily take a picture at the Megamall parking building and say it's at my home. Kung hindi rin nila maenforce ng maayos, that's just additional red tape.

- yes, cars parked on roads are a headache...but are they *really* the main problem? Yung traffic ba sa EDSA, caused by parked private cars? imho even with 100% compliance, the impact of this would be minimal.

- to be fair, they should go after other illegally parked vehicles/structures: tricycle drivers, abandoned cars, buses/jeeps "parked" in the middle of the road while barking for passengers.

- what if i have enough parking space for 100 cars. OK lang? How does that solve the problem of having "too many private cars" on the roads?

- are private cars *really* the source of traffic? i'd say public transport would be responsible for 90% of the problem.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    If this so called ruling is implemented, its a death warrant to the local automotive manufacturing corporations.
    Ito yung nakikita ko na malaking impact. Sales agents will print their resumes again when this is implemented. Some condominiums will be impacted too kapag bitin ang parking spaces nila, aalis ang tenant dahil hindi makabili ng sasakyan. Mababawasan yung branches ng car manufacturers kasi hihina ang sales. Dadami ang unemployed nito. Lolobo lalo yung sasakay sa jeep, bus, at mrt/lrt. Yung 1 hour na pila bago makasakay magiging 2 hours na. The list goes on, pero worst case scenario na siguro ito, tipong apocalyptic view hahaha.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post

- how are people supposed to prove they have the parking space? Take a picture? Send LTO a floorplan of their home? Will the LTO conduct an inspection whether it exists or not? i could easily take a picture at the Megamall parking building and say it's at my home. Kung hindi rin nila maenforce ng maayos, that's just additional red tape.

- yes, cars parked on roads are a headache...but are they *really* the main problem? Yung traffic ba sa EDSA, caused by parked private cars? imho even with 100% compliance, the impact of this would be minimal.

- to be fair, they should go after other illegally parked vehicles/structures: tricycle drivers, abandoned cars, buses/jeeps "parked" in the middle of the road while barking for passengers.

- what if i have enough parking space for 100 cars. OK lang? How does that solve the problem of having "too many private cars" on the roads?

- are private cars *really* the source of traffic? i'd say public transport would be responsible for 90% of the problem.
    Ang totoo tatamaan din ako dito.. Pero either sapul ako o hindi ng maging batas na to... Ang masabi ko lang ito talaga ang punto...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i suppose it's only fair..
    you buy a car.. you park it someplace where it will not "inconvenience" others.

but our government shouldn't stop here..
    they should actively tow away those who have made the road their garage..
    and they should also clean the sidewalks and roadsides of other impediments to motorist and pedestrian traffic.... repair shops, samalamig stalls, labahan and kulahan areas, binabargain stalls, even sala extensions!

i mean, anyone who does not see these, is either blind or lying thru the teeth.

will these moves improve traffic? ...hard to say, as we've never really, sincerely tried it before..
    i do know of several alternatives to edsa or taft or avenida or quezon avenue, but i don't try 'em now because of the parked vehicles on 'em..
    Last edited by dr. d; November 4th, 2014 at 02:24 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post

l

We have to start somewhere...

It's high time to spread the use of the most effective tool against illegal parking: wheel clamps

with this note left on your windshield:

To release this vehicle, kindly visit your friendly neighborhood MMDA office and settle your fine amounting to P10,000 pesos. The next violation, we will use two clamps.

Thank you and have a rotten day, VIOLATOR!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast